"Goodbye, Petrushka" Indie Film with Figure Skating

2sk8

"Goodbye, Petrushka" isn't a film About figure skating, but figure skating is an important part of its story line and there is a bit of figure skating in it. We don't often find that, so if you get a chance to see the film, I think you will really enjoy it.

"Claire, 19, is a bit of an oddball: a romantic, a puppeteer, and a fish out of water at college. After one appalling class too many, Claire hits breaking point. Right around that same time, she has a chance meeting with an intriguing Frenchman named Thibaut, a figure skater at the end of his career. That's when Claire decides it's time for a change. She allows her crazy, rich best friend Julia to talk her into an impulsive move from New York to Paris. There, the starry-eyed Claire meets Thibaut again and they embark on a unique project together." Synopsis from the Director, Nicola Rose

You can watch the Offical Trailer here

Not on TV or streaming (yet), but if you are in New York or Los Angeles, you can see this film in its theatrical premiers.

The New York premiere is on July 17, 5:15 PM; Tickets available on EventBrite.

I'll add the Los Angeles details when I have them. I saw the film a couple of weeks ago at its festival premier at The Chinese Theatres in LA, and it was really fun!

Nicolarosemce

Hey everyone! Just got wind of this post. I’m Nicola Rose, the director of Goodbye, Petrushka. It was certainly my hope that it would catch the attention of skating fans, so I’m happy to see this thread!

A couple updates: as someone mentioned, our private premiere in NYC is sold out, BUT we will be playing at the Festival of Cinema NYC on Aug 6 at 6 pm and I’m pretty sure there are still plenty of tickets available for that one since they just went on sale. If you’re near NYC, you can get yours here: https://festivalofcinemanyc.eventive.org/schedule/62bf2109f728970029ebcc39

As for our Hollywood theatrical run at Cinelounge Sunset, that is happening even sooner(!), July 15-21, and you can get tickets to that via our Fandango page here: https://www.fandango.com/goodbye-petrushka-2022-228419/movie-overview

And yes indeed, we’ll be released online on 7/21!

If anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask!

NR

Allisanna

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information