Katia Gordeeva remarried??

Bigbird

Seriously though, Daria's appearance and choice of photos saddens me. I hope I am not reading too much into things....

Amy L

It was much worse when she was younger and clearly going through some stuff. She's deleted and renamed 2 or 3 insta accounts by now. I think she works in the fashion industry, or at least that's what she went to school for, so that could be the "style" she's going for. Or she's just an edgy hipster and thinks she's being cool. She's 28 so her personality is probably pretty cemented by now.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Seriously though, Daria's appearance and choice of photos saddens me. I hope I am not reading too much into things....
Why would that sadden you? I do not understand why she chooses to eschew makeup and bare her breasts for all cyberspace to see,but that is par for the course as millennials go.

If this forum finds Miss Grinkova's appearance concerning,it likely indicates she is in fact on trend with the millennials. To be frank,I suspect many members here lack a sense of fashion and style and are stuck in the past.

-BB

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
If this forum finds Miss Grinkova's appearance concerning,it likely indicates she is in fact on trend with the millennials. To be frank,I suspect many members here lack a sense of fashion and style and are stuck in the past.

-BB
You have some nerve casting aspersions on the taste levels of so many members. I have attended several FSU meet-ups, and without exception everyone was dressed in Chanel, Comme Des Garcons, Gareth Pugh, and similar designers. This was the most common hairstyle among people of all genders.

While I was waiting to purchase a $1.09 USD glass of wine at Junior Worlds in Zagreb, Daniil Gleikhengauz tried to tear my Prada sweater off me. It he had succeeded, it would have become the least problematic item in his wardrobe.

If we are hell-bent on crucifying someone for their social media presence, may I humbly suggest that Lloyd Eisler is more deserving than anyone related to the great Ms. Gordeeva.

bardtoob

So what I read is that a well-known French-Canadian Womanizer and the Canadian guy that called Michelle Kwan sexy on TV in 1994 swooped in on a divorcee. Seems like a well known strategy, and was even featured on an episode of Happy Days.

I guess the French-Canadian Womanizer and the Canadian guy that called Michelle Kwan sexy TV must be the rebound skanks.

Last edited:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
So what I read is that a well-known French-Canadian Womanizer and the Canadian guy that called Michelle Kwan sexy on TV in 1994 swooped in on a divorcee. Seems like a well known strategy, and was even featured on an episode of Happy Days.
Boy you’re lots of fun aren’t you?

soogar

Why would that sadden you? I do not understand why she chooses to eschew makeup and bare her breasts for all cyberspace to see,but that is par for the course as millennials go.

-BB
I don't know what photos you are looking at, but there are way better ways to show your body off. Her mom was/is a famous skater and still seems to be making a living at it. Daria's Instagram... not sure what's she's trying to market but it does not look good. There are loads of millennials selling themselves on instagram, even those with tats and edgy looks, who don't seem as disheveled or lost the way Daria looks in those pics.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I don't know what photos you are looking at, but there are way better ways to show your body off. Her mom was/is a famous skater and still seems to be making a living at it. Daria's Instagram... not sure what's she's trying to market but it does not look good. There are loads of millennials selling themselves on instagram, even those with tats and edgy looks, who don't seem as disheveled or lost the way Daria looks in those pics.
Apparently you haven't seen the influx of OnlyFans businesses in the last few months :)

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Seems like a well known strategy, and was even featured on an episode of Happy Days.

Now THIS is a dated reference, even by my generous standards.

Daria's Instagram... not sure what's she's trying to market but it does not look good. There are loads of millennials selling themselves on instagram, even those with tats and edgy looks, who don't seem as disheveled or lost the way Daria looks in those pics.

You are so unreasonable here that you have put me in the position of defending an unkempt bare-breasted millennial. Hardly my target market,dear.

-BB

bardtoob

Now THIS is a dated reference, even by my generous standards.

It harkens back to a simpler time when all women who divorced were assumed to be, as it says in the dialogue, "hot-to-trot". Goodness, even Marion, the wholesome mother, says it.

Last edited:

Yogadgaf

Sandra Bezic tweeted a cryptic allusion to Katie and David, complete with♥️ emoji , right after the July weekend when Katia also had tagged "LaurelsonWhyte" (florist in Edmonton) on an Instagram picture of a bouquet.

David's picture is on Katia's Instagram feed this past weekend, this time with a Happy birthday ❤️ message. The puppy David is holding is adorable! Can't help noticing his left hand, 4th finger.

valenc

Sandra Bezic tweeted a cryptic allusion to Katie and David, complete with♥️ emoji , right after the July weekend when Katia also had tagged "LaurelsonWhyte" (florist in Edmonton) on an Instagram picture of a bouquet.

David's picture is on Katia's Instagram feed this past weekend, this time with a Happy birthday ❤️ message. The puppy David is holding is adorable! Can't help noticing his left hand, 4th finger.

Well, if you look at the comments in this Instagram post https://www.instagram.com/p/CDElgtugY95/?igshid=x78pg4w2m209 from that same July weekend, you’ll see that Katia more or less confirms it with her reply to @tanya_nettles.

I fell in love with G&G many, many, many moons ago so it will always be Katia and Sergei and their skating to me, but I hope (and it looks that way) that she and David are happy together.

ribbon

Katia also has ring on her ring finger in the latest ski photos with Liza. That dog is absolutely adorable! I’m very happy for them, I’ve followed both of their skating careers for years and have enjoyed so many moments. It’s nice that they have found happiness with each other.

bardtoob

I fell in love with G&G many, many, many moons ago so it will always be Katia and Sergei and their skating to me, but I hope (and it looks that way) that she and David are happy together.
I continue to also admire their historical performances. However . . .

. . . it must be hard on Katia because people continue to want her to be the person she was 25 years ago, half of an iconic romantic couple on ice, when the reason she is not is because the other half tragically died A QUARTER OF A CENTURY AGO. To her, before she figured out how to move on, it must have seemed like the world was treating her like she also died, which probably was extra difficult for her because she started skating with Sergei when she was 11 years old and so basically went entirely through adolescences and into adulthood, including having a child, with him as some sort of formal partner.

Today, she is a whole living, breathing self. She is probably like everybody else in her generation. She has had to adjust to a world that is utterly different than when she was a child, when she was an adolescent, and when she was a young adult.

• People used to marry for life but now people divorce when they are unhappy.
  • Vanity and greed were sins but now you can make more money taking pictures of yourself at 18 years old on Instagram than getting a doctorate and being an established professional at age 40.
  • Computers and long distance communication used to be expensive, but now for a few hundred dollars you can have access to more computing and communications power than used to land on the moon with more portability than the magic mirror in Snow White.

I personally choose to see her as she is in the present, which is pretty much how I view everything in life because in a blink of an eye it is very easy to be stuck in the past these days.

valenc

. . . it must be hard on Katia because people continue to want her to be the person she was 25 years ago, half of an iconic romantic couple on ice, when the reason she is not is because the other half tragically died A QUARTER OF A CENTURY AGO. To her, before she figured out how to move on, it must have seemed like the world was treating her like she also died, which probably was extra difficult for her because she started skating with Sergei when she was 11 years old and so basically went entirely through adolescences and into adulthood, including having a child, with him as some sort of formal partner.

Today, she is a whole living, breathing self. She is probably like everybody else in her generation. She has had to adjust to a world that is utterly different than when she was a child, when she was an adolescent, and when she was a young adult.

• People used to marry for life but now people divorce when they are unhappy.
  • Vanity and greed were sins but now you can make more money taking pictures of yourself at 18 years old on Instagram than getting a doctorate and being an established profession at age 40.
  • Computers and long distance communication used to be expensive, but now for a few hundred dollars you can have access to more computing and communications power than used to land on the moon with more portability than the magic mirror in Snow White.

I personally choose to see her as she is in the present, which is pretty much how I view everything in life because in a blink of an eye it is very easy to be stuck in the past.
Sorry, I didn’t choose my words well. That is how I feel too, @bardtoob. You said them better than me. I get nostalgic for the past (especially when a meaningful anniversary marks the passage of time) but I don’t expect anyone to be as they were 25 years ago. People are far, far more interesting than that 😄

Sylvia

TBD

. . . it must be hard on Katia because people continue to want her to be the person she was 25 years ago, half of an iconic romantic couple on ice, when the reason she is not is because the other half tragically died A QUARTER OF A CENTURY AGO.
Some people may appear to "want her to be the person she was 25 years ago" but not all (not me). For those who still would like to reminisce about "G&G": https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/november-20th-25-years-later.107804/
I personally choose to see her as she is in the present, which is pretty much how I view everything in life because in a blink of an eye it is very easy to be stuck in the past these days.
Agreed! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information