Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Did anyone save the original seat map they had on the Worlds website? It had a little more detail as far as which row numbers were in which ticket level.

BittyBug

Disgusted
When I click on the link it shows "This event is not yet on sale."
Yes, that message shows up at the top, but over on the right in the box that is headed 'Price Level,' while the one linke shows all the options with prices (Price Level 1 = $2,105.75, Price Level 2 = $1,680.75, etc.), the link to just the 'Price Level' box for the Gold tickets says 'Gold Circle SOLD OUT'). Hence my :confused: - how could it be sold out if it has not yet gone on sale?

I guess we'll see what's up tomorrow.

jaro

[QUOTE="BittyBug, post: the link to just the 'Price Level' box for the Gold tickets says 'Gold Circle SOLD OUT'). .[/QUOTE]

I just checked and the price is in there.

peibeck

Simply looking
The current cost of World tickets in US currency (rounded):

Canadian $ / US $

2415 (gold) / 1791
2105.75 / 1561
1675.75 / 1246
1370.75 / 1016
1085.75 / 805
850.75 / 631

Looking at the Evenko website, beside the ticket price and "facility fee" it appears there is ALSO service charges (at least when I looked at a different event). Thanks for letting us know Skate Canada. For one event (Marc Anthony) the service charge for one ticket was over $16CA, meaning for 9 events it will be over $145CA. :mad: :wall:

skatingguy

decently
Looking at the Evenko website, beside the ticket price and "facility fee" it appears there is ALSO service charges (at least when I looked at a different event). Thanks for letting us know Skate Canada. For one event (Marc Anthony) the service charge for one ticket was over $16CA, meaning for 9 events it will be over $145CA. :mad: :wall:
The prices that @euterpe posted includes the facility fee according to the website.
https://tickets.evenko.ca/shop/#/91...t-on-sale?fac=EVENKO&locale=en-CA&skin=evenko

Cayuse

Good luck to all of you planning to brave the system for tickets tomorrow. The tour groups were limited to 10% of their total ticket purchases that could be in the "gold" section, 30% in the P1 section and the rest of their group tickets had to be P2 or higher. I do believe the tours get first dibs as they had to collect the money early, but hopefully, there are lots of tickets left.

My experience is the most sight blockage is on the side where the judges sit. Sometimes the cameras are above the judges and sometimes, if you are lucky, the cameras are below the judges. If the judging/technical/MC/panel is all on a raised platform, it blocks quite a bit of the view and that is why many arenas look more empty on TV because no one is sitting in those seats. Also they tend to keep the sections behind the judges for the traveling officials and coaches from all of the countries.

Happy shopping!

gatorinfl

Good luck to all of you planning to brave the system for tickets tomorrow. The tour groups were limited to 10% of their total ticket purchases that could be in the "gold" section, 30% in the P1 section and the rest of their group tickets had to be P2 or higher. I do believe the tours get first dibs as they had to collect the money early, but hopefully, there are lots of tickets left.

My experience is the most sight blockage is on the side where the judges sit. Sometimes the cameras are above the judges and sometimes, if you are lucky, the cameras are below the judges. If the judging/technical/MC/panel is all on a raised platform, it blocks quite a bit of the view and that is why many arenas look more empty on TV because no one is sitting in those seats. Also they tend to keep the sections behind the judges for the traveling officials and coaches from all of the countries.

Happy shopping!

Good information. Thanks!

jtpc

It looks like they will be using a virtual waiting room on the ticket website. Interesting that if you don't like the tickets the system gives you and you want to search again, you go back to the waiting room until you get chosen again. I did want to try for an aisle seat, but maybe I'll just have to take what it gives me the first time. *thinking*

honey

Perhaps I’m just being dumb, but it seems it’s limiting choice to just price level?? You can’t even pick your preferred section it seems. I keep cancelling the offered tickets and have gotten three different sections as options but not the one I want yet.

BittyBug

Disgusted
Ticket brokers must have an army of people snapping things up because I logged in early, Gold was sold out right out of the gate, and the best available seats showing are on the corners in the 2nd tier. How is that possible?

peibeck

Simply looking
I thought the process was simple, but I'd have preferred to chose my seat. Oh well. I'm pretty sure I'm on the aisle or only a seat or so in. It will do. And the service charge was only $65, less than I expected. Small bonus.

TanithandBenFan

I thought the process was simple, but I'd have preferred to chose my seat. Oh well. I'm pretty sure I'm on the aisle or only a seat or so in. It will do. And the service charge was only $65, less than I expected. Small bonus.

Which section did you get? I took the second option they gave me which was 117 row E. I wanted aisle too, but I got seats 2-4. Seems odd they would let seat 1 stand as a single for sale?

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I just bought my ticket, and the price didn't include any extra charges from the amount published. I was in the waiting room for 3 cycles, less than a minute.

I accepted the ticket they first offered, since it was on a curve and opposite the judges' side, which I prefer, and I was able to opt into the three payment plan.

ETA: There was an additional $5.75 "electronic ticket" fee which hadn't registered.

Last edited:

jkl

I got the seat I wanted but not in the section I wanted😳. I was told the section I asked for was not available. I didn’t want to go back in the waiting room and take a chance so took it. I was finished at 9:01 Central time.

honey

I got the seat I wanted but not in the section I wanted😳. I was told the section I asked for was not available. I didn’t want to go back in the waiting room and take a chance so took it. I was finished at 9:01 Central time.

How were you able to even select a specific section? It doesn’t seem to show that as an option for me.

jkl

Well I tapped on the section I wanted and not available came up. I didn’t like the take it or leave it policy they have but since they are in charge I took it. 🥳

peibeck

Simply looking
Which section did you get? I took the second option they gave me which was 117 row E. I wanted aisle too, but I got seats 2-4. Seems odd they would let seat 1 stand as a single for sale?

121 on the corner, same viewing side as the judges and the same directions the skaters will skate to the kiss-n-cry (although it's a few sections away).

Maybe someone snagged seat 1 before you got to it? At least you know you are close to an aisle.

I got row E, but I know there are aisles missing in my section, I'm assuming for photographers, or as a place for skaters to stretch, etc. I just wanted an unobstructed view, unlike the last few comps I've gone too. Corners are good for that, and being able to see the ice patterns and jump landings up close.

TanithandBenFan

121 on the corner, same viewing side as the judges and the same directions the skaters will skate to the kiss-n-cry (although it's a few sections away).

Maybe someone snagged seat 1 before you got to it? At least you know you are close to an aisle.

I got row E, but I know there are aisles missing in my section, I'm assuming for photographers, or as a place for skaters to stretch, etc. I just wanted an unobstructed view, unlike the last few comps I've gone too. Corners are good for that, and being able to see the ice patterns and jump landings up close.

121 looks like it's across from the judges? I think the judges are in front of sections 112-114 and the K&C is 106-105 if I'm looking correctly.

peibeck

Simply looking
121 looks like it's across from the judges? I think the judges are in front of sections 112-114 and the K&C is 106-105 if I'm looking correctly.

Erm... yes it is. I clicked on section 109 for tickets and thought that is what seats it was showing me. :wall: Oh well.... they are bought now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information