Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

airgelaal

The Royal Family never condemned Jeremy Clarkson's vile comments. I think they says a lot.

They reacted most correctly to everything related to the media performances of Meghan and Harry - they did not react at all.
Any reaction from the royal family would have resulted in a response from Meghan and Harry. And it will never stop. Which suits Meghan and Harry, of course. But the royal family wisely decided that sooner or later the public would get tired of the same stories, which means Meghan and Harry will have to look for something new.
They did what was best for the whole family. The members of my most ordinary family would not be thrilled if someone showed our family dirty laundry to the whole world.
Meghan and Harry have problems not only with the powerful royal family, but also with the ordinary Meghan family. How unlucky for the perfect Meghan and Harry to have such families.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
They reacted most correctly to everything related to the media performances of Meghan and Harry - they did not react at all.
Any reaction from the royal family would have resulted in a response from Meghan and Harry. And it will never stop. Which suits Meghan and Harry, of course. But the royal family wisely decided that sooner or later the public would get tired of the same stories, which means Meghan and Harry will have to look for something new.
They did what was best for the whole family. The members of my most ordinary family would not be thrilled if someone showed our family dirty laundry to the whole world.
Meghan and Harry have problems not only with the powerful royal family, but also with the ordinary Meghan family. How unlucky for the perfect Meghan and Harry to have such families.
The Brit media can say or do anything related to H&M & the RF will not react. It's true that they usually don't react publically but how is it that Andrew's sex crimes or William's & Charles' infidelities are viewed as less heinous than whatever H&M did? Can it be some white-washing behind the scenes took place? I think they could have shut down some of the systematic bullying that Diana & H&M suffered for years or at least tried. Instead they bullied thru their staff by "leaking" stuff that may or may not have ever happened. And now no one knows what to believe because the waters are so muddied & they will never admit some stories aren't true. It's funny that the story about Meghan making Kate cry came out of a private dress fitting. So when Meghan (who was the one with bridal nerves) had the audacity to say it was Kate who made her cry no one believed her.

airgelaal

It's funny that the story about Meghan making Kate cry came out of a private dress fitting. So when Meghan (who was the one with bridal nerves) had the audacity to say it was Kate who made her cry no one believed her.
So Megan couldn't make Katherine cry? The bride can't make anyone cry? Amazing logic.
I can also remind you that Louis was less than a month old at that time.
I don't know what really happened there, but I can easily believe in any version.

It seems that the tabloids write only about Meghan and Harry. Poor journalists, now they have no one to write about, because the "insiders" are silent. After all, only Omid Scobie can talk about other family members.

Last edited:

mattiecat13

The Royal Family never condemned Jeremy Clarkson's vile comments. I think they says a lot.
How do you know? Maybe the RF contacted The Sun behind the scenes and expressed their displeasure. But I don't blame them for not commenting publicly as they would have opened themselves up for more criticism from H/M, i.e., "Too little, too late," etc.

It's true that they usually don't react publically but how is it that Andrew's sex crimes or William's & Charles' infidelities are viewed as less heinous than whatever H&M did?
Charles' infidelities were over 25 years ago but he and Camilla were most certainly dragged over the coals by the tabloids back then. Andrew has either chosen or been forced to keep himself out of the public eye since the ill-advised BBC interview so not much new to write about. Same with William's "infidelities." Anyone in the know isn't talking so nothing to write about. Harry and Meghan keep feeding the beast.

Tesla

Whippet Good
They defended Camilla when she was linked to Clarkson. I'm sorry. Clarkson's comments were vile and should've been publicly denounced. Now, it definitely is too little and way too late.

puglover

So Megan couldn't make Katherine cry? The bride can't make anyone cry? Amazing logic.
I can also remind you that Louis was less than a month old at that time.
I don't know what really happened there, but I can easily believe in any version.

It seems that the tabloids write only about Meghan and Harry. Poor journalists, now they have no one to write about, because the "insiders" are silent. After all, only Omid Scobie can talk about other family members.
I thought this whole "who made who cry" was a blatant example of misogyny at its finest. Megan was within her rights to set the record straight as far as her role - I just wish she would have worded it more like - one of us recently gave birth, the other was planning her wedding - both on the world stage and under tremendous pressure to appear "perfect" in the eyes of the media - so "if" a few tears were shed, so what - stop trying to pit us against each other.

taf2002

Poor journalists, now they have no one to write about, because the "insiders" are silent. After all, only Omid Scobie can talk about other family members.
The "insiders" are never silent - they just speak thru their flunkies.

QEII didn't want Camilla to get the title that surprise surprise has been bestowed on her. I think that makes it clear who gets whitewashed & who doesn't. Sorry but time doesn't erase a blatant public affair of 2 married people, one being the heir to the throne. Or the recent one of the next heir.

Andrew is still receiving favoritism that has not been offered to Harry. Charles is now paying for his security. Security that was denied to Harry even though he was willing to pay himself. WTF? Both men are spares. I don't believe everything that comes out of H&M's mouths but this is wack & makes it clear how Charles feels about his own son. I guess Harry was never special enough to his father since he already had a healthy spare.

canbelto

QEII didn't want Camilla to get the title that surprise surprise has been bestowed on her. I think that makes it clear who gets whitewashed & who doesn't. Sorry but time doesn't erase a blatant public affair of 2 married people, one being the heir to the throne. Or the recent one of the next heir.
Time to brand Camilla with the scarlet A!

airgelaal

Andrew is still receiving favoritism that has not been offered to Harry. Charles is now paying for his security. Security that was denied to Harry even though he was willing to pay himself. WTF? Both men are spares. I don't believe everything that comes out of H&M's mouths but this is wack & makes it clear how Charles feels about his own son. I guess Harry was never special enough to his father since he already had a healthy spare.
After all the dirt that Harry pours on the family, does the father still owe Harry something?
Harry in his youth was such an angel that if his family did not love him, they would have really fed him to the wolves long ago. Nevertheless, the family justified him to the end as a poor boy whose mother died. The boy is already 40 years old, actually.

taf2002

After all the dirt that Harry pours on the family, does the father still owe Harry something?
After all the dirt that Andrew did, does Charles still owe Andrew something?

BTW sorry to everyone who thinks I'm being a prude. I must be a Boomer since I have some standards like don't cheat on your spouse. Pedophilia is ok though. :eek:

airgelaal

BTW sorry to everyone who thinks I'm being a prude. I must be a Boomer since I have some standards like don't cheat on your spouse. Pedophilia is ok though. :eek:
This topic is not about Andrew, but about Harry.
Excuse me, but these are arguments from kindergarten: if he can, then why can't I?
Harry is a grown man in his 40s who hates his family. Why is he asking his father to pay the bills? Such a bad father who betrayed his mother, who pays the bills of a pedophile, but is it okay for you to take money from him?

canbelto

It's not really standards but living in lala land if you think cheating on your spouse doesn't happen all the time and at a certain point people just have to move on.

skategal

Bunny mama

I’m starting to think anything goes in that family except for trying to leave.

What a mess and then they pretend that they have some God given right to be monarch.

Give me a break…

becca

The Brit media can say or do anything related to H&M & the RF will not react. It's true that they usually don't react publically but how is it that Andrew's sex crimes or William's & Charles' infidelities are viewed as less heinous than whatever H&M did? Can it be some white-washing behind the scenes took place? I think they could have shut down some of the systematic bullying that Diana & H&M suffered for years or at least tried. Instead they bullied thru their staff by "leaking" stuff that may or may not have ever happened. And now no one knows what to believe because the waters are so muddied & they will never admit some stories aren't true. It's funny that the story about Meghan making Kate cry came out of a private dress fitting. So when Meghan (who was the one with bridal nerves) had the audacity to say it was Kate who made her cry no one believed her.
Well in the new leaks apparently Harry wrote that Meghan said Kate had Baby brain to Kate.

She got reprimanded for it told she wasn’t close enough to Kate to say something like that and was upset about the reprimand.

So the Oprah interview certainly wasn’t the full picture.

And it was Meghans decision to decide to bring a family issue to the public

airgelaal

Harry: I want a family, not an institution. I want my father and brother back
Harry, are you a masochist? Such a toxic family, why do you need it? Harry, are you a masochist? Such a toxic family, why do you need it? You felt so bad here, you and your wife were offended, so why come back?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Why on earth has he revealed he killed 25 people in Afghanistan? :eek:

That‘s not going to help with his security!

My running theory is that Harry has been the main problem all along, not Meghan.

My guess is Harry shared this to counter old criticisms he got that he had a cushy position in Afghanistan and his ego just had to tell us how real his experience was with this information. A tale as old as monarchies, the insecurities and jealousies of the spare.

The irony of running away from a low crime island in Canada to the US over security fears for you children and then sharing this sort of info will be completely lost on him :wall:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Harry: I want a family, not an institution. I want my father and brother back
Harry, are you a masochist? Such a toxic family, why do you need it? Harry, are you a masochist? Such a toxic family, why do you need it? You felt so bad here, you and your wife were offended, so why come back?
There is a clip out there somewhere from one of the two upcoming interviews where he answers "yes" to the question of whether he still believes in a monarchy and "I don't know" if he sees a feature role for him in it.

IOW, he still wants to be a part of it and still believes in it. Which doesn't jibe with the narrative some people want to be true.

MLIS

I think Harry and Meghan are a pair of whinging narcissists who never met a grievance they couldn’t continue to nurse thirty minutes after they’re dead, but I also think the royal family is fundamentally to blame here. The history of royals, not just in the UK, is full of the question asked over and over and still not answered satisfactorily ... “What to do with the spare?” You need a spare at first, in case something happens to the heir, but you don’t need a spare forever so what happens next? In modern times it’s become even more tricky … sure, younger siblings have more options now, it isn’t just the priesthood or the military, as it used to be for second sons (there was always the option of armed rebellion against your older sibling, I suppose). But this idea that anyone should be expected to spend their life happily always coming second to their sibling, putting aside their own wants, interests, relationships, and existing only as “the backup” is crazy now. It happened in different ways with Margaret, Andrew, now Harry. Did anyone ever make an attempt to help Harry define himself as something other than “the other one”? This is the root of his problem, and fundamentally sets him up in an eternal competition and adversarial relationship with his brother. It seems like, for better or worse, Meghan was the first person in his life to say “wait a minute, this is crazy, why can’t you come first sometimes?” You can see why the family resented/feared/disliked her, from their perspective Harry was content to play his assigned role until she came along.

Their original plan, to make something of themselves in another country, where they could have more autonomy and focus on their own priorities and interests, had a lot of merit. I don’t blame them at all for wanting more control over their own lives. I think the example of Princess Madeleine of Sweden is a good one. She lives in Florida (last I heard) with her husband and children, does work for charities that interest her, and makes the occasional appearance back in Sweden for family events and special holidays. Her children don’t have titles (they are still princes and princesses, but have no titles to pass on to their own children) or official roles as members of the royal household, and are growing up as private citizens and beloved grandchildren of the king.

millyskate

I think Harry and Meghan are a pair of whinging narcissists who never met a grievance they couldn’t continue to nurse thirty minutes after they’re dead, but I also think the royal family is fundamentally to blame here. The history of royals, not just in the UK, is full of the question asked over and over and still not answered satisfactorily ... “What to do with the spare?” You need a spare at first, in case something happens to the heir, but you don’t need a spare forever so what happens next? In modern times it’s become even more tricky … sure, younger siblings have more options now, it isn’t just the priesthood or the military, as it used to be for second sons (there was always the option of armed rebellion against your older sibling, I suppose). But this idea that anyone should be expected to spend their life happily always coming second to their sibling, putting aside their own wants, interests, relationships, and existing only as “the backup” is crazy now. It happened in different ways with Margaret, Andrew, now Harry. Did anyone ever make an attempt to help Harry define himself as something other than “the other one”? This is the root of his problem, and fundamentally sets him up in an eternal competition and adversarial relationship with his brother. It seems like, for better or worse, Meghan was the first person in his life to say “wait a minute, this is crazy, why can’t you come first sometimes?” You can see why the family resented/feared/disliked her, from their perspective Harry was content to play his assigned role until she came along.

Their original plan, to make something of themselves in another country, where they could have more autonomy and focus on their own priorities and interests, had a lot of merit. I don’t blame them at all for wanting more control over their own lives. I think the example of Princess Madeleine of Sweden is a good one. She lives in Florida (last I heard) with her husband and children, does work for charities that interest her, and makes the occasional appearance back in Sweden for family events and special holidays. Her children don’t have titles (they are still princes and princesses, but have no titles to pass on to their own children) or official roles as members of the royal household, and are growing up as private citizens and beloved grandchildren of the king.
Yes. I'd say that to make matters worse, the Royal Family has had a tradition of indulging the every whim of the "spare" in a bid to overcompensate for the known awkwardness of their position - creating a repeated pattern of entitled behaviour across the generations.

airgelaal

Well in the new leaks apparently Harry wrote that Meghan said Kate had Baby brain to Kate.

She got reprimanded for it told she wasn’t close enough to Kate to say something like that and was upset about the reprimand.

So the Oprah interview certainly wasn’t the full picture.

And it was Meghans decision to decide to bring a family issue to the public
So the woman who recorded a podcast about the history of stereotypes that get leveled against women thinks it's okay to tell another woman who's just had a baby that she has "baby brain"?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Why on earth has he revealed he killed 25 people in Afghanistan? :eek:

That‘s not going to help with his security!
Well, it will certainly justify any demand he has for 24/7 security the next time he sets foot in the UK, right?

I've been following along some of today's leaks on another forum and really have to wonder what either Harry or Meghan were thinking in allowing some of it to get through the editing process. Just mind-boggling.

I might, though, buy the book, just to read it for myself.

becca

Yes. I'd say that to make matters worse, the Royal Family has had a tradition of indulging the every whim of the "spare" in a bid to overcompensate for the known awkwardness of their position - creating a repeated pattern of entitled behaviour across the generations.
Yes. Anne and Edward have turned out rather well though perhaps because they were further down the list both just accepted they weren’t the heir and moved on with their lives.

Perhaps for second children more treatment like their other siblings. And less take of spare.

He is heir the rest of you will have to find something else to do and we will use all our resources to find something you love.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
My last word on Harry and Meghan. Unless you've been the "not good enough for the son/family" and the "keeping the barbs, comments, behavior," under the radar of the family- you do not understand the insidious crap that underlies any and all interactions.

It's crap, it's shit, and rare anyone in or out of the family sees or witnesses it.

Not famous, not huge public interest I'm my life..but in a small measure - been there, done that, thankfully the inlaws can no longer do that to me as they are dead. But 48+ years was hell.

Bye to haters

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Harry is a grown man in his 40s who hates his family.
I don't see how we can know that. For one thing, if he hates them, why does he want to reconcile with them? Unless he comes out and says he does or doesn't hate them, we don't know what he's feeling about it.

ETA I'm a grown woman in my 60s and I still hate certain of my relatives (for what they did to my family). I don't see what his age has to do with it.

This sounds like what Harry and Meghan were trying to negotiate or something very similar. And seems pretty reasonable to me.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Oh boo hoo on being the spare. Is it really so bad? Once William started having kids, Harry was essentially off the hook. Being the heir means much, much more responsibility, more rules, and much more scrutiny about every aspect of your life, and it's only going to be more so now and as his father gets older and eventually dies. Not being the heir could have (and did, for awhile) brought Harry a lot more freedom - less obligations, more choices, more leeway.

He was doing great things with the Invictus Games and his charity work in Africa, but now instead of using his position and platform to further those causes and others, he's using it to whine about every little slight he's ever felt, and worse, he knows full well that there's only so much his brother and father can do to respond.

Meghan showed such promise at first, a breath of fresh air and all that, but also a mature woman who could have championed any number of causes - including racism, women's issues, all the things that are important to her. Harry's mother had massive influence with her actions - her charity work, the way she demonstrated compassion and humanity at a time when few in the Royal Family did. Meghan could have taken up that torch and used her connections, social media and other platforms to further important causes. (And don't tell me she would have been restricted in this - charity work is part of the job, encouraged, and with the time and title to really make a difference.)

Instead, they are feeding the very fire they blame for almost everything with a seemingly endless series of salacious tell-all interviews, books and tv specials that appeal to the lowest common denominator. Sure, Oprah and 60 Minutes are legit media - but the tabloids and haters will continue to cherry pick the juicy bits and twist and turn them into trash.

And all this while they continue to live a life of rarified privilege, a far cry from the harsh realities that millions are enduring around them every day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information