Grand Prix de France 2023 Free Dance - “The Umbrellas of Cheer/Boo”

skatingguy

decently
McNamara, Lorraine/Spiridonov, Anton 🇺🇸
Coach: Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak
Music: Chalkboard, A Deal with Chaos, Camping

Sally1214

I'm here for the FD. Geez, there isn't much time between events. Great for the people attending live in the arena; but, for those of us trying to get anything done at home .... well, let's just say that not much is getting done and leave it at that. Missed the French team but lots of great skating ahead.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I'll never forget last year at Skate America when Mr. thvu literally lol'd at the end choreo of McNamara & Spiridinov's FD.

I know McNamara & Carpenter got a lot of raves as juniors, but I never understood it. I saw the same issues then with Lorraine's skating as I do now - Overall stiffness, a lack of full extension (it's always only partly there), inability to hold tension in her movements, not getting down in her knees and skating like she's fighting with the ice. Both of her partnerships did a great job of reminding me how difficult ice dance is.

skatingguy

decently
McNamara, Lorraine/Spiridonov, Anton 🇺🇸
Coach: Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak
Music: Chalkboard, A Deal with Chaos, Camping

SyTwW4+SyTwM4
Choreo Assisted Jump
Dance Spin
4 (2 after review)
OFTW2+OFTM1 - he stumbled
Curve Lift 4 + Curve Lift 4
MiStW1+MiStM2
Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Character Step Sequence

Choreo Dance Lift

He's sleeveless, & she's skirtless in an attempt to create a stripped down modern dance piece, but the actual choreography lacks the originality, and signature movements to actually create the effect their looking for.

99.48 = 1st Place
164.25 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Lim, Hannah/Quan, Ye 🇰🇷
Coach: M.F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Umbrellas of Cherbourg by Michel Legrand

Sally1214

So, I've obviously been living under a rock in regards to costume rules for skaters. I know catsuits/unitards are permitted (and I like those) but wasn't there a rule once upon a time about the lady's costume havig some kind of "skirt?" Lorraine certainly has a great figure for her spandex tighty shorts but it kind of looks like she's skating in her underwear.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I wouldn't be all that surprised if Nationals is it for this team. In both programs, the look is just of agony when the scores come up. They are regressing and scoring even lower than the trash FD they had last season, and I can't see them contending with any of the other US GP teams at Nationals.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I wouldn't be all that surprised if Nationals is it for this team. In both programs, the look is just of agony when the scores come up. They are regressing and scoring even lower than the trash FD they had last season, and I can't see them contending with any of the other US GP teams at Nationals.
They truly will get buried among all the teams in the US at this point. There are too many good to great teams and they just don't fit in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information