Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

airgelaal

I don't see how we can know that. For one thing, if he hates them, why does he want to reconcile with them? Unless he comes out and says he does or doesn't hate them, we don't know what he's feeling about it.

ETA I'm a grown woman in my 60s and I still hate certain of my relatives (for what they did to my family). I don't see what his age has to do with it.
Who cares about Harry without the royal family? Let's be honest, how can Harry make money? Will he go to work as a security guard in a supermarket? He himself admitted on the Oprah show that all his income is an inheritance from his mother and pocket money from his father. Age has to do with earning money. In my opinion, at the age of 40 it is a shame to complain that dad does not give money. Especially such a bad and toxic dad.

puglover

I never understood, and with each revelation I am more confused, why their original request was to continue for half of the time as working royals living in Great Britain, and spend the other half somewhere else pursing other interests. I believe the Queen and Charles and William wanted them to stay, just made it clear they had to be all in or out, and it was Harry and Megan who were upset by this. Allegedly a suicidal wife, close family members smearing you, and mostly her, to the media, nobody caring about your family's well-being, etc. - why not take the first exit, get Archewell really up and running and "lead the world with compassion". It is clearly the way of the future with these slimmed down working royals.

Succession in family owned businesses is tricky. In the royal family, at least it is predetermined, and Harry always knew the crown would go to William. It was not a merit decision made by his grandmother or father. Two of my SILs work for family businesses. I am quite sure my one SIL will be passed over for promotion when the time comes. SIL has worked there the longest of the grandchildren and he feels that should trump all but I very much doubt it will. He will be answering to his cousins which I know is going to crush him but is definitely the right decision for the business.

I find Megan much more interesting than Harry. I think she has some independent ventures now and I hope she keeps going in that direction. She is relatable to me.

I hate all this airing of personal family struggles and I especially hate the fact he knows those who he is making serious allegations against can't respond. I am not suggesting they should not be free to speak their truth but this feels too much like revenge.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Oh boo hoo on being the spare. Is it really so bad? Once William started having kids, Harry was essentially off the hook. Being the heir means much, much more responsibility, more rules, and much more scrutiny about every aspect of your life, and it's only going to be more so now and as his father gets older and eventually dies. Not being the heir could have (and did, for awhile) brought Harry a lot more freedom - less obligations, more choices, more leeway.
This article might explain the dynamics assuming the author is judging the situation as it is:

Let's be honest, how can Harry make money?
He's making money all the time now. :huh:

Or do you mean if he weren't a Royal? If he weren't a royal, he'd be working in some profession, I would think, since he served in the military and went to college.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Thanks for the link @MacMadame but I'm still not getting it. It's not like William was chosen to be heir by his family, he was born to it. And of course he's going to be treated differently; he has to be as he is prepared for his future role and as the family prepares to have him be their eventual leader.

From everything I've read or seen in the past, Diana loved both her kids, and when she died, they leaned on each other and were good friends, including after William got together with Kate, from the many smiling images of them together and the fact that they had a joint charitable organization. Sure they probably squabbled like many siblings do, but in my own apparently ridiculous fantasies, I saw a future for Harry as the King's most trusted advisor and confidante. I thought his bride, whoever she would be, would be part of a modern royal family that through her sons would continue to be influenced by Diana's kindness and humanity, and the Queen's legacy as a monarch.

The four of them together - William, Kate, Harry and Meghan - could have been such a powerful force for good in the world.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Thread continued here.

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/the-heir-the-spare-and-the-“baby-brain”-the-prince-harry-and-meghan-show-rumbles-on….110330/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information