Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

Lynn226

I'm re-reading chapter 11 where she describes the rape. She turned 21 in August 2016. That fall she competed at Japan Open, Skate America, and Tromphee de France, per Wikipedia. I think it happened in the fall because she mentioned the holidays occuring afterwards.

Am I on the right track?

Debbie S

I'm re-reading chapter 11 where she describes the rape. She turned 21 in August 2016. That fall she competed at Japan Open, Skate America, and Tromphee de France, per Wikipedia. I think it happened in the fall because she mentioned the holidays occuring afterwards.

Am I on the right track?
That was the conclusion I made. Since her sister was there and booked a suite at the hotel, I'm going to assume they were in the U.S. (her sister was in college so probably couldn't spend a lot of time traveling during the semester, plus the cost), so it seems like SA is the only option. I definitely don't think Carly would have gone to Japan.

Lynn226

That was the conclusion I made. Since her sister was there and booked a suite at the hotel, I'm going to assume they were in the U.S. (her sister was in college so probably couldn't spend a lot of time traveling during the semester, plus the cost), so it seems like SA is the only option. I definitely don't think Carly would have gone to Japan.
Thank you.

It's a short list because she said the person still competed five years later. And it makes sense that Carly could not easily travel internationally during the academic year.

Gayo

When I end up in skating jail, ya’ll better bail me out.
In checking the US entrants for Skate America, 2016, I’ve narrowed the number of men to 3 whom I think could be the person reported to SafeSport. If I’m right, I think it’s their high profiles and credentials that are unfortunately causing the organization to bury this matter. Very sad.

Desperado

Safesport’s “Report a Concern” page states:

“Report here if you have experienced abuse or misconduct—or if you have reasonable suspicion of abuse or misconduct inflicted on, or by, someone in the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movement.”

I take it to mean that the presumed perpetrator can be from another country/federation, but I could be misinterpreting.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
What happened to Namiotka breaks my heart.
how many more are paying the price of the cover ups

And how many lesser-known skaters complained but didn't get any attention because they weren't famous. Absolutely not a diss on Ashley and Gracie and other skaters that have spoken out publicly, but sadly these cases only seem to get the attention they deserve when a "name" is involved.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Things like this, always come out sooner or later.

I think the publisher did the right thing by not including the name, because the act, and the circumstances should have more attention.

The end of the day, this community already knows who this person is because Gracie told enough in the book, and somethings were known before.

2sk8

I would appreciate a PM too - very curious iof others have reached the same conclusions I have

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
And how many lesser-known skaters complained but didn't get any attention because they weren't famous. Absolutely not a diss on Ashley and Gracie and other skaters that have spoken out publicly, but sadly these cases only seem to get the attention they deserve when a "name" is involved.
had Ashley not spoken up about Coughlin, the vast majority, people would still hold the statement that his agent had to give about Bridget and her story.
The infamous Tara Modlin, former agent to Johnny Weir, but also Gracie. Her comments about Namiotkas story
https://nypost.com/2019/05/21/john-...me-before-he-killed-himself-bridget-namiotka/
“It seems that you want me to comment on an unstable persons (sic) Facebook comment – I don’t really understand your question. … my suggestion is to call some of his other partners …”

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information