Gymnastics News #23: Defying Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Oh they are given lambananas 😍😍

They are a Liverpool mascot of sorts, a statue a student once made for an arts contest and the city has adopted it and replicated it all over the city :cheer:
Thanks, I thought it looked like bananas with legs so good to know the name fits. :lol:

bardtoob

Ummm . . . Apparently there was water dripping on the beam.

This might explain Jordan's slip in qualifications.

Jordan did all four events, and had she performed the same in qualifications as in the final she (woulda, shoulda, coulda) been the top US qualifier in the AA.

ETA:

Most of US Coverage:

Chellsie's interview:

Last edited:

nickp

There was some doubt whether they could do it with Simone Biles and Sunisa Lee no longer in the team

Hedwig

Antique member
Flavia Saraiva only did bars. Without her Brazil still in forth is very impressive.
I hope she is allright for the AA. She has the worst luck with injuries.
Then I always remember how she was pulled as a tiny newcomer from the AA for Jade Barbosa and then Barbosa injured herself during the competition

BaileyCatts

I know the Top 3 countries qualify Team spots at 2024 Olympics. How do the rest of the spots qualify for Olympics?

ilovesalchows

GB did not do great in HB in qualifying. If scores are similar with US on floor, GB on high bar, I think the US will take it.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
12.3 for Italy on the final pommel.

Congrats, Great Britain.

millyskate

So the British men won a medal for that ?

You've got to be kidding. That was an epically bad competition.

I got excited for a second as Spain appeared in the lead before all the scores were in :lol: But no.

Allskate

Asher Hong was great today, good luck to him in the AA.
He did very well, especially for his first Worlds. I'm rooting for him to do well in the AA.

Overall, this was a pretty messy competition. So, the American men must really be kicking themselves.

beckab81

Flavia Saraiva only did bars. Without her Brazil still in forth is very impressive.
I hope she is allright for the AA. She has the worst luck with injuries.
Then I always remember how she was pulled as a tiny newcomer from the AA for Jade Barbosa and then Barbosa injured herself during the competition
She's out for AA, but they're still hoping she can do the Floor final in a few days 😢

skatingguy

decently

skatfan

We’ll, the USA men didn’t get it done today, but they went for the difficulty so they don’t need to hang their heads at all.

millyskate

GB is the only team to have qualified both their MAG and WAG already :eek:

One knows they've become a major gymnastics nation when they can essentially have a very rough day and still win a medal. The women had an average competition and finished 2nd, the men had their worst outing in years and somehow still landed with bronze.
Hopefully they can stay injury free for next year.

ETA: I realise the GB men counted 5 falls. FIVE. :eek:

Last edited:

3T3T

While that may have been an error filled competition, I found it really exciting. Bar China the placings were constantly shifting. How Team GB pulled themselves on to the podium, I don’t know. It just shows you never give up, others need to perform cleanly as well.

I was disappointed for Italy but I think 4th is much better than they expected. On Pommels, China were the only team to score over 40 (41.032), with Japan 2nd on 38.446. It was scary piece of apparatus to watch.

Amazing that GB are the only team to have both MAG and WAG teams Olympic qualified. Best of luck to Rhys in the Pommel Horse final 🇮🇪🍀🇮🇪🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information