Katia Gordeeva remarried??

canbelto

Because I’m nosy and even more so when I’m drunk I headed over to IG as well. Wow David has turned out great and his son looks just like Jamie. I do miss me some David.

Added later: Omg Katias Daughter has grown up and looks just like her. If I recall correctly her name is Daria, correct?

Omg. And the daughter has a bloody Mary in front of her? How old are all of we? Have I been drunk this long?
She has two daughters. The older one is Daria, the younger one is Liza and looks like a spitting image of Ilia Kulik. Daria and Liza are gorgeous.

Daria actually had some rough years growing up. I remember when she unfortunately put WAY too much out there on social media (including some pix where she appeared to be with some drug paraphernalia) and the Sergei widows were mommy-shaming/slut-shaming Katia because they "knew" that it was her slutty ways that caused Daria to act out. Turns out it was just growing pains and she appears to be a lovely young woman. But uh yeah, she was born in September 1992 which means she's 28 now. And Liza is 19.

Time flies!

Also speaking of Sergei widows remember Renee?

VGThuy

I’ve only heard of the Sergei widows through stories and yikes. It’s like I woman was good enough for handsome, pure St. Sergei, except for them obviously. Obviously, they would have been the perfect wives for him.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
bloody Mary in front

I’m drunk

sink my claws into Paul Poirier then scooch over to Nikita K.

How old are all of we?

dabble with Zach D, then a nightcap with Matteo Guarise and wake up to Han Yan....

Have I been drunk this long?

Whilst I generally denounce promiscuity,drinking to excess, and orgies, I admit this was quite an entertaining journey.

-BB

Amy L

I’ve only heard of the Sergei widows through stories and yikes. It’s like I woman was good enough for handsome, pure St. Sergei, except for them obviously. Obviously, they would have been the perfect wives for him.

I'm sure he would have been thrilled with the very worst examples of hypocritical Bible thumping that's ever existed. :scream:

Desperado

In 2015, Katia put together a skating show in memory of Sergei. It wasn’t shown on TV, but I saw snippets of it on YouTube. She skated a pair number with David then. I thought they skated very well together (she always shines more with a partner), but didn’t see anything more to it. In hindsight, I was pretty clueless. :lol:

The video is not great, but you see enough:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Katia apparently didn’t care about anyone but herself. She ruined a lot of relationships. Sonia had to fly down while they were on tour and gave Kurt an ultimatum.

Wasn't that when he also took a year off the SOI tour, a rather unusual move when it was at its height, as was his professional career?

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Wasn't that when he also took a year off the SOI tour, a rather unusual move when it was at its height, as was his professional career?
I think that was more to do with his mom who had cancer at the time. I could be wrong. He also took time off when his first kid was born.

Kecasyl

Because I’m nosy and even more so when I’m drunk I headed over to IG as well. Wow David has turned out great and his son looks just like Jamie. I do miss me some David.

Added later: Omg Katias Daughter has grown up and looks just like her. If I recall correctly her name is Daria, correct?

Omg. And the daughter has a bloody Mary in front of her? How old are all of we? Have I been drunk this long?
The oldest, Daria is an almost spitting image of her father, Sergei. Liza looks like Ilia.

Amy L

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Depending on the angle of the photo, sometimes I see more of Katia in Daria, and others, I see Sergei--particularly when she is smiling or laughing.

Yep, the point I was making that there was one IG photo in her account where I could NOT tell if I was looking at Daria or Katia as the person (I assumed it was Daria) from this angle looked soooo much like Katia. Thats why I brought it up.

Generally, yes, I do think that the kids resemble their Dads more than their mama.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

aliceanne

That went over your head apparently. I was pointing out to the other person that Daria doesn't look like Katia like they mentioned, she looks like Sergei. And TBH, they each look like their respective father and not their mother.

I always thought Sergei and Katia looked like brother/sister when they were competing, it wouldn’t be hard for their child to strongly resemble both.

soogar

Hmm Daria looking a bit like a wreck.... body looks good though.

In terms of Katia and alleged affairs, it could be that Kurt made his rounds with the ladies because I think at one point he was rumored to have dated Tara Lipinski as well. I sure wouldn't blame Katia for dating Kurt if she had, he's the one with the marriage.

As for the Sergei widows, while he was attractive and died young, he wasn't really a perfect person either. From her book, he seemed kind of simple and not so bright, typical sheltered athlete. He had this beloved puppy whom he always would cut up and feed fresh meat to, yet somehow he neglected to give the pup shots and the puppy died. I'm paraphrasing from the book. It's been years but I always remember that piece and have the impression that he was kind of a dope. He also had a hard time with the English language, and while that is no indication of intelligence, she had always seemed to be the more mature and capable of the two. I'm sure if he hadn't died, they may have divorced eventually as well, because it is hard being the "head" in a relationship.

I like the Katia David combination and if they are together, I hope it works out.

canbelto

Hmm Daria looking a bit like a wreck.... body looks good though.

In terms of Katia and alleged affairs, it could be that Kurt made his rounds with the ladies because I think at one point he was rumored to have dated Tara Lipinski as well. I sure wouldn't blame Katia for dating Kurt if she had, he's the one with the marriage.

As for the Sergei widows, while he was attractive and died young, he wasn't really a perfect person either. From her book, he seemed kind of simple and not so bright, typical sheltered athlete. He had this beloved puppy whom he always would cut up and feed fresh meat to, yet somehow he neglected to give the pup shots and the puppy died. I'm paraphrasing from the book. It's been years but I always remember that piece and have the impression that he was kind of a dope. He also had a hard time with the English language, and while that is no indication of intelligence, she had always seemed to be the more mature and capable of the two. I'm sure if he hadn't died, they may have divorced eventually as well, because it is hard being the "head" in a relationship.

I like the Katia David combination and if they are together, I hope it works out.

Skating pairs who got married have a poor track record of staying married. Klimova and Ponomarenko stayed married but most have not. Not saying that would have happened to Katia and Sergei but it's hard to say if they would have lived happily ever after.

meggonzo

Banned Member
Skating pairs who got married have a poor track record of staying married. Klimova and Ponomarenko stayed married but most have not. Not saying that would have happened to Katia and Sergei but it's hard to say if they would have lived happily ever after.
There are a few threads here on the Klimova/Ponomarenko marriage. :shuffle:

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs

The man has been dead almost 25 years. It feels a bit disrespectul/inappropriate to speculate on what might have been if he hadn't died. He and Katia did seem happy, and when Katia does talk about him, she still seems to miss him terribly.

I'm not sure if the track record for skaters is in reality any worse than it is for the general population. I think the messy divorces just get more attention than the couples who are still together and marriages between teams that were not top-ranked often go overlooked. Just off the top of my head, and these are only couples whom I remember being married to begin with and who competed internationally, there are quite a few notable teams who are still married after 20+ years. Meno and Sand, Rahkamo and Kokko, and Shishkova and Naumov have all been married 25 years. Punsalan and Swallow for 27 years. Drobiazko and Vanagas and the Siudeks have both been married for 20. There is another group that hasn't reached 20+ years yet, but who have also been together a long time: Dubreil/Lauzon, Petrova/Tikhonov, Shen/Zhao, Gregory/Petukhov, Wing/Lowe, and Langlois/Hay.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Marriages are tough, and I do believe G&G would have still been married today. They have a love story that’s enviable. Maybe she found it with David, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information