In Memoriam

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
It has been announced that Japanese composer Ryuichi Sakamoto has passed away.

He won an Oscar and a Grammy for “The Last Emperor” film soundtrack.
I absolutely love his music. I discovered it (and him) thanks to the movie "Merry Christams Dr Lawrence".

Cachoo

Mary Quant ... designer who popularized the miniskirts of the '60s:

It just flows naturally....I think of Mary Quant and I picture Twiggy. RIP to a fashion trailblazer.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I met the band members of The Script a few times, and they were some of the nicest guys I'd ever met. Very grateful that people would come to their shows, very kind to the fans. What an awful loss for Mark Sheehan's family, friends and fellow band members. :(

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!

PeterG

Barry Humphries aka Dame Edna Everage has died.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! She had some of the funniest reels on Instagram that had me howling.

dame edna in royal box (with Prince Charles and Camilla)

Dame Edna poses k.d. lang the question few interviewers dare ask!

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
He was also a long-time judge on Dancing with the Stars. RIP Len.
Yes, that is mentioned in the BBC article/obituary - in fact, he continued on DWTS for a number of years after he left Strictly Come Dancing.

From Kristi Yamaguchi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/kristiyamaguchi/status/1650522120064225280
So heart broken to hear about Len Goodman’s passing. His stern critics were always accepted with respect and his joy, witt and kindness were felt by all around him. Thank Len for sharing so much of yourself in the ballroom and out. You will be missed. #RIP

Last edited:

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Jerry Springer has died.

No thanks to him for furthering the coarsening of behavior displayed in the media with his show.

Cachoo

Should I lift up my top, show you my bra and then slap someone? I saw a montage of women ripping off their shirts and, for the life of me, I don't understand why. Anyway RIP Jerry....you didn't improve television but you seemed like a nice guy.

PeterG

She's from the south, so she's used to the heat, right?

Vagabond

This thread is called "In Memoriam." The term is used to honor the dead. Carolyn Bryant Donham deserves no honor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information