Lubov I. and Charlie B. forms new partnership to compete for Canada

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
So its official?

Thats great for this new team that could have potential.

But its usually her jumps that are the weakness so Ill be curious to see them grow!

I just clicked on your link. Can we get him a haircut appointment.. Pronto.

quartz

scratching at the light
I like Charlie's hair longer. Luba needs either shorter and sassier or grow it out longer.
Otherwise, they look cute together - any footage of them skating??

eta....that Skate Canada cut-out photo is very unflattering to both of them however - Charlie's Instagram pic is much better.

Last edited:

aliceanne

How many more points do pairs skaters get for doing sloppy SBS triple toes/salchows as opposed to clean double axels or double lutzes? Especially if one partner splats or underrotates the triple?

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Here's the official Skate Canada announcement (same content as the IG post):
Link

They will do a media day at the beginning of April so expect more coverage and footage in a month.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Canadian pairs appeared weak after the 2018 Olympics. So this pair is likely to climb up very fast. I am neutral, but this was a bit of a surprise. I thought she had retired.

Last edited:

RoseRed

Canadian pairs appeared weak after the 2018 Olympics. So this pair is likely to climb up very fast. I am neutral, but this was a bit of a surprise. I though5 she had retired.
Before the Olympics, I think it was expected that she and Dylan would both retire, and they talked about doing shows together, but after they missed Dylan's the only one who announced his retirement.

Colonel Green

Canadian pairs appeared weak after the 2018 Olympics. So this pair is likely to climb up very fast. I am neutral, but this was a bit of a surprise. I though5 she had retired.
At the time Moscovitch retired she said she would explore her options. Thatā€™s often code for ā€œretirementā€, but in this case when a top pairs guy from the same country suddenly became available, thatā€™s an actual option.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Finally official. Yes, he needs a haircut. I have mixed feelings about whether this will be successful (competitively speaking) or not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

screech

At the time Moscovitch retired she said she would explore her options. Thatā€™s often code for ā€œretirementā€, but in this case when a top pairs guy from the same country suddenly became available, thatā€™s an actual option.
Well, it was also her spending a year touring with Cirque du Soleil... definitely exploring her options!!

I'm not sure what to make of this pairing. Charlie never left an impression on me, though I always liked Lubov. I'm happy for her to be competing again, though I hope we see a lot of improvement in her jumps.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Finally. Congrats and good luck to Lubov and Charlie.

The announcement said that Lubov recently completed her contract with Cirque du Soleil, so I suppose she and Charlie will now be free to get down to the business of serious training, and coming up with programs. Apparently, Gauthier/ Marcotte are considered to be the best go-to pairs coaches. But I'm not so sure that Julie Marcotte is the best pairs choreographer. I think Julie is quite good and she's done a lot of wonderful work, but hopefully skaters will be allowed to explore program and choreo ideas, not just with Julie.

Gauthier/Marcotte have such a ton of skaters, but I don't quite see their operation as a pairs version of Gadbois, so we'll see how things work out. With G/M's help, will Lubov/Charlie (I/B) and M-T/M push each other to great heights, or will one team surpass the other? :COP: As it now stands, Charlie is the better partner, while Kirsten is the more consistent sbs jumper vs Lubov, but Lubov apparently has greater flexibility and lift position bendability. :D We'll see how their respective 3-twists compare.

I'm liking the idea of Lubov & Charlie, but we do need to see them in action, with an M-F Dubreuil 'Chock/Bates' style makeover too!!! And Lubov def needs help figuring out landing her sbs jumps, pronto. That's obviously been her main weakness. Solving that weakness is a must.

Well, it took a full season for Canadians to forgive Kirsten Moore-Towers for dumping Dylan.

Some people are not yet over that. :shuffle:

:lol: Right.

The most important thing though is that Kirsten, Dylan, and Michael are over it.

Last edited:

insideedgeua

I feel like we have known about this possible partnership for months - I want footage NOW!

Thatā€™s because we HAVE known about it for months!

I stated it in early December after hearing the news from Richard himself. Unfortunately until it was announced I couldnā€™t say who my source was, but I was never in any doubt that it was a done deal.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

So its official?

Thats great for this new team that could have potential.

But its usually her jumps that are the weakness so Ill be curious to see them grow!

I just clicked on your link. Can we get him a haircut appointment.. Pronto.

I was about to say the same thing. Her jump struggles were a major weakness, and prevented her partnership with Moskovitch from getting higher PCS (when they really deserved it).

At their best, I really do miss Julianne and Charlie, and I remember how much I enjoyed watching them live at the 2015 World Championships in Shanghai.

Canada however, could really do with another strong senior pair team at the moment.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Thatā€™s because we HAVE known about it for months!

I stated it in early December after hearing the news from Richard himself. Unfortunately until it was announced I couldnā€™t say who my source was, but I was never in any doubt that it was a done deal.

So will Richard give them equal concern to MTM2 or give them leftovers as MTM2 is his sun,moon and stars. B/B was a great team but somehow Justine had a problem landing throws. She was a good jumper so I don't understand him not being able to fix that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information