Kévin Aymoz fan thread

ldec

Congratulations to Kevin on yet another wonderful performance, and best of luck at Euros & Worlds.

It takes a truly special skater to perform to these sappy mellow ballads and make it work but he skates with such sass, energy and fluidity that you can't take your eyes off him. Looking forward to seeing him again!

ldec

Congratulations to Kevin on yet another wonderful performance, and best of luck at Euros & Worlds.

It takes a truly special skater to perform to these sappy mellow ballads and make it work but he skates with such sass, energy and fluidity that you can't take your eyes off him. Looking forward to seeing him again!

Just wanted to add to my comment that it was not only the artistry/presentation that was impressive but the overall quality of the skating was fab - the jumps, spins, SS, footwork. If we make a silly comparison to the girls, then Chen & Hanyu can be compared to Trusova/Scherbakova, while Kevin will be the male Kostornaia.

antmanb

Fingers crossed, but it's a men's event, so anything can happen.

Kevin has a lower BV than the major Russian men who'll presumably be competing there, so in that sense he's at a disadvantage, but as we saw at the Final, it's all about what you deliver.

That was exactly what ran through my mind at the GPF. There may be more and more skaters attempting the harder quads in their programmes (which they have to do if they want to even be close to Chen and Hanyu), but they're such wing and a prayer elements for most of the guys that including an easier quad and going clean with skills like Kevin really could remind the skaters that clean and high quality can get you further. That Aymoz was as close to Hanyu as he was after the SP goes to show that it can work in your favour.

Finnice

When seen live, as I did in GPF, his presence on the ice is so captivating. Never mind the quads, for me he was the highlight of the men in GPF.

bcash

Good attempt at the 4S. He looked well trained and this messy camera work somehow amplified certain moments and composition of the program that I didn’t quite see at GPF. Slightly behind music but still very lovely.

nimi

I know I'm late to the party but congrats Kévin Aymoz the 3-time French champ!

Also, I haven't watched the ice dance event yet but I saw on twitter that Kévin has replaced Guillaume. Interesting development! Looking forward to seeing how the new French #1 team Papadakis/Aymoz can make that unorthodox height difference work for them! #Kévin4GoldBothInSinglesAndDance :D

nimi

I posted Kévin's post-SP quotes in the French thread. He said that he doesn't know what happened. :(

I really want to stress eat now but I only have healthy stuff in my fridge & cupboard so I'm just kinda sitting here feeling sad and confused :fragile:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I wondered the same thing. He is clearly very close to his coaches so probably would not admit if that was the case.
I wonder if the French fed are happy for their skaters to go on training there with all the (rightfully) negative attention to the coaches.
Either way, extremely sad day for Kevin, he surely will still be sent to Worlds, it isn’t like Adam performed much better, it may have been awkward if he had gone clean and placed high.

bcash

I somehow feared unevenness from him at Euros but didn’t expect that he didn’t recover from the first fall. Everybody made mistakes before him so I don’t know if or why he let that first fall affect him.

Sylvia

TBD
Kevin also posted his message on his Instagram (with a few photos from the TV program): https://www.instagram.com/p/CQVjJDdJg5i/

ETA:

Machine translated excerpt:

In the documentary, we also find the skater Kévin Aymoz. The four-time champion of France and Canal + shot part of the show at the Pole Sud ice rink in Grenoble.

"I would like to go back in time and meet little Kévin in his room crying, reveals the Grenoblois in the documentary. I would like to reassure him and tell him that we are going to talk about his homosexuality on TV and that it will be the main topic. I'm already doing it for him. "

He goes on to add: "I'm afraid I'll be equated to just that. That Aymoz is the gay figure skater. I'm just freeing the floor. I don't just want to be a spokesperson. this side."

At the end of the documentary, the skater felt relieved. "I just want to hit my hand and say yes you did!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information