How do I save pictures off my cell phone?

BaileyCatts

How do I save my pictures somewhere besides my phone? I have a Samsung A51 phone. When I take the pictures they go into the “Gallery”. I set the backup to Google Photos so the photos also load into the “Photos” icon thing on my phone, but the pictures are still just on the phone and if something happens to the phone, all my pictures of my kitty are gone. :cat:

When I go onto my computer to photos.google.com or to my Gmail account, I don’t see my pictures anywhere. What am I doing wrong? I want to have them sent to get printed (I see the link on photos.google.com to do that), but again, I don’t see my pictures anywhere that I can select them or that they are saved anywhere other than on my phone. Shouldn’t I be able to go to a computer and go to my Gmail account, or to photos.google.com, and all my pictures from my phone should be there, because there is nothing there when I click “Photos”.

I keep getting a message I have to do a system update on my phone and I can only delay it a few more times. I won’t lose my Gallery pictures if I do that, will I? I’ve never even had a cell phone until a few months ago so don’t understand how I can get the pictures off the phone. :(

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I am trying to do this. I have instructions (4 different "experts") none of which work. They ask you to go here, click that, then go here, click that then go here, and select the pictures. It is a bad joke, I think.

I used to be able to plug in my phone to my computer, and the phone showed up in a DCMI folder. And then you were golden. I am getting a new phone, and don't want my gazillion photos automatically transferred, which is what will happen.

I have a Galaxy Note 9 and a Dell laptop.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
When I go onto my computer to photos.google.com or to my Gmail account, I don’t see my pictures anywhere. What am I doing wrong?
You have to be signed into the same account on Google as your phone is sending the pix to.

I don't know how to check this on Android but on the Google Photos app on my phone, there is a circle with an avatar in it in the upper right-hand corner. It's the avatar for one of my many Google accounts. If you click on the avatar, a dialog drops down and it will show you the account being used.

My guess is it's a different account associated with your phone than the one you are logging into using your web browser.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I forgot to say that on June 1st, if you back up your photos in high quality to Google Photos, they will count towards your storage limit. So you need to solve this soon as you can download all your photos to your computer in case you have to remove them from Google Photos to make room for new ones.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I downloaded the shutterfly app and I can easily upload pics right from my phone. I can print, easily share pictures and order merchandise with the pics on it easily once the pictures are uploaded.

Cherub721

YEAH!
You should be able to plug the phone into a computer via USB and follow the prompts to backup the photos to your computer (google the instructions for your phone).

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
You should be able to plug the phone into a computer via USB and follow the prompts to backup the photos to your computer (google the instructions for your phone).
That is what I can't get done. I think it is part of a plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information