Grand Prix De France 2023- Rhythm Dance “Non-vember Rain”

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
RD results

1​
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRIITA
86.62​
49.89​
36.73​
9.21​
9.29​
9.11​
0.00​
#10​
2​
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SOERENSENCAN
80.98​
46.40​
35.58​
8.96​
9.00​
8.79​
1.00​
#9​
3​
Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUDFRA
76.95​
43.42​
33.53​
8.54​
8.46​
8.21​
0.00​
#7​
4​
Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKOUSA
72.94​
40.37​
32.57​
8.21​
8.07​
8.21​
0.00​
#8​
5​
Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain le GACCAN
70.48​
39.17​
31.31​
7.75​
8.00​
7.79​
0.00​
#6​
6​
Olivia SMART / Tim DIECKESP
69.91​
38.28​
31.63​
8.00​
7.96​
7.82​
0.00​
#1​
7​
Marie DUPAYAGE / Thomas NABAISFRA
68.20​
38.09​
30.11​
7.57​
7.64​
7.43​
0.00​
#3​
8​
Hannah LIM / Ye QUANKOR
67.14​
37.18​
29.96​
7.61​
7.46​
7.46​
0.00​
#5​
9​
Lorraine McNAMARA / Anton SPIRIDONOVUSA
64.77​
34.57​
30.20​
7.64​
7.61​
7.46​
0.00​
#4​
10​
Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFAFRA
60.24​
31.70​
28.54​
7.14​
7.25​
7.07​
0.00​
#2​

Protocols link: http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I must have missed the posts about the tech panel composition here because it usually always happens in ice dance events 🤷‍♀️

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I must have missed the posts about the tech panel composition here because it usually always happens in ice dance events 🤷‍♀️
You missed a mention of them. Do you have some thoughts you’d like to share about the (judging of) program you’ve already forgotten? 😂

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
looking at protocols I see Anthony's twizzles got knocked down to a l2 (which I thought they looked wonky lol). fb/s really beat l/b on pcs which I disagree with.
Lopareva/Brissaud's PCS here is a PB at least

LeafOnTheWind

Did Guignard/Fabri slow down the tempo for Holding Out for a Hero? I listened to this recently and it felt like a faster tempo to me than what they put out in competition.

Skate Talker

I hate the 80's theme. I had to live through it and that was bad enough, but for my money, these pseudo-80's programs are off the mark and even worse than the real thing.

MsZem

I see the sea
I hate the 80's theme. I had to live through it and that was bad enough, but for my money, these pseudo-80's programs are off the mark and even worse than the real thing.
Acceptable 80s programs:

Lopareva/Brissaud
Papadakis/Cizeron's Fame RD
Pechalat/Bourzat's Andy exhibition.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Did Guignard/Fabri slow down the tempo for Holding Out for a Hero? I listened to this recently and it felt like a faster tempo to me than what they put out in competition.
They did. I know that song really well and they definitely slowed it down. Maybe that’s why they started out with the Glee version til they wised up to the problem.

Skate Talker

@MsZem
Of the 3 you name, the only one competing today used music with which I am totally unfamiliar so I cannot speak to that, perhaps I also cannot speak to the costuming since I did not live in France at the time, however it does not look like anything I remember from the 80's. Nothing in the movement reminds me of the 80's either, any more than any of the other teams today.
(Guess I'm just in a really bad mood - sorry.)

That said, Pap/Ciz did bring back memories. Can't immediately recall Pec/Bou's exhibition.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I don't think the RD's are any better or any worse than any of their other themes, aside from lacking the CDs from other years. If they're going to skate through the music, at least it's usually something worth listening to, instead of one more Libertango.

Dupayage/Nabais get better every time I see them.

I used to love McNamara with Carpenter, but I find that she and Spiridonov are work to watch. There's no ease there.

I find Lauriault/LeGac sloppy, and never understand their scores, and Carriera/Ponomarenko not well-matched and dull.

I get why Fournier-Beaudry is a rock star, but that just looked like skating around in circles without much intent to me. He looked better and more engaged, though, and I'm hoping this means he got to heal his injuries.

Love Guignard/Fabbri.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I agree most 80s programs are off the mark. It's hard to explain what life was like before every celebrity had a stylist and young people didn't plan things around how the photos would look. We need a little more chaos and spontaneity.

peibeck

Simply looking
I guess G/F and FB/S are giving Gilles/Poitier a pass on having the most hideous RD costumes?
Honestly I had trouble even concentrating on their dances today because their outfits were such distracting messes. (And don't get me started on Charlene's Ziggy Stardust makeup!)

Two comps in a row where I don't get the Smart/Dieck love from the judges.

CarPom have a great dance, too bad the second half was kind of sloppy. Even more sadly, Lorraine and Anton were only sloppy. I saw potential when they first teamed up, but they have stagnated, not improved.

I really enjoyed the LeGacs, even if they aren't the best skaters. Great choice of music for the silver samba. :respec:

Last edited:

peibeck

Simply looking

From what I heard the Glee version they originally used was the subject of some controversy because it wasn't the original 80's version. Since then we've seen non 80's covers, plus Fear/Gibson's VERY non 80's remix, so.... 🤷‍♂️

Dobre

My Mom thinks Guignard & Fabbri are playing Marvel superhero characters.

She also thinks the kleenexes on Christina's chest are the greatest faux pax on Carreira & Ponomarenko's costumes.

We both like Lopareva & Brissaud's RD, which is so much in their wheelhouse. (Mom especially adores it). I find it hard to see L&B skate the P&C-imitation free when L&B are so much more alive doing the character roles. It's not that the free choreo is bad, and they are learning. It's just that it's not them.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
From what I heard the Glee version they originally used was the subject of some controversy because it wasn't the original 80's version. Since then we've seen non 80's covers, plus Fear/Gibson's VERY non 80's remix, so.... 🤷‍♂️

Where have we seen non-80s covers? The rules do specify that the version you are using must be recorded in the 80s, so anyone choosing to do that would be taking a big risk of a music violation. That's why Charlene and Marco changed it.

peibeck

Simply looking
Where have we seen non-80s covers? The rules do specify that the version you are using must be recorded in the 80s, so anyone choosing to do that would be taking a big risk of a music violation. That's why Charlene and Marco changed it.

Well the Brits are doing a song originally recorded in the 80s, same artist, but the version they are skating to is DEFINITELY not an 80s remix, it's at least 2 (more likely 3) decades older, I'd wager.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Well the Brits are doing a song originally recorded in the 80s, same artist, but the version they are skating to is DEFINITELY not an 80s remix, it's at least 2 (more likely 3) decades older, I'd wager.

Right, that’s the very non-80s remix. TBH I would assume they just think the judges won’t notice. The rules do say it can be “remastered,” so maybe they’re trying to pretend that’s the same?

Are there non-80s covers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information