Holiday Tipping advice needed

judiz

I moved into an apartment complex in July. There are four concierges who accept packages and make sure they get to the tenants. They work different shifts but I have met all four and I get a package a week. Not sure how much of a holiday gift I should give.

Cupid

I moved into an apartment complex in July. There are four concierges who accept packages and make sure they get to the tenants. They work different shifts but I have met all four and I get a package a week. Not sure how much of a holiday gift I should give.
I would say depending on the area you live. Where I live, for 4 people like that, I think $25 each is generous (for me anyways).

Spun Silver

That's a lot! In my last house (Jersey suburbs), I tipped the mailman $20 the first year, then $25, then he left. He was delighted and sent me a thank you note for it, and told me I was one of only two houses on the block that tipped him. (That was a surprise!) I started the new one at $20 and so on. I think if four are sharing the same duties they will understand that you are splitting the tip, so I would give $5-10 each depending on what you can afford. But I have never lived in an apartment complex so I may be off-base.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
@judiz Can you check with a couple of other tenants? Tipping varies quite a bit from complex to complex. Not knowing what's typical for your area, I'd say at least $2 per package, then extra for any other special support you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information