Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorac

I'm about to go on a rant. I'm tired of the bridezilla culture. A wedding is now HER day and bridezilla behavior is tolerated or encouraged.

No. The wedding is a celebration of you, your husband, family, friends. It's not a day where you get to be a dictator.

Rpyal weddings even more so -- they're usually extravagant and for public consumption. If I had a wedding and someone announced she was pregnant I'd be like "Cool. Congratulations." That's as much thought as I'd put into it.

Rant away - but I don't agree that Eugenie was being a bridezilla or a dictator and I'm surprised you seem to think she was!! I just think a wedding is a celebration of the bride and groom and they should be the centre of attention for that one day and members of your family should not be announcing anything that could have waited one more day to announce!! It's just downright selfish IMO.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I just think a wedding is a celebration of the bride and groom and they should be the centre of attention for that one day and members of your family should not be announcing anything that could have waited one more day to announce!! It's just downright selfish IMO.
Never go to a traditional Indian wedding, or you will be sorely disappointed.

canbelto

Rant away - but I don't agree that Eugenie was being a bridezilla or a dictator and I'm surprised you seem to think she was!! I just think a wedding is a celebration of the bride and groom and they should be the centre of attention for that one day and members of your family should not be announcing anything that could have waited one more day to announce!! It's just downright selfish IMO.

I feel like if this story is STILL being circulated then it's her who's circulating it. And that means that yes, she's still stewing about it.

Lorac

I feel like if this story is STILL being circulated then it's her who's circulating it. And that means that yes, she's still stewing about it.

The story is being circulated because Finding Freedom brought it up - which has just been released!! And the reports I've read state the Eugenie was upset 'at the time' of her wedding!!!

canbelto

The story is being circulated because Finding Freedom brought it up - which has just been released!! And the reports I've read state the Eugenie was upset 'at the time' of her wedding!!!

It was circulated a lot at the time of her wedding and afterwards. Which meant she circulated it. As I said, this is the sort of thing to get mad about for a few minutes. The royals need more to do.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I have actually and it was amazing - but I remember the bride and groom were the centre of attention throughout!!
And I've attended multiple Indian wedding receptions in India where the bride and groom were seated on chairs on a slightly raised platform, while most of the wedding guests spent time paying homage to the couple's parents. I stayed glommed to my co-workers, so that I didn't commit a series of faux pas, like paying too much attention to the married couple.

Or did I miss the part where Harry and Meghan announced her pregnancy during the wedding ceremony itself?

Lorac

It was circulated a lot at the time of her wedding and afterwards. Which meant she circulated it. As I said, this is the sort of thing to get mad about for a few minutes. The royals need more to do.

I very much doubt it was Eugenie that circulated it - more likely her Father - and she certainly isn't the one bringing it up now - FF has done that. But you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about her - and other royals - so I see trying to discuss this with you isn't going to go anywhere!!

Lorac

And I've attended multiple Indian wedding receptions in India where the bride and groom were seated on chairs on a slightly raised platform, while most of the wedding guests spent time paying homage to the couple's parents. I stayed glommed to my co-workers, so that I didn't commit a series of faux pas, like paying too much attention to the married couple.

Or did I miss the part where Harry and Meghan announced her pregnancy during the wedding ceremony itself?

There has been some speculation about the fact they may well have actually told people in the chapel whilst waiting for the bride to arrive. But as I say that was just speculation.

And paying homage to the bride and grooms parents is way different to announcing a pregnancy during someone else's wedding - IMO.

Vagabond

Etiquette dictates not taking the focus of the occasion away from the bride and groom.

www.rd.com/list/wedding-etiquette/

The idea of a guest making a huge announcement at someone else’s nuptials seems like such a breach of wedding etiquette that it’s become meme-worthy. Yet it still certainly couldn’t hurt to have another reminder: You really shouldn’t propose, announce you’re engaged, announce you’re pregnant, or make any other big life announcement at someone else’s wedding. It’s just plain discourteous to the couple—everyone is there to celebrate them, not anyone else. “This is their special day, so, even if you think they’d say yes, don’t steal their thunder!” says Joanne Archer of Expert Home Tips.

(This is an American source, but I would be shocked if British sources disagreed.)

Unless Eugenie and her husband gave her cousins permission to make the big announcement, I can't blame her for still being steamed.

becca

And they said that for example Sarah was unhappy very much. I mean for one day it’s about her daughter and not Diana’s kids and somehow it becomes about Diana’s kid again.

I just think given the family dynamics and given how Harry and Meghan reports seem to be they don’t like taking a back seat to Williams family it’s really unfair to do it to take the spotlight from someone else’s family like that.

For Eugenia it may not even be that she has to have all the attention it may just be the Principal of the matter.

canbelto

And they said that for example Sarah was unhappy very much. I mean for one day it’s about her daughter and not Diana’s kids and somehow it becomes about Diana’s kid again.

I just think given the family dynamics and given how Harry and Meghan reports seem to be they don’t like taking a back seat to Williams family it’s really unfair to do it to take the spotlight from someone else’s family like that.

For Eugenia it may not even be that she has to have all the attention it may just be the Principal of the matter.

It's principle.

becca

No a lot of people commented on it even before their are reports that She was upset

becca

This isn't even first world problems. This is like trust fund brat problems. I feel the same way about Meghan and the tiara. At the end of the day this is the sort of stuff only people who are completely out of touch with the real world care about.
Well yes and we don’t know she is still upset. Once again it’s more a pattern with Meghan that I think is the problem and it’s a really big problem because she wasn’t marrying the heir.

mjb52

I can tell you after reading a lifetime's worth of advice columns that THIS one thing is definitely the kind of thing people in the real world care about. I don't care where a bride is getting married or how much her wedding costs, from a backyard in a $100 dress to the royal chapel - it's the rare bride who wouldn't be pissed off if someone else announced their pregnancy at their wedding... or at least there's enough brides like that to keep advice columnists busy anyway. I like Harry and Megan, but they are just like anyone else... they screw up. They're only human.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
No a lot of people commented on it even before their are reports that She was upset

A lot of people saying it was wrong has zero to do with whether the bride and groom themselves thought it was wrong.

becca

A lot of people saying it was wrong has zero to do with whether the bride and groom themselves thought it was wrong.
The point is that that the behavior struck a lot of people as bad.

And I do think it’s especially bad in this situation given that Eugene and her sister have always taken a back seat to Harry and William always. And by all accounts Harry her were close. So there was no bad blood on her end that her cousins got more of the attention all of the Queens other grandkids seem to have been supportive for their more well known cousins.

So in the context of that situation I don’t think it’s wrong for Eugene to feel like Harry and Meghan got of let it be about her and Jack that one day. And it’s frankly churlish to not let have them have that one day. I don’t think in that context she’s wrong to be annoyed.

If I was in a situation where normally I got all the attention and for once the attention or something good was happening to someone else I would have no problem stepping aside for that other person.

and yes I do think people are human but I do think not wanting to step aside at all is kind of one of the main issues here. And being a supportive member of the royal family was maybe not what Meghan wanted.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The point is that that the behavior struck a lot of people as bad.
So what? You are claiming that the bride and groom were upset. Maybe they were, but that has nothing to do with other people's opinion of the situation.

becca

So what? You are claiming that the bride and groom were upset. Maybe they were, but that has nothing to do with other people's opinion of the situation.
No what i mainly saying is that Meghan and Harry don’t seem to be team players. The book reportedly even suggests that they didn’t like that their innatives to back seat to other members of the family. The example with Eugene is more a case in point it’s not an outlier.

it’s really the only thing I don’t like about them but no one is perfect

MacMadame

Doing all the things
And I do think it’s especially bad in this situation given that Eugene and her sister have always taken a back seat to Harry and William always.
I think this is very, very weird. William is going to be KING someday. Of course, he gets most of the attention. And, until very recently, Harry was 3rd in line right behind him.

If this is the sort of clap-trap that Eugenie and Beatrice are being fed by their parents, to basically have a chip on their shoulder about how much attention they get compared to someone else in the family who is closer to the throne than they are, it's no wonder there are lots of family tiffs about these sorts of things.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
No what i mainly saying is that Meghan and Harry don’t seem to be team players. The book reportedly even suggests that they didn’t like that their innatives to back seat to other members of the family. The example with Eugene is more a case in point it’s not an outlier.

it’s really the only thing I don’t like about them but no one is perfect

Please, I can read your posts and you have said several times that the bride and groom were upset. I believe the relevant expression here is, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

becca

I think this is very, very weird. William is going to be KING someday. Of course, he gets most of the attention. And, until very recently, Harry was 3rd in line right behind him.

If this is the sort of clap-trap that Eugenie and Beatrice are being fed by their parents, to basically have a chip on their shoulder about how much attention they get compared to someone else in the family who is closer to the throne than they are, it's no wonder there are lots of family tiffs about these sorts of things.
But who says they have a chip on their shoulder? I have never heard that they bear any resentment toward that sort of thing.

But given the fact that they have always accepted their place it appears to be with graciousness I dont think it’s wrong for the sisters to think maybe their cousins should let their wedding be about them? for once?

And the point it’s clear from reports that Meghan does feel snubbed about being lesser on the hierarchy than William and Kate.

Reports were on the last engagement Harry and Meghan were upset they weren’t included in a procession and Kate and William were. So Kate and William stepped back and didn’t join the procession.

so if you don’t like being overshadowed why aren’t you sensitive to not overshadowing someone else? Sorry typing quickly on my phone.

canbelto

As I said, serious lack of perspective and maturity from all the royals, and it doesn't reflect well on anyone.
It's also disturbing that Omid Scobie is a royal reporter whose job is to make the royals look good. If this is the PR they want to put out, that's a whole other conversation.

Husky

Maybe you already know this prank, you are so well informed but I just read it and it made me laugh. I wanted to share it:

"In March, it was revealed that Harry had two phone conversations with Russian pranksters posing as global environmental wunderkind Greta Thunberg. During the calls, which took place while the couple was still living in Canada, among the things which came up was a discussion of the fictional island of Changa-Changa and the royal promising to help 'Greta' free 50 penguins ostensibly stuck in Belarus and move them to the North Pole. (Belarus, as every good geography student would know, is landlocked. Nor do penguins live in the North Pole.) ...
Harry, like those mythical penguins, has lived his entire life in a certain sort of captivity, first the palace machine, then the army and then the palace again.

Having been released from that regal bondage, and without the help of the cadre of highly experienced private secretaries, aides and courtiers that went with it, does he have the street smarts to survive without finding himself committing to save fictional Belarusian penguins?"

The article is new and provides some interesting details such as internet fans who do a questionable job, supporting them.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
GMAFB. The knives are really out, aren't they becca & lemonade? I guess H&M peed in your cereal. All these posts sound so spiteful.

Lemonade20 said:
Exactly, Meghan was trying to be Diana 2.0 and it didn’t work in her favor.

The things that people attribute to Meghan is unbelievable. What "told" you Meghan was trying to be Diana2.0? It's like aftershocks is here. You & becca know what is in her mind & what Eugenia feels. At Eugenia's wedding Meghan was showing. At the time I thought maybe someone asked her if she was pregnant & she said yes. I doubt there was some big announcement. There were hundreds of people at her wedding. I'm sure the 50 or so around the couple had their attention on them. Who cares what conversation is going on at another table? Someone in this thread made the accusation that it's Meghan's MO to take the spotlight off someone who deserved it more. Specifics please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information