Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugs

It's possible to see flaws in someone, but still want to point out that unless you have personal daily interactions that making assumptions of how Mommy someone is or how affectionate someone is or how happy someone is, your assumptions are not fact based.

I'm not high profiled person, I'm not tabloid material but I have experienced people making assumptions about mommy skills, relationships, happiness by people who do not know me.

Pointing out the possibility of assumptions based on really nothing, doesn't make one a M/H deity lover.
But you have also not had personal daily interactions with H&M, so your defensive posts are assumptions, as well. You're assuming, while at the same time, calling others out for assuming.

Admit it - those who think Meghan is not long term wife material or a hands on moms- it's not that you are clairvoyant, it's that you have a hatred for her.

Again, you are assuming because one has the impression that MM doesn't change diapers that one hates MM. You've also made the assumption that because one believes she doesn't change diapers that she's not a hands on mom. I have no idea whether or not MM is a hands on mom (unlike you, apparently). It is just my impression that she doesn't change the dirty diapers - that is all. None of that means I hate MM.

Since none of us personally know H&M, assuming is what all of us are doing. If is it okay for you to assume, then it is okay for others to assume, even if the assumptions vary.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I dont believe I assumed that Meghan must be changing diapers or that she is happy or whatever, im saying unless we have intimate knowledge we simply do not know.

Yes, I am judgemental of those who can tell just by looking at someone in a newspaper or social media site that she does not change diapers or whatever else people have been implying.

We just do not know, unless you have witnessed it.
/shrug

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
On a more ordinary level, both People magazine and In Touch magazine have photos of H&M at the NAACP awards, and Harry has a considerably fuller head of hair in the People magazine photo.

The pictures are taken from the same angle and have the same lighting, so it can't be because of something about the way the photo was taken. If his hair is as sparse on top as it looks in the one photo, it would be difficult if not impossible to shoot it to look as thick as it does in the other photo.

Now I'm wondering why People touched up their photo.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I don't have kids but I did diaper my little brothers & my sisters' kids. It's different when it's babies you love. When they got a little older (over 5 or 6 months) it was not such a pleasure but when they were tiny they were so sweet that it wasn't a chore. (I didn't feel the same way about the kids I babysat. :lol:) I can't imagine any parent who wanted to miss that stage of their babies' lives. H&M don't strike me at being that cold. YMMV

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I don't get why people would want them to get divorced. Like ... why? They have two small children.
No one is rooting for a divorce, but there's been rumours they're unhappy. It could be nothing or it could be something. No one really knows what's happening.

ballettmaus

No one is rooting for a divorce, but there's been rumours they're unhappy. It could be nothing or it could be something. No one really knows what's happening.
I think every celebrity is rumored to get divorced multiple times throughout their life. Often times, it's at the same time the wife is also rumored to be pregnant.

Lemonade20

I think every celebrity is rumored to get divorced multiple times throughout their life. Often times, it's at the same time the wife is also rumored to be pregnant.
No marriage is perfect, granted. I kind of expected Kim & Kayne's marriage to implode (different personalities, different beliefs), but never saw this happening after.

Lemonade20

I do hope Harry changes his mind and decides to pop over and visit the Queen during his Netherlands trip. She seems to be getting more and more frail.
Exactly, he needs to set aside all of his issues and show up. I'd like to see him make amends with everyone but still remain a private citizen (no royal duties). Family can't be replaced, sorry Meghan!

ballettmaus

Exactly, he needs to set aside all of his issues and show up. I'd like to see him make amends with everyone but still remain a private citizen (no royal duties). Family can't be replaced, sorry Meghan!
Meghan is his family. She is actually the family he chose. The others may be blood relatives but that doesn't mean they're friends or Harry's in any way obligated to like them or meet them or stay in contact with them.
Yes, it's sad that the family seems to have drifted apart but what matters is that he's at peace with it.

Barbara Manatee

To be clear, I'm not suggesting Harry should apologize for anything that's happened the last few years or go to any events where he feels unsafe or unwelcome. Just hoping he takes what might be his last chance to hug the grandmother he still loves enough to name his daughter after. I can't help but think they'd both regret it very much if he doesn't.

Mugs

I can't believe a certain poster with only 12 messages to their name (8 of which are in this very thread) would bother to join a figure skating board to come and bitch about Harry and Meghan.

Is there some rule that says new commenters aren't allowed to post on long-standing threads? I've been on Figure Skating Universe since it was Figure Skating World way, way, way back in the day. Just because I can't devote time each day for comments doesn't mean I won't comment when I have a few minutes. And just because I've only made a few comments doesn't mean they are any less valid, even if they differ from your opinions.

I feel so honored that an elite member of FSU would step down off their high throne of superiority and personally reach out to the soiled philistine, welcoming me to this thread about Harry and Meghan. Most of you claim to be adults but your actions are those of bitchy middle school girls.

Last edited:

antmanb

Is there some rule that says new commenters aren't allowed to post on long-standing threads? I've been on Figure Skating Universe since it was Figure Skating World way, way, way back in the day. Just because I can't devote time each day for comments doesn't mean I won't comment when I have a few minutes. And just because I've only made a few comments doesn't mean they are any less valid, even if they differ from your opinions.
FSU and FSW were never the same board as far as I'm aware, but I wouldn't know as I joined FSU in 2008/2009 ish. If you've been posting on here since the beginning then this is clearly a pseud account since it was only created in 2019 and it took you until this year to actually post something.

I feel so honored that an elite member of FSU would step down off their high throne of superiority and personally reach out to the soiled philistine, welcoming me to this thread about Harry and Meghan. Most of you claim to be adults but your actions are those of bitchy middle school girls.
I was merely pointing out that this particular pseud account of yours has only a handful of posts the majority of which have been in this thread and i found that suspicious. But if you want to talk about bitchy middle school girls - gleefully anticipating Harry and Meghan's divorce fits that description far better than my post which said i couldn't believe someone would join a figure skating board just to complain about Harry and Meghan, but now i guess i should amend that to I can't believe someone would create a pseud to do that.

ballettmaus

If Harry goes to UK to hug his grandmother the threat is still real. His death threats don't go away if Meghan isn't with him. No matter what others think he should do, he needs to do what he thinks he should do.
To be fair, from what I've read, whether he gets police protection is decided on a case by case basis. So, he could get protection if he visits the Queen. The question is, would he be protected if he decided to venture out and if not, would he be okay with that?
There also seems to have been a communication issue with regards to his change of protection status, so the question also is, would he be told in advance?

twilla

FSU and FSW were never the same board as far as I'm aware, but I wouldn't know as I joined FSU in 2008/2009 ish. If you've been posting on here since the beginning then this is clearly a pseud account since it was only created in 2019 and it took you until this year to actually post something.

I was merely pointing out that this particular pseud account of yours has only a handful of posts the majority of which have been in this thread and i found that suspicious. But if you want to talk about bitchy middle school girls - gleefully anticipating Harry and Meghan's divorce fits that description far better than my post which said i couldn't believe someone would join a figure skating board just to complain about Harry and Meghan, but now i guess i should amend that to I can't believe someone would create a pseud to do that.

I did not create a pseudonym account to complain about H&M. I joined FSU in November 2003 as "twilla". I forgot my original login and password and couldn't find the info so I created Mugs in 2019. And I use Mugs now because that login is associated with an email account I currently use. I didn't know I would be judged by other users based on when I joined FSU or the number of posts made but whatever. I will discuss with the Board Admins to see if I can deactivate the new Mugs account and then change the name from twilla to Mugs on my original account from 2003. I do hope this meets with your approval but somehow I doubt it will.

I must have remembered the circumstances incorrectly about FSW and FSU. I do remember FSW got completely out of hand and the guy (can't remember his name - Adrian maybe?) who was an administrator or moderator would ban people for breathing. FSW imploded and FSU came into existence not long after. Maybe some of the old FSW posters/moderators created FSU? Anyway, that is my recollection but I just cannot remember all the details. I'm sure there is a sharp-minded former FSW'er who can fill in some of that history.

So you've now inferred that I am gleefully anticipating H&M's divorce. Up thread I clearly stated that I thought a divorce would be a terrible thing, especially with children involved. There were posts noting that there are rumors floating about H&M, an unhappy marriage and possible divorce, and then general discussion. I don't think anyone was gleefully anticipating a divorce and if they were, then you're right, that would be bitchy and downright awful. I think Harry is strongly invested in the success of his marriage; very much like Diana. It's interesting because Diana thought her parents divorce ruined her childhood (I'm sure the feelings of abandonment were dreadful for her) and she vowed not to repeat the same mistake. Ironically, staying in an unhappy marriage with Charles ruined the childhoods of William and Harry. And now William and Harry have their own version of "I will not repeat the mistakes of my parents" to bear. It's not the mistake but the results that keep recycling for each generation. May they both break the cycle and have long, happy marriages.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
We don't know how his relationship with the Queen is. We don't know what his relationship is with his blood family.

They may have wanted him to choose between the Royal family and his chosen family (Meghan and the children). We can assume/guess that whatever happened he chose Meghan and the children since he is currently with his chosen family.

I can only say that I have a son who was hurt so badly by words said to him by his grandfather (his grandfather in a fit of anger and trying to bend my son to his rules told him he was disowned and some other very nasty things), son never saw or talked to his grandfather again. Words and actions have consequences.

We do not know what happened and I for one, would not say he needs to show up. Because we don't know what happened.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I did not create a pseudonym account to complain about H&M. I joined FSU in November 2003 as "twilla". I forgot my original login and password and couldn't find the info so I created Mugs in 2019. And I use Mugs now because that login is associated with an email account I currently use. I didn't know I would be judged by other users based on when I joined FSU or the number of posts made but whatever. I will discuss with the Board Admins to see if I can deactivate the new Mugs account and then change the name from twilla to Mugs on my original account from 2003. I do hope this meets with your approval but somehow I doubt it will.

I must have remembered the circumstances incorrectly about FSW and FSU. I do remember FSW got completely out of hand and the guy (can't remember his name - Adrian maybe?) who was an administrator or moderator would ban people for breathing. FSW imploded and FSU came into existence not long after. Maybe some of the old FSW posters/moderators created FSU? Anyway, that is my recollection but I just cannot remember all the details. I'm sure there is a sharp-minded former FSW'er who can fill in some of that history.

So you've now inferred that I am gleefully anticipating H&M's divorce. Up thread I clearly stated that I thought a divorce would be a terrible thing, especially with children involved. There were posts noting that there are rumors floating about H&M, an unhappy marriage and possible divorce, and then general discussion. I don't think anyone was gleefully anticipating a divorce and if they were, then you're right, that would be bitchy and downright awful. I think Harry is strongly invested in the success of his marriage; very much like Diana. It's interesting because Diana thought her parents divorce ruined her childhood (I'm sure the feelings of abandonment were dreadful for her) and she vowed not to repeat the same mistake. Ironically, staying in an unhappy marriage with Charles ruined the childhoods of William and Harry. And now William and Harry have their own version of "I will not repeat the mistakes of my parents" to bear. It's not the mistake but the results that keep recycling for each generation. May they both break the cycle and have long, happy marriages.

FSU existed and was thriving long before FSW and Adrian imploded. A lot of FSW refugees may have just discovered it then when their regular joint imploded but I recall the migration all too well.

Anyway back to Harry and Meghan 🤷‍♀️

twilla

We don't know how his relationship with the Queen is. We don't know what his relationship is with his blood family.

They may have wanted him to choose between the Royal family and his chosen family (Meghan and the children). We can assume/guess that whatever happened he chose Meghan and the children since he is currently with his chosen family.

I can only say that I have a son who was hurt so badly by words said to him by his grandfather (his grandfather in a fit of anger and trying to bend my son to his rules told him he was disowned and some other very nasty things), son never saw or talked to his grandfather again. Words and actions have consequences.

We do not know what happened and I for one, would not say he needs to show up. Because we don't know what happened.

I am saddened that your son had the negative experience with his grandfather that you described. I'm sure that put you in a terrible position as well, between your son and father (or father-in-law). Family has a unique way of either supporting and helping each other or hurting each other. And you couldn't be more correct that words and actions have consequences. I've experienced a similar type of situation with my sister, with terrible consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information