ISU Communication No. 2388: Entries/Participation 2022 Olympics in Singles, Pairs & Ice Dance

Andrea82

Austrian skate-offs at Lombardia Trophy confirmed their current choices Schaller and Zandron (even if I would say her outing was more promising than his).

Based on what happened this week, I wouldn't be surprised to see France changing Woman entry and Italy changing the Dance team.

As for Pair Olympic race, I must confess I didn't expect Barquero/Zandron to be already at this level.
At the John Nicks Pairs Challenge, Krasnopolski also improved his score dramatically compared to last month.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Austrian skate-offs at Lombardia Trophy confirmed their current choices Schaller and Zandron (even if I would say her outing was more promising than his).

Based on what happened this week, I wouldn't be surprised to see France changing Woman entry and Italy changing the Dance team.

As for Pair Olympic race, I must confess I didn't expect Barquero/Zandron to be already at this level.
At the John Nicks Pairs Challenge, Krasnopolski also improved his score dramatically compared to last month.
I just posted in the Pairs thread in the Trash Can an update on the pairs race for the 3 spots. Barquero/Zandron shouldn't surprise anyone who watched their programs from Spanish Nationals last March. They were too new of a team (and I think coming off a minor injury) when the ISU offered the TES video option in February so they didn't submit anything for Worlds but by March they were showing a great deal of promise and already, then, beating Broda/Betegon Martin. Six months is an eternity for a new pairs team to work on their elements and start to gel. I was more surprised at how much Kops/Krasnopolski improved their scores between Cranberry Cup and the John Nicks Pairs Challenge a month later. They've shot right up into the top 3 and could very well qualify a spot for Israel at Nebelhorn.

Agree about France and Italy likely switching their entries in Women and Dance respectively.

Aliev has already said his name on the Nebelhorn list was a placeholder entry and, based on the Russian test skates, I expect Samarin will get the nod. He was solid, if uninspiring, in both the SP and FS. Right now, they're sending Kondriatuk out on the JGP and Ignatov struggled in the FS too much, I think, to be trusted. Samarin clearly wants the responsibility and came into the test skates prepared.

Austria was always going to have a tougher time, IMO, qualifying in Men than getting that 2nd spot in Women, because there are so many countries vying for an additional spot in Men and the entrants they're sending are capable of multiple quads and can score very high (Zhou, Samarin, Sadovsky, Siao Him Fa, Lee) leaves only a couple of spots open for other countries.

Colonel Green

Since they're going to Nebelhorn I guess they figure he can get citizenship in time to potentially go? Or does he already have it?

Karen-W

Since they're going to Nebelhorn I guess they figure he can get citizenship in time to potentially go? Or does he already have it?
Well, Broda/Betegon Martin have the Euros/4CCs/Olympics TES minimums so if Zandron doesn't/can't get Spanish citizenship by then, they have a team to send.

RoseRed

I just posted in the Pairs thread in the Trash Can an update on the pairs race for the 3 spots. Barquero/Zandron shouldn't surprise anyone who watched their programs from Spanish Nationals last March. They were too new of a team (and I think coming off a minor injury) when the ISU offered the TES video option in February so they didn't submit anything for Worlds but by March they were showing a great deal of promise and already, then, beating Broda/Betegon Martin. Six months is an eternity for a new pairs team to work on their elements and start to gel. I was more surprised at how much Kops/Krasnopolski improved their scores between Cranberry Cup and the John Nicks Pairs Challenge a month later. They've shot right up into the top 3 and could very well qualify a spot for Israel at Nebelhorn.

Agree about France and Italy likely switching their entries in Women and Dance respectively.

Aliev has already said his name on the Nebelhorn list was a placeholder entry and, based on the Russian test skates, I expect Samarin will get the nod. He was solid, if uninspiring, in both the SP and FS. Right now, they're sending Kondriatuk out on the JGP and Ignatov struggled in the FS too much, I think, to be trusted. Samarin clearly wants the responsibility and came into the test skates prepared.

Austria was always going to have a tougher time, IMO, qualifying in Men than getting that 2nd spot in Women, because there are so many countries vying for an additional spot in Men and the entrants they're sending are capable of multiple quads and can score very high (Zhou, Samarin, Sadovsky, Siao Him Fa, Lee) leaves only a couple of spots open for other countries.
No, they aren't. Mark is not on the entry list for any of the JGP events left, and not a substitute either. They had initially put him on the list for I think the 1st event in France, but when the Russian skaters were moved from there, he never appeared again.

Karen-W

No, they aren't. Mark is not on the entry list for any of the JGP events left, and not a substitute either. They had initially put him on the list for I think the 1st event in France, but when the Russian skaters were moved from there, he never appeared again.
Oh, interesting. Well, I hope they get him out on some Senior Bs since he doesn't have any GP assignments. Or maybe give him the Rostelecom Cup TBA spot. Feels like he did enough to earn it this weekend.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
It’s official: Mark Kondratiuk is going to Nebelhorn for Russia! Samarin was also my original choice, based on steadiness at the Test skates, but Mark did well enough on his jumps AND skated expressively.

Sylvia

TBD
Updated entries (as of Sept. 13) are marked with * below: http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00110963.htm

Bolded names below are entered in the Olympic Qualifying competition at 2021 Nebelhorn Trophy
S - Substitute Entry
N - not for Olympic Qualifying

Men (7 Olympic spots; 26 countries)
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Slavik HAYRAPETYAN ARM 1
2 Brendan KERRY AUS 2

James MIN AUS 2 S
3 Luc MAIERHOFER AUT 3 N
4 Maurizio ZANDRON AUT 3 (confirmed after Lombardia Trophy)
5 Vladimir LITVINTSEV AZE 4
6 Larry LOUPOLOVER BUL 5

Radoslav MARINOV BUL 5 S
Alexander ZLATKOV BUL 5 S
7 Roman SADOVSKY CAN 6
Nam NGUYEN CAN 6 S
Conrad ORZEL CAN 6 S
Joseph PHAN CAN 6 S
8 Jari KESSLER CRO 7
9 Tomas Llorenc GUARINO SABATE ESP 8

Pablo GARCIA ESP 8 S
Arnau JOLY ESP 8 S
10 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN 9
11 Adam SIAO HIM FA FRA 10

Romain PONSART FRA 10 S
12 Peter James HALLAM GBR 11
Graham NEWBERRY GBR 11 S
13 Paul FENTZ GER 12
14 Kai JAGODA GER 12 N
15 Thomas STOLL GER 12 N
Nikita STAROSTIN GER 12 S
16 Harrison Jon-Yen WONG HKG 13
Lap Kan YUEN HKG 13 S
17 Andras CSERNOCH HUN 14
Mate BOROCZ HUN 14 S
18 Conor STAKELUM IRL 15
Samuel MCALLISTER IRL 15 S
19 Gabriele FRANGIPANI ITA 16 N
20 Dias JIRENBAYEV KAZ 17
Mikhail SHAIDOROV KAZ 17 S
21 Sihyeong LEE KOR 18
Deokhoon JEONG KOR 18 S
Jaeseok KYEONG KOR 18 S
22 Davide LEWTON BRAIN MON 19
23 Edrian Paul CELESTINO PHI 20

Christopher CALUZA PHI 20 S
24 Kornel WITKOWSKI POL 21
Mikhail MOGILEN POL 21 S
25 Matthew SAMUELS RSA 22
26 Mark KONDRATIUK* RUS 23
(selected after Russian test skates)
Dmitri ALIEV RUS S (was withdrawn from here before the test skates)
Artur DANIELIAN RUS 23 S
Petr GUMENNIK RUS 23 S
Makar IGNATOV RUS 23 S
Andrei MOZALEV RUS 23 S
Alexander SAMARIN RUS 23 S
27 Nicola TODESCHINI SUI 24 N
28 Adam HAGARA SVK 25
Michael NEUMAN SVK 25 S
29 Che Yu YEH TPE 26
30 Burak DEMIRBOGA TUR 27 N
31 Basar OKTAR* TUR 27 (won the skate-off in early Sept.)
32 Vincent ZHOU USA 28
Jimmy MA USA 28 S
Maxim NAUMOV USA 28 S

Women (6 Olympic spots; 34 countries)
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Anastasiya GALUSTYAN ARM 1
2 Kailani CRAINE AUS 2

Victoria ALCANTARA AUS 2 S
3 Sophia SCHALLER AUT 3 (confirmed after Lombardia Trophy)
Stefanie PESENDORFER AUT 3 S
Lara ROTH AUT 3 S
4 Viktoriia SAFONOVA BLR 4
5 Isadora WILLIAMS BRA 5
6 Yae-Mia NEIRA CHI 6
7 Emilea ZINGAS CYP 7

Marilena KITROMILIS CYP 7 S
8 Maia SORENSEN DEN 8
9 Gerli LIINAMAE EST 9 N
10 Oona OUNASVUORI FIN 10 N
11 Maia MAZZARA FRA 11 (as of now unchanged following Lombardia Trophy)
Lea SERNA FRA 11 S
12 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER 12 N
13 Alexandra MINTSIDOU GRE 13
Dimitra KORRI GRE 13 S
14 Joanna SO HKG 14
Cheuk Ka Kahlen CHEUNG HKG 14 S
15 Julia LANG HUN 15
Regina SCHERMANN HUN 15 S
Ivett TOTH HUN 15 S
16 Tara PRASAD IND 16
17 Aldis Kara BERGSDOTTIR ISL 17
18 Taylor MORRIS ISR 18

Ivetta BERKOVICH ISR 18 S
Nelli IOFFE ISR 18 S
Alina IUSHCHENKOVA ISR 18 S
Alina SOUPIAN ISR 18 S
19 Lara Naki GUTMANN ITA 19
Lucrezia BECCARI ITA 19 S
Ginevra Lavinia NEGRELLO ITA 19 S
Marina PIREDDA ITA 19 S
Alessia TORNAGHI ITA 19 S
20 Bagdana RAKHISHOVA KAZ 20
21 Anete LACE LAT* 21
Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT 21 S (was replaced by Lace ~Sept. 6)
22 Romana KAISER LIE 22
23 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 23
24 Eugenia GARZA MEX 24

Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU MEX 24 S
25 Jocelyn HONG NZL 25
26 Sofia Lexi Jacqueline FRANK PHI 26

Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO PHI 26 S
27 Ekaterina KURAKOVA POL 27
28 Julia SAUTER ROU 28
29 Dasa GRM SLO 29
30 Antonina DUBININA SRB 30
31 Alexia PAGANINI SUI 31

Yasmine Kimiko YAMADA SUI 31 S
32 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK 32
Ema DOBOSZOVA SVK 32 S
Alexandra Michaela FILCOVA SVK 32 S
33 Josefin TALJEGARD SWE 33 N
34 Thita LAMSAM THA 34
35 Tzu-Han TING TPE 35

36 Sinem PEKDER TUR 36 (won the skate-off in early Sept.)
Guzide Irmak BAYIR TUR 36 S (did not participate in the skate-off)
Yasemin ZEKI TUR 36 S
37 Anastasiia SHABOTOVA UKR 37
Mariia ANDRIICHUK UKR 37 S
Anastasiia ARKHIPOVA UKR 37 S
38 Alysa LIU USA 38
Mariah BELL USA 38 S
Audrey SHIN USA 38 S
Removed: Nikola RYCHTARIKOVA CZE 8 N

Pairs (3 Olympic spots; 13 countries) - no changes since Sept. 1
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE AUS 1
Campbell YOUNG / Lachlan LEWER AUS 1 S
2 Bogdana LUKASHEVICH / Alexander STEPANOV BLR 2
3 Yuchen WANG / Yihang HUANG CHN 3
4 Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA KORDEIRU CRO 4
5 Laura BARQUERO / Marco ZANDRON ESP 5

Dorota BRODA / Pedro BETEGON MARTIN ESP 5 S
6 Cleo HAMON / Denys STREKALIN FRA 6
Coline KERIVEN / Noel-Antoine PIERRE FRA 6 S
7 Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI GBR 7
Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY GBR 7 S
8 Karina SAFINA / Luka BERULAVA GEO 8
Anastasiia METELKINA / Daniil PARKMAN GEO 8 S
9 Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT GER 9 N
10 Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL GER 9 N
11 Hailey KOPS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR 10
12 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA 11 N
Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII ITA 11 S,N
13 Daria DANILOVA / Michel TSIBA NED 12
14 Anna HERNIK / Michal WOZNIAK POL 13
15 Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORD SWE 14
16 Sofiia HOLICHENKO / Artem DARENSKYI UKR 15

Ice Dance (4 Olympic spots; 17 countries)
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX SENECAL ARM 1
2 Holly HARRIS / Jason CHAN AUS 2

Chantelle KERRY / Andrew DODDS AUS 2 S
3 Ekaterina KUZNETSOVA / Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKYI AZE 3
4 Ekaterina MITROFANOVA / Vladislav KASINSKIJ BIH 4
5 Viktoria SEMENJUK / Ilya YUKHIMUK BLR 5
6 Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLER CZE 6
7 Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS FIN 7
8 Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL GBR 8
9 Maria KAZAKOVA / Georgy REVIYA GEO 9

10 Viktoriia LOPUSOVA / Asaf KAZIMOV GER 10 N
11 Lara LUFT / Maximilian PFISTERER GER 10 N
12 Katharina MUELLER / Tim DIECK GER 10 N
13 Anne-Marie WOLF / Max LIEBERS GER 10 N
14 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Adam LUKACS HUN 11
Mariia IGNATEVA / Danyil SZEMKO HUN 11 S
15 Shira ICHILOV / Laurent ABECASSIS ISR 12
Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY ISR 12 S
16 Carolina PORTESI PERONI / Michael CHRASTECKY* ITA 13 (Moscheni/Fioretti replaced after Lombardia Trophy)
Chiara CALDERONE / Francesco RIVA ITA 13 S
Carolina MOSCHENI / Francesco FIORETTI ITA 13 S
17 Yura MIN / Daniel EATON KOR 14
18 Chelsea VERHAEGH / Sherim VAN GEFFEN NED 15
19 Charlotte LAFOND-FOURNIER / Richard Kang In KAM NZL 16
20 Maria Sofia PUCHEROVA / Nikita LYSAK SVK 17
21 Yuliia ZHATA / Berk AKALIN TUR 18

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Karen-W

Has to be injury related because Hamon/Strekalin were, by far, the best of the three French teams at Lombardia. Not that they were going to be in the mix for anything beyond an alternate spot. There is a clear separation between the top 4 teams and the rest of the field, with the great unknown being the Chinese team who haven't been seen since Jr Worlds 2020.

VGThuy

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but P/C have to do the team event, right? Assuming they're competing at the Olympics I mean. I know it may seem like a waste for them to do it given France's chances, but I do think having an extra performance (and I used singular because I'm assuming France won't qualify for the final round) in front of an audience will help them going into the individual event.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but P/C have to do the team event, right? Assuming they're competing at the Olympics I mean. I know it may seem like a waste for them to do it given France's chances, but I do think having an extra performance (and I used singular because I'm assuming France won't qualify for the final round) in front of an audience will help them going into the individual event.
If France doesn’t qualify a woman or a pair (which the pairs are not gonna happen), then France won’t have a team for the event anyways.

Karen-W

P/C will have to at least do the RD if France qualifies for the team event. At this point, it's not looking good for France though since K/P's total score would put them 2nd to last compared to the rest of the teams in the field who have skated so far this season or have a personal best. Lea Serna might do well enough to qualify a spot for the Women but below the top 3-4 is pretty inconsistent so it's possible she could finish 6th or 16th.

Colonel Green

If they qualify, then they have to.

However, France's odds of qualifying have been falling catastrophically for about two years now (from the point circa the 2019/20 Grand Prix Final where it looked like they were the presumptive bronze medalists; boy does that seem like a distant memory).

Karen-W

Nebelhorn entries were updated today -

Women - Anastasia Galustyan ARM has been removed and Alexandra Mintsidou has replaced Dimitra Korri as Greece's entrant. Emilea Zingas is still listed as Cyprus' entrant.

Pairs - looks like Conti/Macii replaced Della Monica/Guarise. What's weird is they don't have an "N" next to their entry now, which they should since Italy has already qualified two pairs teams to the Olympics and can't try for a third.

Men and Dance are unchanged since last week.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
France doesn't have to compete in the Team Event if they qualify. It's in the language of the Qualification System for the XXIV Winter Olympic Games, Beijing 2022 document (emphasis mine):

NOCs with Teams who have qualified skaters/couples in an individual OWG competition/discipline (the “qualified skaters/couples”) in Women Single Skating, Men Single Skating, Pair Skating, Ice Dance) and who have chosen to compete in the Team Event

P/C would only have to dance the RD in the TE if France qualifies and chooses to compete, because, according to the same document,

[ I ]f, for example an NOC has only one entry for a discipline/competition, this skater or couple may not choose to skate only in the individual OWG competition and skip the Team Event competition.

Karen-W

France doesn't have to compete in the Team Event if they qualify. It's in the language of the Qualification System for the XXIV Winter Olympic Games, Beijing 2022 document (emphasis mine):

P/C would only have to dance the RD in the TE if France qualifies and chooses to compete, because, according to the same document,
They might not HAVE to compete but I assume they would be under some pressure from the ISU to participate so that the team event receives the full support from all ISU members feds, plus it's not as though France is going to qualify for the free portion of the team event with their very weak pairs and women.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
They might not HAVE to compete but I assume they would be under some pressure from the ISU to participate so that the team event receives the full support from all ISU members feds, plus it's not as though France is going to qualify for the free portion of the team event with their very weak pairs and women.
Which is exactly why France might choose to not enter the team event. :shuffle:

Sylvia

TBD
Men's final standings at 2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/csger2021/CAT001RS.htm

Vincent ZHOU (1st) and Mark KONDRATIUK (3rd) have earned 3rd spots for USA & Russia, respectively.
Adam SIAO HIM FA (2nd), Sihyeong LEE (5th) & Roman SADOVSKY (8th overall/7th & final spot) have earned 2nd spots for France, South Korea & Canada, respectively.
Vladimir LITVINTSEV (6th) and Brendan KERRY (7th) have earned spots for Azerbaijan and Australia, respectively.

Next 5 countries in line:
Turkey (Burak DEMIRBOGA 203.28 finished one place ahead of Basar OKTAR 203.22 who was Turkey's selection to skate for the Olympic men's spot)
Armenia
Great Britain
Germany
Austria

Pairs final standings at 2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/csger2021/CAT003RS.htm
The 3 remaining Olympic spots were earned by:
Laura BARQUERO / Marco ZANDRON for Spain
Karina SAFINA / Luka BERULAVA for Georgia
Hailey KOPS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI for Israel

China missed getting a 3rd spot by less than 5 points and Belarus was 3+ points below China.

Women & Ice Dance finish tomorrow.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Judges by country draw held tonight in Oberstdorf

WOMEN

Finland
Austria
Belgium
Azerbaijan
Netherlands
Estonia
South Korea
USA
Russia
Canada
Czech Republic
Great Britain
China

MEN

Israel
Italy
Czech Republic
Japan
Sweden
Belarus
Latvia
China
Mexico
Estonia
France
South Korea
Canada

PAIR

Russia
China
Canada
USA
Italy
Japan
Austria
Germany
Hungary
Czech Republic
Spain
Israel
Netherlands

ICE DANCE

Russia
USA
Canada
Italy
Great Britain
Spain
Poland
China
Lithuania
France
Germany
Japan
Ukraine

Source: Jeroen Prins' facebook page

Last edited:

Karen-W

Judges by country draw held tonight in Oberstdorf

WOMEN

Finland
Austria
Belgium
Azerbaijan
Netherlands
Estonia
South Korea
USA
Russia
Canada
Czech Republic
Great Britain
China

MEN

Israel
Italy
Czech Republic
Japan
Sweden
Belarus
Latvia
China
Mexico
Estonia
France
South Korea
Canada

PAIR

Russia
China
Canada
USA
Italy
Japan
Austria
Germany
Hungary
Czech Republic
Spain
Israel
Netherlands

ICE DANCE

Russia
USA
Canada
Italy
Great Britain
Spain
Poland
China
Lithuania
France
Germany
Japan
Ukraine

Source: Jeroen Prins' facebook page
So, what happens if Sweden gives up its spot in Men? Do they still get to keep their judge? And I assume that Georgia doesn't have an Olympic-level qualified judge for Pairs which is how the Netherlands wound up with a judge in that event?

Andrea82

So, what happens if Sweden gives up its spot in Men? Do they still get to keep their judge? And I assume that Georgia doesn't have an Olympic-level qualified judge for Pairs which is how the Netherlands wound up with a judge in that event?

Sweden can keep the judge. Rule book says "In case no Skater/Couple of an ISU Member drawn for Judges spots competes in the Olympic Winter Games, a drawn Judge of the respective ISU Member remains on the Judges panel"

yes, Georgia's only ISU level judge is currently suspended. Therefore they couldn't enter the draw. So the final slot was drawn among not OG qualified ISU members with a pair at Worlds 2021.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Georgia has only one ISU level judge and she was suspended over the summer for her scoring of Kvitelashvili at Worlds. :judge:

Andrea82

Andrea82

Confirmation of spots, alternates list, judges draw (including the contorted draw of Team Event judges)

Deadlines

• October 8, 2021: Entry by Name for Judges Form (see attached) must be sent by all ISU Members which have been drawn with a Judge.
  • October 30, 2021: NOC/ISU Members having earned entries at the Olympic Qualifying Competition Nebelhorn Trophy 2021, must confirm by October 30, 2021 if they intend to use their full quota of entries. In the case that not all NOCs/ISU Members use their full quota of entries, the available places will be reallocated to the stand-by NOCs/ISU Members. The respective stand-by NOCs/ISU Members will be informed by the ISU immediately after October 30, 2021.
  • December 12, 2021: announcement of Teams qualified for the Team Event.
     Within 24h of announcement of the Teams qualified, NOC/ISU Members to confirm use of
    allocated quota place to ISU
  • January 11, 2022: Entry by Name in ORS (ISU Online Registration System) must be made by all
    NOCs/ISU Members which have been allocated an entry to the OWG, including those with remaining stand-by entries, no later than January 11, 2022. In the case that not all NOCs/ISU Members use their full quota of entries and the available entries are reallocated to NOCs/ISU Members with remaining stand-by entries, the NOCs/ISU Members receiving these reallocated entries will be informed by the ISU Secretariat by latest January 20, 2022. These entries do not replace the entries as indicated below.
  • January 24, 2022: Beijing 2022 Entry by Name must be submitted by all NOCs/ISU Members which have been allocated an entry to the OWG. These entries must be sent by NOCs and received by BOCOG no later than January 24, 2022 according to their instructions and a copy also sent to the ISU Secretariat. After this date, in principle no entries can be transferred from one NOC/ISU Member to another NOC/ISU Member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information