Junior MITF Power Pulls

almondjoy

Hi! Just wondering with junior moves in the field for the power pull sequence would it be ok to start on a left back inside pull instead of a left back outside pull so I turn to the quick left outside rocker first instead of the quick left inside rocker first? I am really struggling with the quick left inside rocker as the first turn on the left foot and the move is better when I start from an inside edge and my first turn is the left outside rocker after the first set of pulls. I am still doing all the turns but starting with a different edge first. In the USFSA rulebook it says the pattern can start on either foot but it doesn't say anywhere I can or can't start on a inside edge rather than an outside edge. Would this be allowed?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Hi! Just wondering with junior moves in the field for the power pull sequence would it be ok to start on a left back inside pull instead of a left back outside pull so I turn to the quick left outside rocker first instead of the quick left inside rocker first? I am really struggling with the quick left inside rocker as the first turn on the left foot and the move is better when I start from an inside edge and my first turn is the left outside rocker after the first set of pulls. I am still doing all the turns but starting with a different edge first. In the USFSA rulebook it says the pattern can start on either foot but it doesn't say anywhere I can or can't start on a inside edge rather than an outside edge. Would this be allowed?

You should probably get a judge or an official to answer this for you, instead of random strangers on the Internet who might not know what they are talking about. Is there someone at your club who judges or officiates tests that you could ask?

ioana

The diagram seems to require a LBO edge to begin with from what I can see, so you're unfortunately stuck with that but it's possible I am missing something. I would definitely double check with a coach or judge, as everyone else already mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information