Joshua Farris: Medical update and his GoFundMe for specialized therapy & treatment

cgirl8

Local news segment in Colorado Springs that interviews Josh about everything he's gone through with this Traumatic Brain Injury. I have to say it's so nice to see and hear him again even if it's not on the ice.

Since they have raised so much money, he and his family are using all of the extra money raised from the GoFundMe to set up a foundation in Josh's name to help other's suffering with TBI and concussions.

http://www.krdo.com/news/local-figure-skater-brings-awareness-to-traumatic-brain-injury/683743822

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Local news segment in Colorado Springs that interviews Josh about everything he's gone through with this Traumatic Brain Injury. I have to say it's so nice to see and hear him again even if it's not on the ice.

Since they have raised so much money, he and his family are using all of the extra money raised from the GoFundMe to set up a foundation in Josh's name to help other's suffering with TBI and concussions.

http://www.krdo.com/news/local-figure-skater-brings-awareness-to-traumatic-brain-injury/683743822

I shouldn't have watched this at work. *sniffling discreetly in a corner*

ilovepaydays

Thanks for sharing. Great to hear from Josh even though his experience has been so difficult. I hope that he continues to recover. He looks overall well - I wonder if he's had other treatments that were covered by health insurance.

I apologize if this seems shallow, but I do like the facial hair. It's much better than the stubble that he has had.

wickedwitch

I'm happy for Josh he was able to help pay for this expense. It's a horrifying situation his health is so compromised.

But it makes me so sad for all the unnamed skaters who have these sorts of injuries and have left before they've become known. How many injured skaters are out there that we don't know about, who don't have help with these bills?
It appears Josh had the same thought.

misskarne

I apologize if this seems shallow, but I do like the facial hair. It's much better than the stubble that he has had.

*wobbly smile* Remember at SOI 2014 when he was only able to produce that scraggly thing on his chin? :lol:

When things were silent last year, when it started to look like things were going badly, my one hope the whole time was that he had not had to suffer returning to that dark place. It breaks my heart to learn that he had.

ilovepaydays

When things were silent last year, when it started to look like things were going badly, my one hope the whole time was that he had not had to suffer returning to that dark place. It breaks my heart to learn that he had.

It didn’t seem that he went to that dark place again last year - the impression I got from the news story was that the worst symptoms he and his mom described were from the pre-1st retirement time. It seems like he is mainly going through eye to brain issues now. I could be wrong, though.

At least it seems like he is in a generally positive place now. :)

misskarne

I think one of my most favourites will always be his SOI number, To Build A Home. I wish so much we'd got a professional recording of that number. It must exist because he was a full-time cast member on the 2014 tour - I wonder if it would be possible to somehow get it put up.

Oh, and while I was looking for that clip, I was reminded that Josh was also delightful in the group number that year, The Walker. His big bright smile and brought out of his shell on the ice.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
<sniffle> So rotten that he's going through this, but I'm so glad he has the funds to hopefully get back to normal AND is generous enough to give away the excess to others in the same position.

I remember the goofiness that he loosed in "The Walker." It was fun to see that side of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information