Michelle Kwan (Threads Merged)

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Though it’s been more than a decade since she’s skated competitively, Kwan still slays on the ice.

Wow! She does more than just still slaying the ice. She still owns the ice.

I turned 52 years old on September 10th, 2010. On September 29th, Michelle performed in Yuna Kim's show, All That Skate. I have a few tears in my eyes right now just thinking about that show. I was well then, and fully capable of doing anything. I also didn't know that my whole future and life would change in a very short amount of time. I almost didn't make it. But I did make it, and I lived to see my 53rd birthday which was very special because it was one of those "once in a lifetime moments". My birthday was 09/10/11. That won't occur again until 09/10/3011.

So this show that Michelle performed in was really special to me. It was also one of those "once in a lifetime" moments for anyone that got to attend and also got to see that show on TV. I'm so glad I made it, and was able to see Michelle skate that beautifully from that link you provided, @Yazmeen. That's another "once in a lifetime moment" for me.

Beauty truly does exist whenever we see the Kween perform on the ice.

Michelle Kwan - Winter Song

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
@Simone411 thanks for posting the link to Winter Song, I remember too. It was such a thrilling time for us fans.

Any updates on what Michelle has been doing in Korea?
I just found this article which is 3 hours old. It's an interview from Mic.

American Hero Michelle Kwan Still Gets Emotional When She Looks At How Far Figure Skating Has Come

Adding this portion of the interview:

Mirai Nagasu has said what an inspiration you’ve been for her, and you’re often a point of pride for the Asian-American community. How does it feel to see that seven out of 14 of the U.S. figure skaters here in Pyeongchang are Asian-Americans?

MK: It’s pretty surreal. I grew up watching Kristi Yamaguchi, a Japanese-American skater and I remember meeting her when I was 11 or 12. And with Mirai — we’ve talked about how similar our stories are. Her parents had a Japanese restaurant and, growing up, her mom was sewing costumes and sewing sequins onto her dresses. We talked about how, compared to other skaters, she didn’t have custom-made, fancy dresses because her parents couldn’t afford those luxury things.

My story is the exact same. Our family had a Chinese restaurant and my mom was the one sewing beads by hand onto everything. I borrowed costumes even up to the senior level, when I was second in the country. I was wearing costumes that people [lent] me then.

I’m just really proud. Mirai is a friend, and I can see her developing into this incredible woman who’s strong, who’s graceful, who’s classy, who’s articulate. It’s really beautiful to see, and to see how she’s representing our country.

Last edited:

Marco

Michelle has reportedly sold her Rhode Islands mansion. There was one tidbit that I never knew - that Clay had announced that they were getting a divorce on Twitter before he even told her.

bardtoob

Michelle has reportedly sold her Rhode Islands mansion. There was one tidbit that I never knew - that Clay had announced that they were getting a divorce on Twitter before he even told her.

Yeah, and I hope the trust fund baby didn't get too much of the money she earned from her child labor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information