Cat help needed - not eating post surgery

Judy

Well I thought Lucy's problems would be over, but today I had to put her down.

She never fully regained her appetite and was not eating much. She developed Hepatic Lipidosis which is a liver disease. Took her to the vet last week but she was jaundiced and had lost a lot of weight. The vets inserted a feeding tube which over the weekend to get high protein food into her. I was trying to feed her but she really couldn't handle it and was not being able to get enough into her. She ended up throwing a lot of it back up.

So yesterday I made the decision and took her to the vet this morning. She was not happy, obviously experiencing discomfort, plus emotionally and financially I was not coping myself which doesn't help. At least she slept with me last night and I got to give her lots of pats while she was being put to sleep.

I have had to put down two of my previous cats but they were older and had long term health problems. This one is much harder to deal with.
I am so sorry for the loss of your Lucy .. ending you lots of hugs ❤️

Moto Guzzi

(((Aussie Willy) I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lucy. As difficult as it is to say goodbye, you did the right thing for her so she wouldn't suffer. I love your figurines of your cats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information