SyTwW4+SyTwM4
DiStW3+DiStM2
Curve Lift 4
Dance Spin 4
Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Hydroblade Move
Choreo Character Step Sequence

Choreo Dance Lift

Very dramatic program, and she really gives the performance everything. The music is letting me down, and something is missing in the early part of the program.

106.71 = 1st Place
173.85 = 1st Place

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Looking at this FD I feel like this is the beginning of the end for the Montreal group. I mean, Marie-Universe had a great run, but she is starting the mass production that has previously ruined Linichuk, Zoueva, Morozov and Shpilband. This is absolutely something Linichuk would pull out of her... hat.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
This program is so in their wheelhouse. Just love it. :cheer2:

Overall the program is really open, which gives them a much better impression than in the RD. For a team without a great height difference, they have really good lifts. We forget about Quan because Lim is such a star, but he really is excellent at having the control necessary to showcase her.

skatingguy

decently
Dupayage, Marie/Nabais, Thomas 🇫🇷
Coach: Karine Arribert-Narce, Mahil Chantelauze
Music: Mechanisms, Arioso

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Listen, I understand the worlds are in Montreal and all, but the amount of French lyrics at this competition is getting unmanageable.
:lol: Lots of attention to the eventual audience in Montreal. But no Leonard Cohen or Celine Dion?

Sally1214

I like Lim/Quan a lot. Enjoyed the RD yesterday too. And, of course, they are with Marie-France, so their future should be filled with bright shiny things. Best of luck to them.

I see Marie-France is really embracing the new stylish wide-leg pants. It's a style that does NADA for someone who stands barely over 5 feet tall (moi). Not to mention that, when the wide leg goes out of style again, you are really DATED if you have them in your closet.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I thought she came out of her twizzle early, but Mark says he came out late.

Hanna

Skating junkie
I am very intrigued by the construction of this program (since Finlandia Trophy). It's not often we see a program with two different pieces both used just once, and the first one being the more energetic one while the ending is notably slower. I like it.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Villard teams continue to be a bright spot in creativity.

They took music that any other team would make generic, flowy, and romantic - and then turned it into something modern and abstract. Even if the program wasn't fully cooked, I loved every minute of it.

leilaofpaper

The second song/half was kind of disappointing after how dynamic the first half was. musicality off the charts to begin

skatingguy

decently
Dupayage, Marie/Nabais, Thomas 🇫🇷
Coach: Karine Arribert-Narce, Mahil Chantelauze
Music: Mechanisms, Arioso

SyTwW3+SyTwM4 - she really struggled, stepped out early
Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Character Step Sequence
Choreo Slide Move
Dance Spin
4 (2 after review)
CiStW3+CiStM2
OFTW2+OFTM2
Straight Line Lift 4
Stationary Lift 4

Choreo Dance Lift

Opening twizzle mistake broke my concentration in this program, and they never really got it back. I think the program has promise to be really good, but it has to be foot perfect to work.

99.42 = 3rd Place
167.62 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information