Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
Got my tickets! Row D in sec 220, so I assume the first 3 rows aren’t available for sale yet, which is super annoying 😩😫 (checked sec 218, 219 & 220, and all started at row D)

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Erm... yes it is. I clicked on section 109 for tickets and thought that is what seats it was showing me. :wall: Oh well.... they are bought now.

Oh no! Yeah the whole system sucked. I wanted 109 too, but even when I went back after I purchased to see what options were left it wasn't giving me anything in 109 or 110. If no one shows up in my aisle's seat 1, you're welcome to join us :)

midori

Oh, was there a payment option? ... :slinkaway I think I saw something but I was busy choosing a seat and didn't really have a time to pay attention... wonder which option did I choose? :shuffle:
Super frustrated how it was handled and I have a hunch there will be many better seats available on Friday, but, anyway, I GOT MY TICKET!!

Aaron MB Fan

@fan and I will be there too! We got our tickets. I logged in right away this morning and tried to get Price Level 1. Showed as nothing was available. System kept being difficult out of the gate not giving any ticket options and then finally we got tickets in Price Level 2 as the best available seats. We are in the 101 section which is the exact section I wanted in the centre of the arena. Montreal here we come!!

npavel

I was there 10 min early, preregistred and preselected, but gold tickets were not available :( that's really bat

Firedancer

That ticketing system was terrible! I declined a number of seats the system gave me and ended up in section 101 row O. Not what I wanted but I am excited for the competition.

swissskate

Bought my tickets too!:cheer2::bribe:
Section 117 J, hope I’ll see something :blocjudge
Did you guys already receive your e-tickets or will they also only be sent in autumn as well?

npavel

wanted a gold ticket, clicked 15 minutes on both gold and level 1. I got price level 1 without getting to choose the section. You only choose the price level and after 15 min clicking find a seat I got one, but not were I wanted to be. So bad way to threat their fans.I didn't dare to decline as what do I know how many more times I would had to click on find a seat. I ended up on sector 124 and not 101 or 102. Gold seat? No way to get something.

midori

That ticketing system was terrible! I declined a number of seats the system gave me and ended up in section 101 row O. Not what I wanted but I am excited for the competition.
I wish the system would have given me that seat. ;)

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Working in concert (she purchased while I screeched), jaro and I were able to buy six seats together only slightly higher than Mount Everest (we'll bring our own oxygen tanks).

I tried all different numbers for Gold, 1-6 tickets, from the very first moment the gates opened, and tried again later, and they were sold out. We might have been able to get blue seats, but not together, which is our strong preference.

When we get home, we'll watch the skating on our TVs/computers and see what actually happened. While we're at Worlds, we'll admire the little sparkly specks speeding around the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

manhn

I have sat in the cheapest seats for the Olympics and Boston Worlds and you still see the skaters quite clearly. The excitement is still quite tangible too. :) Looking forward to Montreal! Now we need to organize an FSU Get Together. ;)

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I just realized that since no one here (and since this is the Figure Skating Universe, presumably no one in the universe) could get Gold seats, the Gold seats may well have been sold out beforehand, and the time spent individually trying to buy them was time lost in looking for other seats.

I haven't been impressed with how Skate Canada has been running this Worlds and nothing about today's presale has changed my opinion.

jaro

I waited quite a while on hold with the Bell Center to make sure I wasn't charged for double my order because the confirmation email listed 6 seats but said 12 tickets. She said that's because they count the ticket holder as an item so if you see that on your receipt don't worry.

I asked if they had held back many seats for the general sale on Friday and she said yes. There were only a limited number of tickets available today. So much for trying to get the headstart. She said there would be good seats available on Friday. 😠

Liz V

I have one ticket to worlds 2020, section 220 Row D. Asking exactly what paid for it $633.45 USD. I found a better seat so I’m selling this one.

Last edited:

npavel

I got this mail after complaining

Tania Beattie (Skate/Patinage Canada)

May 29, 11:43 EDT

Hello Carla,
Tickets are only available through the link in which you received. Ticket selection is by section, best seat provided.
We have had significant ticket sales this morning and have completely sold out in the Gold Circle and P1 sections. There are no further tickets in these sections, all have been sold."

muffinplus

I got this mail after complaining

Tania Beattie (Skate/Patinage Canada)

May 29, 11:43 EDT

Hello Carla,
Tickets are only available through the link in which you received. Ticket selection is by section, best seat provided.
We have had significant ticket sales this morning and have completely sold out in the Gold Circle and P1 sections. There are no further tickets in these sections, all have been sold."

Hmm. Wow.

honey

I just went on the site to see what was left, and it's letting me pick a specific section now. Typical!

I called the toll free number after being repeatedly given options for sections I didn’t want. The girl on the phone told me the section could be selected online. I kept telling her that, no it couldn’t. She said on her end she could select the section and it would show if there were no seats left. Clearly this wasn’t was we were all seeing. Maybe they turned that option on now?

I just went and selected 109 (me preference), no problem and got seats 7 rows back. Sad for those who bought tickets earlier in their not preferred location :(

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
"Best seat" is very subjective. It also doesn't help those who might want a specific seat for a specific reason, eg aisle seats for folks with long legs.

skipaway

I just clicked around the map until I got an aisle seat (seat 1) and then bought it. Sec 124!

Aisle seat was very important to me but I’m as happy as a clam to get in 124. :cheer2:

honey

"Best seat" is very subjective. It also doesn't help those who might want a specific seat for a specific reason, eg aisle seats for folks with long legs.

Totally agree “beat available” is subjective! For what it’s worth, I was told on the phone that you cannot order via phone today, but you can starting on Friday. However, you still can’t pick your seats over the phone. She said section only could be selected over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information