Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
ok all, i'm looking for the holy grail. I'm getting married in 10 days. i need a foundation that is sheer, mattifying, but looks dewy. any suggestions?

It costs $50 but I swear by my YSL Touché Eclat. Dewy and full-coverage without being shiny. Not that this is your issue but I swear I’m 15 years younger wearing it.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
alright, give me your fave full coverage please!

:lol:

Okay! I've been using Huda. I use the primer and then I mix two shades of Faux Filter together (I'm this weird in-between of neutral and cool), and it lasts ALL DAY.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I ask myself why I even bother putting makeup on for work these days. It simply glides off before 9 am.
Yey for summer :drama:

PrincessLeppard

I need to give a shout out to Huda here. It's beyond humid in Nebraska, plus I have hot flashes, and my makeup is still awesome hours later. Highly recommend.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
I ask myself why I even bother putting makeup on for work these days. It simply glides off before 9 am.
Yey for summer :drama:
The Urban Decay setting sprays are a life saver!
My make up survived on my oily, sweaty face all through the Brazilian summer (just don't scrub your face and you're fine).

snoopy

How does Sephora track your purchases for points, email address?

I just ordered something online and noticed I had a jillion points from purchases made in Scranton PA. I’m pretty sure I’ve never been in Scranton, PA. I’m not sure if I should go pull my credit card bills and double check them. I didn’t notice any mis charges at the time but it’s possible I missed them.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Did you get the Urban Decay Beached palette? Took me a couple of tries as it's not at all the stores, but I have finally scored it and LOVE IT. Husband also very much approves :)

:summer:

I haven't been able to find it yet. I'm still looking! :wuzrobbed

TheGirlCanSkate

Any suggestions for blue mascara? I tried YVES SAINT LAURENT Vinyl Couture Mascara and didn't like the clumpiness/hardness/and later flakiness. I'd like an eyeliner too - so far the blues migrate all over my face though.

PrincessLeppard

The Sephora brand blue mascara is amazing, but I've only ever been able to find it in Europe. Urban Decay just came out with some colored mascaras; I bought the purple, but I haven't tried it yet.

Did you guys know there's prescription strength Retinol available over the counter now? It's by Differin, and it's with the acne prevention stuff, which is why it took me awhile to find it. I've only been using it for a week (and every other day), but I will let you know if I see any changes.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
The Sephora brand blue mascara is amazing, but I've only ever been able to find it in Europe. Urban Decay just came out with some colored mascaras; I bought the purple, but I haven't tried it yet.

Did you guys know there's prescription strength Retinol available over the counter now? It's by Differin, and it's with the acne prevention stuff, which is why it took me awhile to find it. I've only been using it for a week (and every other day), but I will let you know if I see any changes.
Differin is the bomb.
Both 0.1 and 0.3% gel are OTC here.

Proceed with caution, your skin may purge if you apply it too often right off the bat.
I find that alternating actives throughout the week is better. Moisturizing and sunscreen are particularly needed with retinoids.
(you probably know all of this stuff already, but it doesn’t hurt to give a heads up anyway)

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
alright, give me your fave full coverage please!
I use Tarte Shape Tape Hydrating foundation. I use Light Sand with a few drops of Medium Sand to get the shade just right.

However, I don’t like full coverage and want SPF, so I also add Obaji 360 HydroFactor sunscreen and Glam Glow Glowstarter to thin it out.

I just reread this and realized how incredibly high maintenance my makeup routine is :scream:

FiveRinger

I haven't been in here for a while, so I don't know if this has been mentioned. I saw Makeup Geek at Target, and I was geeked (no pun intended, really). I'm impressed with Marlena. I remember when she was just doing YouTube videos and now she's the owner of a makeup company that is selling in Target! She has come a long way. The eyeshadow quads that I saw were beautiful, but sold out. There were only testers in the store that I went to.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Anyone have a favorite astringent? I’ve been using Clinique Clarifing Lotion 1 during this hot weather, but would be open to trying something else.

myhoneyhoney

Ok, I need suggestions please for waterproof eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara.

we’re throwing a huge nightime HS Grad pool party so serious amount of pictures and possibly video will be taken. This will be scrapbook/framed photos stuff. I need to look glam! Um.... will falsies stay on?! Eeeek!

IceAlisa

Anyone have a favorite astringent? I’ve been using Clinique Clarifing Lotion 1 during this hot weather, but would be open to trying something else.
I haven’t used toner/astringent for years because I don’t understand what it does. Clinique was full of alcohol last time I looked at it. I would save the $$ and invest in an acid peel product (DR. GROSS!!!) or a pharmaceutical grade moisturizer with hyaluronic acid

Aceon6

I haven’t used toner/astringent for years because I don’t understand what it does. Clinique was full of alcohol last time I looked at it. I would save the $$ and invest in an acid peel product (DR. GROSS!!!) or a pharmaceutical grade moisturizer with hyaluronic acid
Thanks. I’m a Dr Gross user. I’m just trying to shut down the excessive perspiration during this heat wave.

snoopy

I use a toner high in nianicidimide since it’s supposed to be good for the skin. I use a toner to slightly moisturize my skin before foundation because I find lotions too heavy in the summer. It does help the foundation application. I also use it as a “second pass” at night to remove makeup. (On the rare days I wear makeup).

IceAlisa

Thanks. I’m a Dr Gross user. I’m just trying to shut down the excessive perspiration during this heat wave.
Does it really prevent the face from sweating? :eek: Not that I have that problem where I live but this is interesting info!

Aceon6

Does it really prevent the face from sweating? :eek: Not that I have that problem where I live but this is interesting info!
IME, it closes the pores enough for me to get a bit of relief from “moisture mustache”

skategal

Bunny mama
Ok, I need suggestions please for waterproof eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara.

we’re throwing a huge nightime HS Grad pool party so serious amount of pictures and possibly video will be taken. This will be scrapbook/framed photos stuff. I need to look glam! Um.... will falsies stay on?! Eeeek!

Mascara:

Maybelline the Rocket Waterproof version.
This is pretty budge proof on me and I have teary eyes. It also gives great volume.

Eyeshadow:

Make Up Forever makes some waterproof eyeshadow but I haven't tried it.

GOSH cosmetics eyeshadow sticks were the ones I used in summer for waterproof eyeshadow. I can't get them in Canada now but if you are able to get your hands on them, they work great.

I have tried the Lancôme eyeshadow sticks too. They are good also but not sure if they are fully waterproof. They don't budge and are hard to remove without eye makeup remover so maybe?

Eyeliners:

The only waterproof one I've tried is the Marc Jacobs gel one. Love them. Gorgeous colours too.
I don't use much eyeliner or different eyeliner as my eyes are very watery but this one actually stays put.

eta: For other suggestions, there are videos on youtube where people actually test waterproof makeup. :rofl: Just google "testing waterproof makeup" and they should come up for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information