Kevin Reynolds interviewed by Japan's Mainichi Shimbun

Sylvia

TBD
Known as a lover of Japanese games and anime, retired Canadian figure skater Kevin Reynolds, 31, spoke in an online interview with the Mainichi Shimbun about his memories of Japanese skaters and how they impacted his career, reflecting on his one-on-one conversation with Yuzuru Hanyu and Daisuke Takahashi's sensational Swan Lake program. The original Japanese article was published on July 16.
... I train young skaters mainly at the novice level and below. It has been very rewarding to give back to the sport. Being able to analyze things as a coach has given me more perspective, perhaps on things as an athlete as well, as a competitor in the past.
On the side, I began to pursue a master's degree in public administration with the University of Birmingham online. A year and a half later, I have one year left in the degree. I used to watch anime and play Japanese games all the time, but I feel guilty now because I should be studying. I think once the thesis is done, I'll have more time to enjoy hobbies.

In Part 2 of this series, he talks about Japanese ice dance and pairs duos as well as the evolution of jumps with increased rotations. The original Japanese article was published on July 17.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information