VPN tips, advice, recommendations, etc.

AJ Skatefan

If you have a Mac, this process is very straight-forward to bypass any issues with being in a prohibited country.

Open up the stream on Opera or whatever browser you can access it, go to full-screen, use the screen mirroring option, and you literally get your laptop screen on your TV.

I'm sure Windows has a similar feature, but I haven't used Windows in 15 years so I couldn't tell you.
Thanks. I’ll try it

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Thanks. I’ll try it
You have a Mac? Open, for example, the Europeans coverage on YouTube via Opera browser. Make the video full-screen. Somewhere in the taskbar, top right corner of your screen where the time and date should be (depending on which Mac version you have), there should be a control center icon, most likely next to the magnifying glass. Inside of that is the option to mirror your screen. As long as your TV is on the same internet connection, it should show up in the list of options.

Just tried it, works without problem.

LeafOnTheWind

If you have a Mac, this process is very straight-forward to bypass any issues with being in a prohibited country.

Open up the stream on Opera or whatever browser you can access it, go to full-screen, use the screen mirroring option, and you literally get your laptop screen on your TV-- no restrictions, no blocks. No Roku or Fire sticks or anything.

I'm sure Windows has a similar feature, but I haven't used Windows in 15 years so I couldn't tell you.
Windows is the same. It's how I cast to my Roku.

Desperado

My Surfshark subscription is about to renew automatically and at CA$81/year, I no longer think it's worth the expense. I use it to watch BBC iplayer stuff and tennis in Australia, UK and France. Thankfully being in Canada I am able to access a lot of free ISU YouTube skating so that hasn't been a problem.

I used Bitdefender in the past and can't say I've seen a difference. I also find the "privacy protection" aspects to be dubious.

Are some of you still using a VPN through the Opera browser but now it's no longer free?

Anyone super satisfied with their VPN provider? :)

AJ Skatefan

My Surfshark subscription is about to renew automatically and at CA$81/year, I no longer think it's worth the expense. I use it to watch BBC iplayer stuff and tennis in Australia, UK and France. Thankfully being in Canada I am able to access a lot of free ISU YouTube skating so that hasn't been a problem.

I used Bitdefender in the past and can't say I've seen a difference. I also find the "privacy protection" aspects to be dubious.

Are some of you still using a VPN through the Opera browser but now it's no longer free?

Anyone super satisfied with their VPN provider? :)
I have Mozilla VPN and like it

ktfrozen

I have Mozilla VPN and like it
I've also used it. It's pretty reliable compared to other ones, and it's comfortable that it is built into the browser's interface. Anyway, I had problems accessing many sites for work because they saw a connection through a VPN.

Now, I use a proxy that I set up in the Mozilla browser - much easier, much cheaper, and always secure anonymous connections. I got a residential proxy from here. Paying only 1.5$ per month - and that's all the costs.

Desperado

I have used Mullvad VPN for like a couple of years and no problem
I saw that they also only have only a flat rate monthly plan so no locking yourself in for 1-2 years and you don’t need to give out your personal info to create an account.

USxsk8tr

If this is in the wrong cat please let me know. I’ve been watching Russian Grand
Prix directly from Channel 1 website on Apple devices- is there a risk with security being from the US or is that all nonsense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information