Leslie Bricusse, musical composer, RIP

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I didn't know the name, but apparently I and other skating fans have been enjoying his music for decades.

From Wikipedia

(He) was a British composer, lyricist, and playwright who worked on theatre musicals and wrote theme music for films. He was best known for writing the music and lyrics for the films Doctor Dolittle, Goodbye, Mr. Chips, Scrooge, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Tom and Jerry: The Movie, the songs "Goldfinger", "You Only Live Twice", "Can You Read My Mind (Love Theme)" (with John Williams) from Superman, and "Le Jazz Hot!" with Henry Mancini from Victor/Victoria.
Sammy Davis Jr. had hits with two songs by Bricusse, "What Kind of Fool Am I?" (from Stop the World - I Want to Get Off) and "The Candy Man" (from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory) which became a No. 1 hit.[6] Other recording artists who recorded successful versions of his songs include Nina Simone ("Feeling Good"), Matt Monro and Frank Sinatra ("My Kind of Girl"), Shirley Bassey ("Goldfinger"), Harry Secombe ("If I Ruled the World"), Nancy Sinatra ("You Only Live Twice"), The Turtles ("A Guide for the Married Man"), Maureen McGovern ("Can You Read My Mind"), and Diana Krall ("When I Look in Your Eyes").[7] Bricusse partnered with George Tipton to write the opening theme of the U.S. television sitcom It's a Living.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I didn't know the name, but apparently I and other skating fans have been enjoying his music for decades.

From Wikipedia
He also wrote the score for the 1960s musical film version of "Goodbye Mr. Chips" and reused his song "London is London" from his score for a stage version of "Jekyll and Hyde" in that film for Petula Clark's big stage production number where Peter O'Toole as Chips first sees her character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information