Minimum Total Element Scores (TES) for 2023 ISU Championships

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Fedor Chitipakhovian ARM - Tallink Hotels Cup
Jari Kessler CRO - Tallink Hotels Cup and Bellu Memorial
Arttu Juusola FIN - Tallink Hotels Cup
Jan Ollikainen FIN - Tallink Hotels Cup
Makar Suntsev FIN - Tallink Hotels Cup
Valtter Virtanen FIN - Tallink Hotels Cup and Challenge Cup
Lev Vinokur ISR* - Tallink Hotels Cup
Naoki Rossi SUI* - Tallink Hotels Cup
Just an update on the men seeking TES mins today at Tallink Hotels Cup. Ollikainen WD before the SP. None of the men who needed the SP TES min earned it, so that's the end of the road for Chitipakhovian, Juusola and Suntsev. Tomorrow we'll see if Kessler, Virtanen, Vinokur or Rossi can earn the FS min and a ticket/alternate ticket to Worlds.

Karen-W

Heads up that the CZE fed has withdrawn Barbora Vrankova from Bellu Memorial next week and replaced her with Nikola Rychtarikova. Challenge Cup entries haven't been updated this week, so who knows if the women listed are still competing there next week.

Karen-W

Well, the alternates (Vinokur and Rossi) got the FS TES min for Worlds, but both Kessler and Virtanen fell just under 2 points shy of it this morning. Onto Bellu Memorial and Challenge Cup next week respectively for each!

Karen-W

Updating this coming week's entries for both Bellu Memorial and Challenge Cup since there's now a results page for Challenge Cup and a few changes from the initial entry list published on Feb 10th. Pretty evenly split between Challenge Cup and Bellu Memorial for women seeking their TES mins.

Emily Saari AUT* - SP Challenge Cup
Jade Hovine BEL - SP Challenge Cup
Eliska Brezinova CZE** - Bellu Memorial
Nikola Rychatrikova CZE** - SP/FS Bellu Memorial
Barbora Vrankova CZE
Marie Kolly-Millasson ESP - SP/FS Bellu Memorial
Lucia Ruiz Manzano ESP - SP/FS Bellu Memorial
Elisavet Voulgari GRE - SP/FS Bellu Memorial
Tara Prasad IND - SP Bellu Memorial
Mariia Seniuk ISR - SP Challenge Cup
Jogaile Aglinskyte LTU - SP/FS Bellu Memorial
Frida Turiddotter Berge NOR*** - SP/FS Challenge Cup
Linnea Kilsand NOR*** - SP/FS Challenge Cup
Jocelyn Hong NZL - FS Bellu Memorial
Ana Sofia Beschea ROU - SP/FS Bellu Memorial
Julia Sauter ROU - SP Bellu Memorial
Emelie Ling SWE - SP/FS Challenge Cup
Josefin Taljegard SWE - SP Challenge Cup

* - Both Olga Mikutina and Stefanie Pesendorfer have the Worlds TES mins and could represent Austria, but my guess is that the Austrian Fed wants to give their new National Champ one more shot at getting the SP min, especially since neither Mikutina nor Pesendorfer were particularly strong at Euros.

** - As noted previously, Brezinova has the Worlds TES mins already, but she's coming back from surgery after Four Nationals. Rychtarikova barely made the FS at Euros and needs the Worlds SP min, but this might be a situation where if she gets it and beats Brezinova, she gets the spot. Such a shame that Vrankova isn't back from her own injury and able to try and get the TES mins she also needs.

*** - Mia Carolina Risa Gomez NOR has the Worlds TES mins, but all three of the top Norwegian women, including Mia, are competing at Challenge Cup, so the Worlds assignment might not be decided yet.

Last edited:

Karen-W

The list of Dance teams trying to earn the Worlds TES mins at Challenge Cup has been updated with the addition of Pallu-Neves/Panesar of Brazil and Borysova/Freeman of Poland. Four of the teams lack both the RD and FD mins, while Borysova/Freeman need only the RD.

India Nette/Eron Westwood AUS*
Natalia Pallu-Neves/Jayin Panesar BRA
Sofia Val/Asaf Kazimov ESP
Chelsea Verhaegh/Sherim van Geffen NED*
Olexandra Borysova/Aaron Freeman POL*

* - Harris/Chan AUS, Jakucs/Galli NED, Polibina/Golovishnikov POL already have the Worlds TES mins and will certainly be the entries for Australia, the Netherlands, and Poland respectively, but I'm sure their feds would like to have another team qualified.

The Pairs teams seeking Worlds TES minimums is a pretty short list that has not changed since the publication of the initial entry list. There are 4 teams lacking the SP min and all four are slated to compete at Challenge Cup.

Sophia Schaller / Livio Mayr AUT
Oceane Piegad / Denys Strekalin FRA*
Isabella Gamez / Aleksandr Korovin PHI
Greta Crafoord / John Crafoord SWE

* - Kovalev/Kovalev FRA and Vouillamoz/Giniaux FRA both have the Worlds TES mins, but I'm not sure if the FFSG has named the 2nd pairs team for Worlds yet, especially since Vouillamoz/Giniaux are doing Jr Worlds already.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Men still attempting to earn the Worlds TES mins this week are split pretty evenly between guys who need just the FS and those who need both the SP and FS mins.

Jari Kessler CRO - FS Bellu Memorial
Petr Kotlarik CZE - SP/FS Bellu Memorial
Valtter Virtanen FIN - FS Challenge Cup
Davide Lewton Brain MON - FS Challenge Cup
Iwan van Hulst NED - SP/FS Challenge Cup
Andrew Torgashev USA - SP/FS Challenge Cup

Andrea82

If I were a single skater, I would have tried Bellu Memorial rather than Challenge Cup.
Except for a few exceptions (Torgashev), most of those still seeking minimums have technical contents that makes hard to go over the line. They need to rely on some +1/2 for elements probably deserving 0 (sorry if I sound like Natalia Kruglova!) I think it would be easier to get that in an event where you are the top of the entries rather than a usually crowded like the Challenge Cup.

Provisional composition of the panels for Bellu is already out (Grof, Dimitrenko and Ozbukucu in the technical panel. Judges from Turkey, Romania, Slovania, Slovakia and Croatia). Let's see who ends up officiating at Challenge Cup.

Karen-W

If I were a single skater, I would have tried Bellu Memorial rather than Challenge Cup.
Except for a few exceptions (Torgashev), most of those still seeking minimums have technical contents that makes hard to go over the line. They need to rely on some +1/2 for elements probably deserving 0 (sorry if I sound like Natalia Kruglova!) I think it would be easier to get that in an event where you are the top of the entries rather than a usually crowded like the Challenge Cup.

Provisional composition of the panels for Bellu is already out (Grof, Dimitrenko and Ozbukucu in the technical panel. Judges from Turkey, Romania, Slovania, Slovakia and Croatia). Let's see who ends up officiating at Challenge Cup.
I suspect it's a matter of which competition is the easiest/cheapest to attend, at least for the European-based skaters.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I suspect it's a matter of which competition is the easiest/cheapest to attend, at least for the European-based skaters.
This is probably true but some of the skaters end up going to competition after competition and that has to be expensive too. Also, it wears them out so some of them get to Worlds but don't do well once they get there. At what point as a skater and coach and team supporting a skater, do you pull the plug and use that time, money, and energy towards working on getting more technical content?

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
The list of Dance teams trying to earn the Worlds TES mins at Challenge Cup has been updated with the addition of Pallu-Neves/Panesar of Brazil and Borysova/Freeman of Poland. Four of the teams lack both the RD and FD mins, while Borysova/Freeman need only the RD.
Borysova/Freeman have the RD minimum (just - 33.29) so they’re good for Worlds if for some reason Polibina/Golovishnikov can’t make it.

Karen-W

Updating again... Emily Saari is no longer listed for Challenge Cup and Tara Prasad is no longer listed for Bellu Memorial. :(
Emily Saari AUT* - SP Challenge Cup
Jade Hovine BEL - SP Challenge Cup
Tara Prasad IND - SP Bellu Memorial
Mariia Seniuk ISR - SP Challenge Cup
Frida Turiddotter Berge NOR*** - SP/FS Challenge Cup
Linnea Kilsand NOR*** - SP/FS Challenge Cup
Emelie Ling SWE - SP/FS Challenge Cup
Josefin Taljegard SWE - SP Challenge Cup

Karen-W

India Nette/Eron Westwood AUS*
Natalia Pallu-Neves/Jayin Panesar BRA
Sofia Val/Asaf Kazimov ESP
Chelsea Verhaegh/Sherim van Geffen NED*
Dance update after the RD -

Val/Asimov and Verhaegh/van Geffen both got the RD min, so onto the FD pursuit for them tomorrow. Also, VerVG have a substantial lead over Jakucs/Galli in the Dutch Championship contest, so if they get their FD min, they'll probably get the Worlds spot.

ETA - presuming the Euros/4CCs TES mins remain the same for next season, Pallu-Neves/Panesar did earn the RD min at Egna Dance Trophy a few weeks ago, but they're still looking to earn the FD min, so they'll be hoping for a great skate tomorrow to get that.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Men still attempting to earn the Worlds TES mins this week are split pretty evenly between guys who need just the FS and those who need both the SP and FS mins.

Kotlarik and van Hulst did not get the SP TES min today. Torgashev did, which leaves us an exciting day tomorrow with 4 men hoping to get the FS min and book tickets to Saitama!

Karen-W

Rough evening for every woman at Bellu Memorial save Julia Sauter who blew past the SP TES min with 35.79 today! No one else achieved the Worlds SP min.

Karen-W

Dance update after the RD -

Val/Asimov and Verhaegh/van Geffen both got the RD min, so onto the FD pursuit for them tomorrow. Also, VerVG have a substantial lead over Jakucs/Galli in the Dutch Championship contest, so if they get their FD min, they'll probably get the Worlds spot.

ETA - presuming the Euros/4CCs TES mins remain the same for next season, Pallu-Neves/Panesar did earn the RD min at Egna Dance Trophy a few weeks ago, but they're still looking to earn the FD min, so they'll be hoping for a great skate tomorrow to get that.
Val/Kazimov and Verhaegh/van Geffen both easily earned the FD TES mins today!

Pallu-Neves/Panesar were less than a point from the Euros/4CCs FD min, so I expect that they'll easily manage that early next season and make it to 4CCs in Shanghai. :)

Vagabond

Pallu-Neves/Panesar were less than a point from the Euros/4CCs FD min, so I expect that they'll easily manage that early next season and make it to 4CCs in Shanghai. :)
Assuming, that is, that 4CC's don't get moved to Tallinn or some such place. ;)

Karen-W

Kotlarik and van Hulst did not get the SP TES min today. Torgashev did, which leaves us an exciting day tomorrow with 4 men hoping to get the FS min and book tickets to Saitama!
Jari Kessler and Andrew Torgashev both earned their FS TES mins today!

Sadly, Valtter Virtanen and Davide Lewton Brain did not. :-(

Karen-W

Jade Hovine has the minimums now and surely should be sent to Worlds with Hendrickx and Pinzarrone.

I did a quick count and I think it'll bring the total potential entries to 36, which we all know is an ISU sweet spot.
37 potential entries...

JPN, BEL, USA & KOR - 3 each = 12
GEO & GER - 2 each = 4
AUT, BUL, CAN, CHN, CYP, CZE, EST, FIN, FRA, GBR, HUN, ITA, LAT, MDA, NED, NOR, POL, ROU, SLO, SUI, SVK - 1 each = 21

12+4+21 = 37

ETA - Jocelyn Hong just finished her FS at Bellu Memorial and did not earn the FS TES min she needed.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
37 potential entries...

JPN, BEL, USA & KOR - 3 each = 12
GEO & GER - 2 each = 4
AUT, BUL, CAN, CHN, CYP, CZE, EST, FIN, FRA, GBR, HUN, ITA, LAT, MDA, NED, NOR, POL, ROU, SLO, SUI, SVK - 1 each = 21

12+4+21 = 37

ETA - Jocelyn Hong just finished her FS at Bellu Memorial and did not earn the FS TES min she needed.
I agree with the list except I don’t have anyone for China?

Karen-W

I agree with the list except I don’t have anyone for China?
Yi Beverly Zhu has been spotted training in Beijing. She has the TES mins. Who knows if she's healthy enough for Worlds. Same goes for Alina Urushadze.

Best guess, we wind up with 35 or 36 entries when it's all said and done.

Karen-W

On the men's side, there are a potential 36 entries (though I don't think we'll wind up with that many) now that everyone who can qualify has:

JPN, USA - 3 each = 6
CAN, FRA, GEO, ITA - 2 each = 8
AUT, AZE, BUL, CHN, CRO, CZE, ESP, EST, GBR, GER, HUN, ISR, KAZ, KOR, LAT, MEX, POL, SUI, SVK, SWE, TUR, UKR - 1 each = 22

6+8+22 = 36

Karen-W

And, for Ice Dance - there are a potential 33 entries:

FRA, USA - 3 each = 6
CAN, ITA, LTU - 2 each = 6
AUS, AZE, BEL, CHN, CZE, EST, ESP, FIN, GBR, GEO, GER, HUN, ISR, JPN, KAZ, LAT, NED, NZL, POL, SVK, UKR - 1 each = 21

6+6+21 = 33

Karen-W

The Pairs teams seeking Worlds TES minimums is a pretty short list that has not changed since the publication of the initial entry list. There are 4 teams lacking the SP min and all four are slated to compete at Challenge Cup.

Sophia Schaller / Livio Mayr AUT
Oceane Piegad / Denys Strekalin FRA*
Isabella Gamez / Aleksandr Korovin PHI
Greta Crafoord / John Crafoord SWE

* - Kovalev/Kovalev FRA and Vouillamoz/Giniaux FRA both have the Worlds TES mins, but I'm not sure if the FFSG has named the 2nd pairs team for Worlds yet, especially since Vouillamoz/Giniaux are doing Jr Worlds already.
And, the last skaters to achieve the TES mins are Gamez/Korovin!

The Crafoords WD and neither Schaller/Mayr nor Piegad/Strekalin got the SP mins.

That gives us potentially 24 pairs teams at Worlds:

CAN, USA - 3 each = 6
FRA, GBR, GER, NED - 2 each = 8
AUS, CHN, CZE, ESP*, GEO, HUN, ITA, JPN, PHI, UKR - 1 each = 10

6+8+10 = 24

*ESP - status of Barquero/Zandron is unknown, but if they're allowed back now that a year has passed since her doping violation, they do have the TES mins from last season still.

Evgeniafan

And, for Ice Dance - there are a potential 33 entries:

FRA, USA - 3 each = 6
CAN, ITA, LTU - 2 each = 6
AUS, AZE, BEL, CHN, CZE, EST, ESP, FIN, GBR, GEO, GER, HUN, ISR, JPN, KAZ, LAT, NED, NZL, POL, SVK, UKR - 1 each = 21

6+6+21 = 33
Is 33 dance teams a record?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information