Japanese figure skating 2020-21 season news & updates

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
OK! @Kateri @Jeschke
@Sylvia you are the best as always.

You know what, I'm desperately wanting to do something related to real skating under this circumstance with the v*rus. :dog: :p
___

Seems Rika Kihira is now in Lambiel's camp. Maybe it's easier to get into Canada from Switzerland than from Japan to Canada? Dunno. Wish things go well for her.
@DenissVasiljevs, Koshiro Shimada, Alexia Paganini,@rika_kihira and others were following Peter Grütter’s master class on Skating Skills this morning! #Camp3S

This article says Kihira restarted her training in both Kansai area (around Osaka) and Okinawa from the end of May. Her original plan was to work with Lori Nichol for her new program but she's giving up the idea due to the pandem*c. She wishes to include 4S and 4T in her program by Beijin Olys.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Interview with Tomoe Kawabata (my rough translation)
Q: What do you want to work on at this camp?
A: In this camp expression-lessons are included unlike in my daily training. I want to learn how to use my arms and how to show expressions so that I can make good use of them in my programs.

Q: Anything affected by c0rona v*rus pandem*c?
A: It was the beginning of April when I had to leave the ice for self-quarantine, and it was in June I came back on the ice. Although under current situation the number of people on the ice at a time is limited in my home rink, I'm able to practice almost as much as the amount I used to do prior to the self-quarantine period.

Q: What about your training during the self-quarantine period?
A: My coach gave me a training menu for working on my stamina and keeping my muscle strong enough. Since I injured in my back in the first half of last season, my whole body became a little stiff, so I focused on stretching as well.

Q: How is your injury?
A: The pain is almost gone. Since I can include layback spins this season, I want to make sure that I can get levels in spins.

Q: Any changes in your mind during the self-quarantine period?
A: At first, since I had never had that long break in my career, I was wondering what to do if I lose my sense. I worked hard to maintain my stamina as well as tried to maintain my sense by doing rotation training and shadow-runthroughs on the floor. When I skated first time after the self-quarantine period, I re-discovered "Sliding on the ice is so fun!"

Q: Programs for this season?
A: I continue last season's FS. As for SP, I'm practicing both of last season's my SP and
Waltz In The Evening Glow which Yuki Nishino used for her former SP.

Q: Jumps?
A: After restarting my training, I'm taking back my sense. I've started working on 3A.

Q: It's a pre-Olys season.
A: Events I used to expect to happen were cancelled. There are lots of unclear things this season. I focus on competitions, but at the same time I put importance on clearing daily little goals so that I will not lose my motivation all at sudden in the case the events are cancelled.

Q: What do you think about the possibility of skating Nishino's former program?
A: My original plan was to go abroad for choreography, but it turned out to be impossible. The next plan was to continue both of my last season's programs. Then I and my choreographer, who also worked with Nishino, had a discussion. At this point I'm practicing the program as my exhibition number.

Q: You entered a university this past April.
A: I don't have to go to school since all my university classes are on-line now. I take on-demand classes and try to make good use of my spare time for studies and training.

Q: Your Major?
A: Social science.

A: Any uneasy feelings for making a debut in Sr field?
Q: At this point I don't feel pressures nor feel uneasy. Always I do what I should do out there. Basically there are nothing special.

Q: Your goals in Sr field?
A: Although Beijing Olys is my big goal, it's likely that focusing too much on Olys can lose my consistency of my jumps and my programs to fight in the senior field. So I focus on making it sure that I can maintain my stable and solid power all through this season.

Q: Last season you won a bronze at Nationals even though you were still a junior skater. Any thoughts with looking back your last season?
A: At last season's Nationals and Jr Nationals I was able to show everything that I could do at that time. I was able to reach my goals. It gave me a good self-confidence.
__

Sounds Tomoe is a very bright girl. Go Tomoe!
@Kateri

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

As for SP, I'm practicing both of last season's my SP and Twilight Waltz which Uki Nishino used for her former SP.

Q: What do you think about the possibility of skating Nishino's former program?
A: Then I and my choreographer, who also worked with Nishino, had a discussion. At this point I'm practicing the program as my exhibition number.
Wait, what? Kawabata using the exact same program Nishino skated?
In which season Nishino skated to it? I can't find, nor remember. #badfan 🆘
I can't even find the music.
@rosewood can you help again?

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Wait, what? Kawabata using the exact same program Nishino skated?
In which season Nishino skated to it? I can't find, nor remember. #badfan 🆘
I can't even find the music.
@rosewood can you help again?
Sorry it was my literal translation! I'm such a rough translator. :p Seems it's Waltz In The Evening Glow which Nishino skated for three seasons (2012-2015). I corrected my original post.

Here's Nishino's program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpPOwJygQI
And the music vid is here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fhthMnLDz8

J

Jeschke

Sorry it was my literal translation! I'm such a rough translator. :p Seems it's Waltz In The Evening Glow which Nishino skated for three seasons (2012-2015). I corrected my original post.

Here's Nishino's program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpPOwJygQI
And the music vid is here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fhthMnLDz8
Thanks a lot.
I can recall that program.

Rewatching it, the program looks pretty empty tbh. So I hope there will be some adjustments.
Great music, I am looking forward to see what Kawabata is doing with it.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Thanks a lot.
I can recall that program.

Rewatching it, the program looks pretty empty tbh. So I hope there will be some adjustments.
Great music, I am looking forward to see what Kawabata is doing with it.
Rules/trend changed a lot since then, probably she needs some rework with David Willson on-line, if she actually use the program. I think Tomoe fits the mood of the music/program very well, though.

Talking about the music, its original name is 黄昏のワルツ made by a Japanese composer Takashi Kako who is actually playing the piano in this video I posted above.

The music was made as a theme music for a well known NHK's weekly TV program にんげんドキュメント (=Human Document). i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbicoffl1Vs I'm familiar with the music like lots of other (over middle aged) Japanese people. I hope David Wilson will add a bit more depth to the program (not to use it as just a pretty pretty music) as a celebration music of human beings.

Actually her coach also skated to very same piece a decade earlier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioiEVkzJ4qE
Yukina = my love :love: Yukina is the right person to work with Tomoe on this program either as a exhibition number or SP!

Meanwhile, I wonder if she got married recently. Here she is listed as Yukina Matsunaga. http://www.meijijingugaien.jp/sports/ice-skating/instructor.html

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Interview with Rin Nitaya (my rough translation)
Q: How is this camp?
A: It is my first time to participate in senior national camp so I was a bit nervous at first. Since I've taken expression-lessons for the first time in three years, I want to take something home with me. It's gonna be a fruitful camp. I think my programs can be checked by judges only during training camps. It's an important opportunity for me to know how well my programs are finished from judges' point of view as well as to have my spins and levels checked by judges.

Q: Anything affected by c0rona v*rus pandem*cs?
A: I was not able to get on the ice for about a month and a half during the period when the emergency was announced. Prior to the period I also needed to stay out of the ice for about two months since I had a bone fracture in the end of last year. I was able to do training at home compared to the injury period, so self-quarantine period was a lot easier for me to endure than that time because I was able to move at least. (My fracture is) all right now.

Q: Any new training?
A: I've done what I did last season at the earlier stage of this season than before. Things that I can do at home is limited, though.

Q: Any new thoughts on skating?
A: I decided to continue competing when I got a bone fracture. Although I thought I could still do more at that point, I became not sure whether or not I could recover up to my original level when I restarted my on-ice training. There was also c0rona v*rus. That said, training was fun. Attempting jumps, even not good ones, I rediscovered that I love skating. It was like remembering my beginner's mindset.

Q: Programs?
A: I continue last season's SP to Red Violin. My new FS is Black Swan. Both of them were choreographed by Mihoko Higuchi. I was able to nail a 3-3 in the second half of my FS at Nationals last season. I plan to do so from the very first competition of this season.

Q: This is the pre-Olys season.
A: Every day I recall what I was able to do at the same stage of last season. I live every day trying to beat myself of last season. My goal is beating myself of last season. I don't have any goal about scores or placements.

Q: Any special thoughts on your programs?
A: I continue my SP. Even though the music is the same, I have a desire to change the mood completely. I had the choreography changed here and there. I wish people will see my program as a totally different one. As for my FS it's my first time to skate to a ballet music. My program is not very balletic but it's gonna be my challenge. I've wanted to try this genre since before. Is difficult. Lots of movements that I've never done. Since I think this music can remain in people's mind, I want to express the music very well.

Q: About the decision to continue competing?
A: I didn't think I would continue at the end of Nationals. On one hand there was a thought somewhere in my heart that I wanted to continue since I liked skating, but on the other hand I thought it was a right timing to quit with that great performances I did at Nats. Then I had a bone fracture. It gave me a long enough time to consider whether or not I would regret my retirement. When I talked to my family, they said "You should do your best if you want to continue." I myself thought I would be able to work even harder than last season.

Q: You were qualified as a team Japan member this season.
A: Two years ago, when I slipped out of team Japan, I thought it would be difficult to come back, so I was very happy to come back.

Q: What do you want to achieve this season?
A: To beat myself of last year. That is a clear goal. Every day, every day, I want to see myself as someone who won over myself of last year.

Q: Looking back your 7th placement at last season's Nats?
A: It was the competition where I didn't care my scores or placements at all and it turned out to be the one where I enjoyed myself the most in my whole career. As the result, I was so happy to get my best scores and placement in my career.

@Jeschke

Sylvia

TBD
Seems Rika Kihira is now in Lambiel's camp. Maybe it's easier to get into Canada from Switzerland than from Japan to Canada? Dunno. Wish things go well for her.
Glimpses into Rika's 18th birthday celebration in Champéry, Switzerland: https://www.instagram.com/p/CC6RJnmpImt/

Rika and Koshiro with Switzerland's Naoki Rossi (2020 Novice under 16 national champ): https://www.instagram.com/p/CDEuqzspiRb/

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Interview with Kazuki Tomono (my rough translation)
Q: What do you want to do at this national camp?
A: The main point is that I skate together with Sota Yamamoto in the same group. It would be nice if we could improve together at this training camp. On the technical side, I've worked hard on my spins and skating skills during the off-season. So I wan to work hard so that I can do them well in my run-throughs during this camp.

Q: When did you restart your training under the pandem*c?
A: The end of May. Five days after the state of emergency was lifted, I came back on the ice. I couldn't get on the ice for from a month and a half to two months. I did off-ice training in stead. Since skating is something that I've been doing for a long time, it was soon to take back my normal feeling on the ice. Now I'm doing good training. I think now I can train as much amount as before.

Q: How was the off-ice training?
A: To be honest, that was the first time I lived without skating. Things were unclear at that time. All I could do was to accept everything and I had a strong feeling of "It's the #1 priority to stay healthy now." As for off-ice training, every day I worked on things that I had never done before. By doing so I found weak points in my body. I focused on strengthening those parts. When I came back on the ice, I realized good effects of those off-ice training. Surprisingly, that period turned out to be a fruitful one. It was the first time to face myself out of this sport. The period became a good opportunity to think about my future plans etc as well. Honestly speaking, there were lots of unclear things in the circumstance of figure skating, so I just did my best with my every-day's training that I could do.

Q: Programs for this season?
A: I continue both of my programs from last season. I once tried on-line choreography, but I thought it would be better if I could have worked with a choreographer in person. I decided after talking with my coach. After all, I could not reach the satisfactory quality in competitions last season. I was not good enough. Although I had a plan to work with Misha Ge, it was difficult for me to go abroad. So I decided to continue last season's programs. I wish I'll show better performances than last season's.

Q: Any new jumps you are working on?
A: I attempted three quads at 4CC last season. I want to do so at every competition this season. Two quads last season in most cases but three this season. In my FS. Will not try any new quads but I'll work hard to include more difficult jumps in my program than before.

Q: This is a pre-Olys season.
A: Still lots of things remain uncertain. If we have competitions, I wish I'll win a medal, since I've been out of reaching medals. Will try to get closer to medals. That is the goal. I try my best to be on a podium at every competition. Will stay determined.

Q: Which part in your body did you focus to build up during the self-quarantine period?
A: Especially, although this is just a little thing, there was a difference in my left and right balance. For example, there was a difference in balance when squatting on one foot. What I especially worked on was to find weak points in my body to make intensive improvements. There was a difference in muscles between l/r even on the ice. There were many cases I was not able to skate well on my left foot compered to on my right foot. I wanted to improve in the area so I worked hard on it during my off-ice training. By doing so, I felt much better when I got back on the ice. Until then, I had no time to face my body. The period gave me a chance to realize it, and I was able to find my weaker part. It was nice that the period was long enough for me to make a remarkable improvement.

Q: Current condition compared to former season's?
A: I worked hard on my spins and skating skills during the off-season. Last season's my challenge was to improve my program to be seamless as a whole. I used to give the impression that my programs were choppy as well as my spins were not good enough. Since I knew that those were the areas where I couldn't catch up with the top skaters, I've been working on them really hard. I want to show the improvements in the areas, i.e. seamless performance, spins and skating skills.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Interview with Rika Kihira done on her 18th birthday*=July 21st (my rough translation)
Q: How "18 years old" sounds to you?
A: Sounds like I'm becoming an adult. I used to feel like a child until I was 17 years old, but when I am 18 years old, I would like to be careful about my detailed wording. I'm surprised I'm already 18 yo! Also, it's the age when you can get a driving license. Although I don't have a plan to get the license at this point, I'd like to get it someday when I have enough time. I'll keep my eyes on politics and go to every election.

Q: Your current status? It's a tough time.
A: The current situation is something I had never even imagined. That said, I'm getting used to the environment with c0rona v*rus. Toady I can train on the ice as well as exercise at a gym. I haven't been deeply shocked because, after all, I can train now. I live my daily life thinking about how to improve my skating while paying attention not to catch the v*rus.

Q: Worlds were cancelled this past March. Were you frustrated?
A: No. I thought that if Worlds happened under that circumstance, the c0rona v*rus would have definitely spread. It was a stronger feeling in me that I didn't want Worlds to happen than the frustration of staying away from the ice. I think I was quite objective. When the v*rus started spreading, I stopped focusing only on myself.

Q: You always cherishes peace.
A: Yes. Whenever I visit a shrine, I always pray that I want the world to be peaceful. After all, I think peace is the #1 priority, when I learn ongoing wars around the world at school or when I find out that there are people who are still struggling. Especially now I feel so.

Q: Olympics which are symbol of world peace is now in danger.
A: It should be a really tough time for athletes who are aiming at Tokyo Olys. I think they have been dreaming for a medal at Tokyo Olys since they were little. Hopefully the vaccine will be well developed, the c0rona pandem*c will be completely over and Olys will be held next year. After all, the Olys are exceptional for me, too. Olys are important stages which are held every four years, unlike the Worlds.

Q: When was the first time when you thought about going to Olys?
A: It was when I saw Mao Asada's outstanding skates in Olys. Although I've been skating myself, I haven't watched many competitions on TV for a long time, but Mao was special to me. Every time I definitely watched Mao Asada who skated in the final group as well as I went to the venue in person. I was very impressed with her FS's finish-pose in 2014 Sochi Olys. I think it was the time when I started thinking about going to Olys.

Q: Anything which Mao Asada has and Rika Kihira doesn't?
A: Above all it's the mental thing. It was her greatness that she did that amazing performance at a stage where everyone feels big pressures. Although she fell apart down as low as 16th placement in SP since anything can happen in Olys, she came back strong and made a perfect performance in FS. Medaling is not everything. I respect that mental strength of her. She was fighting on her own at that time when no one other than her was challenging 3A. Also, she was wonderful at drawing me in with her expressions and step sequences. I myself want to improve in those areas, too.

Q: Any thoughts on 2022 Beijing Olys?
A: I feel Beijing Olys are coming even too soon since I want to have more experiences. While I have no idea about whether I'll be frightened or enjoy myself, I'm sure it's gonna be a tough stage. Although I think I'll continue competing after Beijing Olys, I'm assuming the best timing to win the games is only once to me. Since things get tougher in the current field when you get older, I'm assuming Beijing Olys would be my biggest chance. I pray that Tokyo Olys will be held next year. I'll follow and learn the process of Olys well. With the knowledge of the Olys, I will try my best aiming at winning games at the most important stage in my skating life.

"I'm thinking about going on to a university."
In 2020-2021 season things are uncertain due to c0rona v*rus. Although she had a plan to work with a choreographer Lori Nichol who also worked with Mao Asada, the plan is going nowhere as well as she can't meet her new Canadian coach Brian Orser in person due to the immigration restrictions. She still plans to change her programs and musics but everything depends on c0rona.

During the self-quarantine period she continued training in Japan, and after the emergency declaration lifted, she restarted practicing on the ice from the end of May. Now she is training based in Kansai area and Okinawa. As for quads, which people's eyes are on, she explained her goals "I want to include two different quads, 4T and 4S, in my program by Beijing Olys."

Meanwhile, Kihira, the 3rd grader in N High School, explained about her plan for next spring, "Although I can't tell which school at this point, I'm thinking about going on to a university. Skating is my first priority. I want to choose a school which does not affect my competing life," and she added, "I want to enjoy my training without feeling stress." She never stops preparing for the re-start [of competitions].

Sylvia

TBD
There will be an article based on a "real" interview with Koshiro published next week on Golden Skate
Excerpts:
... Lambiel also choreographed the free skate prior to Junior Worlds and during the quarantine before the skater came back from Japan. It is set to Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini.
“This music I feel is very matching and there are vocals in the second half and I can feel the energy from the vocal and I feel so much speed going into the choreo sequence,” explained Shimada. “It’s a very nice program. I really love doing it in practice and I’m looking forward to showing it to everyone. The first part is the classical version, performed by Chinese pianist Lang, then I have José Carreras singing.”
While Lambiel suggested these pieces to his student, the athlete himself selected “Fire Dance” performed by Jennifer Thomas for his short program.
“It’s very dramatic and on fire,” the teenager noted of the routine which was choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto while he was in Japan.
... Shimada thinks he will start competing at Regionals in Japan.
“There are competitions in October and November,” he acknowledged. “I think I will aim for that competition and I have Sectionals in November and then senior Nationals in December. I will focus on those three national competitions for now because I don’t know about international competitions. If they organize NHK, I think I will go to the NHK selection (competition) in Japan. It’s hard to make a plan, but I will get ready for any time. Maybe I’ll do some small competition in Switzerland.”

Bellanca

Interview with Rika Kihira done on her 18th birthday*=July 21st (my rough translation)
Q: How "18 years old" sounds to you?
A: Sounds like I'm becoming an adult. I used to feel like a child until I was 17 years old, but when I am 18 years old, I would like to be careful about my detailed wording. I'm surprised I'm already 18 yo! Also, it's the age when you can get a driving license. Although I don't have a plan to get the license at this point, I'd like to get it someday when I have enough time. I'll keep my eyes on politics and go to every election.

Q: Your current status? It's a tough time.
A: The current situation is something I had never even imagined. That said, I'm getting used to the environment with c0rona v*rus. Toady I can train on the ice as well as exercise at a gym. I haven't been deeply shocked because, after all, I can train now. I live my daily life thinking about how to improve my skating while paying attention not to catch the v*rus.

Q: Worlds were cancelled this past March. Were you frustrated?
A: No. I thought that if Worlds happened under that circumstance, the c0rona v*rus would have definitely spread. It was a stronger feeling in me that I didn't want Worlds to happen than the frustration of staying away from the ice. I think I was quite objective. When the v*rus started spreading, I stopped focusing only on myself.

Q: You always cherishes peace.
A: Yes. Whenever I visit a shrine, I always pray that I want the world to be peaceful. After all, I think peace is the #1 priority, when I learn ongoing wars around the world at school or when I find out that there are people who are still struggling. Especially now I feel so.

Q: Olympics which are symbol of world peace is now in danger.
A: It should be a really tough time for athletes who are aiming at Tokyo Olys. I think they have been dreaming for a medal at Tokyo Olys since they were little. Hopefully the vaccine will be well developed, the c0rona pandem*c will be completely over and Olys will be held next year. After all, the Olys are exceptional for me, too. Olys are important stages which are held every four years, unlike the Worlds.

Q: When was the first time when you thought about going to Olys?
A: It was when I saw Mao Asada's outstanding skates in Olys. Although I've been skating myself, I haven't watched many competitions on TV for a long time, but Mao was special to me. Every time I definitely watched Mao Asada who skated in the final group as well as I went to the venue in person. I was very impressed with her FS's finish-pose in 2014 Sochi Olys. I think it was the time when I started thinking about going to Olys.

Q: Anything which Mao Asada has and Rika Kihira doesn't?
A: Above all it's the mental thing. It was her greatness that she did that amazing performance at a stage where everyone feels big pressures. Although she fell apart down as low as 16th placement in SP since anything can happen in Olys, she came back strong and made a perfect performance in FS. Medaling is not everything. I respect that mental strength of her. She was fighting on her own at that time when no one other than her was challenging 3A. Also, she was wonderful at drawing me in with her expressions and step sequences. I myself want to improve in those areas, too.

Q: Any thoughts on 2022 Beijing Olys?
A: I feel Beijing Olys are coming even too soon since I want to have more experiences. While I have no idea about whether I'll be frightened or enjoy myself, I'm sure it's gonna be a tough stage. Although I think I'll continue competing after Beijing Olys, I'm assuming the best timing to win the games is only once to me. Since things get tougher in the current field when you get older, I'm assuming Beijing Olys would be my biggest chance. I pray that Tokyo Olys will be held next year. I'll follow and learn the process of Olys well. With the knowledge of the Olys, I will try my best aiming at winning games at the most important stage in my skating life.

"I'm thinking about going on to a university."
In 2020-2021 season things are uncertain due to c0rona v*rus. Although she had a plan to work with a choreographer Lori Nichol who also worked with Mao Asada, the plan is going nowhere as well as she can't meet her new Canadian coach Brian Orser in person due to the immigration restrictions. She still plans to change her programs and musics but everything depends on c0rona.

During the self-quarantine period she continued training in Japan, and after the emergency declaration lifted, she restarted practicing on the ice from the end of May. Now she is training based in Kansai area and Okinawa. As for quads, which people's eyes are on, she explained her goals "I want to include two different quads, 4T and 4S, in my program by Beijing Olys."

Meanwhile, Kihira, the 3rd grader in N High School, explained about her plan for next spring, "Although I can't tell which school at this point, I'm thinking about going on to a university. Skating is my first priority. I want to choose a school which does not affect my competing life," and she added, "I want to enjoy my training without feeling stress." She never stops preparing for the re-start [of competitions].
Nice interview! Love Rika's spirit and positive outlook. So many of these athletes are thankfully grounded and responsible which gives me great confidence and hope for the future of the sport. Good luck to Rika. I hope she is very successful with a satisfying skating career and all future endeavors.

Sylvia

TBD
Skate Oakville Pairs account shared this clip today:
It was months off the ice and another 2 months of singles skating and our Japanese pair skaters @riku9111 and @kihara_ryuichi can now finally practice their triple twist. Twist explosion is still there thanks to great off ice training and with a bit more work on the catch, they will be ready for the skating season whenever it is going to start!

Sylvia

TBD
Misato Komatsubara/Tim Koleto, who are in Japan right now, are keeping their RD and going back to their 2018-19 FD: https://twitter.com/Timkoleto/status/1292326959419133955
Our programs for the 2020/21 season
RD: Dreamgirls
FD: Love Story

We had plans for a very special FD this season but as the summer passed and we are still unable to be with to our coaching team in Montreal, we decided to return to one of our favorite programs. I hope we can see you all somewhere (safely) very soon.
ETA:

Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson spoke about Hanyu in a recent NBC OlympicTalk article by Hersh (relevant excerpts):
... [Wilson:] The Japanese federation may need Yuzu to do the Grand Prix in Japan, and at this point he would face quarantine entering Canada and returning to Japan.
The only skater he has not seen is Hanyu.
“That’s normal when he is back in Japan,” Orser said. “I wasn’t expecting anything.”
How long Hanyu stays in Japan may depend on travel restrictions being loosened in both his homeland and Canada.
“I would like to get them all back, and they need to come back,” Orser said. “But facing a double quarantine is not in anyone’s best interest.”

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD

Sylvia

TBD
Forgot to cross-post here from his fan thread... Shoma Uno launched his own YT channel on July 31st with this video:

Translation of his video to English: https://twitter.com/arisuonice/status/1289451486255013888

3 more videos have since gone up:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Schedule of Dreams on Ice, which is an annual show where Team Japan members make their new programs debut, was announced.

Skaters:
Tanaka, Kagiyama, Tomono, Sato, Honda L, Morimoto, Higuchi, Sakamoto, Kawabata, Kawabe, Yoshida, Komatsubara/Koleto, Yoshida/Nishiyama, Jingu Ice Messengers
Schedule:
Sep 12, SP & RD, 19:00-
Sep 13, FS & FD, 14:00-
*no spectators (to be held at Shinyokohama Skate Center)
Broadcasting & Livestreaming:
TBS (Kanto area local), midnight (TBD)
CS TBS Channel 1, Sep 12 18:55-22:00 live, Sep 13 13:55-17:30 live
Paid livestreaming, (3,500 yen for each day), ticket site

Sylvia

TBD

reut

Based on Instagram stories I've seen, Rika Kihira currently is in Egna, Italy (Wurth Arena) working with Benoit Richaud.

Yes, he is choreographing her SP, Stéphane has choreographed her FS:
https://hochi.news/articles/20200826-OHT1T50291.html

Translation to English of some recent Shoma's news:
About keeping his programs for this season - https://twitter.com/arisuonice/status/1298508670913794048
About program they did with Kenji Miyamoto - https://twitter.com/arisuonice/status/1298970814742749185
About leaving to Switzerland soon - https://twitter.com/arisuonice/status/1298967467243397125

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information