Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

Peaches LaTour

Does anybody have recommendations for powdered eyebrow "pencils"? I never do well with my scanty eyebrows . :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Does anybody have recommendations for powdered eyebrow "pencils"? I never do well with my scanty eyebrows . :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I use a combination of pencil then brow powder. I’m not particular about the brand of pencil as long as I can find a shade similar or lighter than my hair. I pencil in the bare spots, use a brow brush to blend, then follow with Clinique Brow Shaper.

Peaches LaTour

I use a combination of pencil then brow powder. I’m not particular about the brand of pencil as long as I can find a shade similar or lighter than my hair. I pencil in the bare spots, use a brow brush to blend, then follow with Clinique Brow Shaper.

Thanks, I will!

skategal

Bunny mama
It's National Lipstick Day. :glamor:

Sephora is having a sale on many lipsticks today. Brands include:

Urban Decay, Bite Beauty, Tarte, Smashbox, Buxom, Bare Minerals and Sephora.

Happy Shopping! :cheer2:

skategal

Bunny mama
Coming soon to Sephora online and select stores - wait for it - MAC and Charlotte Tilbury!!

Most if not all of the Charlotte Tilbury stuff is already sold out. I checked last night and couldn't find much left. :wuzrobbed

I have an email sent to let me know when it restocks.

Hopefully, it will be back in by the sale (15-20% off) set for the end of the month.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
I’ve wanted to try the light wonder foundation, but didn’t want to do an order through CT just for it. Now that I can get it through Sephora, I’ll have to order sometime!

Jenny

From the Bloc
I've ordered from the CT website a bunch of times, and the service is excellent. Pricing is same as in stores, free shipping (even in Canada), samples, comes in beautiful packaging. Just no VIB points :)

They had to have known this would be a big launch, but maybe they wanted to create a little bit of demand at the start. That has happened with other lines. I'm sure it will settle in over time.

Hope all of you trying for the first time love her products as much as I do!

altai_rose

I'm waiting to get some new things (Drunk elephant protini moisturizer and Sukari) until the sale at the end of the month. I'm also looking for a new concealer because mine is breaking me out. Any suggestions? Right now, I'm using Nars radiant creamy concealer.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I'm waiting to get some new things (Drunk elephant protini moisturizer and Sukari) until the sale at the end of the month. I'm also looking for a new concealer because mine is breaking me out. Any suggestions? Right now, I'm using Nars radiant creamy concealer.
Tarte Shape Tape concealer is da bomb. Only at Ulta or Tarte boutique

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
I like shape tape, but it’s so thick compared to Nars radiant. If Nars is breaking you out, Tarte might too. It lasts forever though, depending on how heavy you go on concealer. I can spread a tube of shape tape out for like a year.

skategal

Bunny mama
I've heard good things about the new Too Faced Born this way concealer but I've not tried it.

I use Maybelline Fit Me concealer (excellent value for the price) or Tarte waterproof stick concealer.

A lot of people don't like the Tarte one that I use but I need a waterproof one for under my eyes and for some reason this is one of the few concealers that doesn't crease in my fine lines (although many others say it does for them.)

IceAlisa

I like shape tape, but it’s so thick compared to Nars radiant. If Nars is breaking you out, Tarte might too. It lasts forever though, depending on how heavy you go on concealer. I can spread a tube of shape tape out for like a year.
I think it’s not the thickness but the ingredients that cause problems. You don’t know until you try

Last edited:

vesperholly

For every day, I use Maybelline Define-A-Brow - they're all very cool browns with no reddish undertones.

I also like the Anastasia brow powder duo for when I'm doing Fancy Makeup.

Peaches LaTour

For every day, I use Maybelline Define-A-Brow - they're all very cool browns with no reddish undertones.

I also like the Anastasia brow powder duo for when I'm doing Fancy Makeup.

I have been keeping a list of the suggestions here so thanks for yours!
Right now I am happy with IT cosmetics brow powder but I might switch down the road. I have been moisturizing my brows nightly with castor oil & they do seem to be growing a bit.
I have recently discovered MAC lipintensity lipstick which I adore! It stays on & doesn't dry out my lips. (applause!). I really love Smoked Almond which is a rich,neutral color especially good for old chicks like me. I also use it to freshen up my blush if I am out running around a lot & my cheeks look a bit blah. Just a dab on each cheek makes a world of difference.:D

IceAlisa

Lancome stopped making the Hydra Glow La Base primer (no wonder, what a terrible name) and it's a blessing in disguise. I picked up the Becca Backlight Priming Filter (another mouthful) and am finding it a wonderful replacement.

IceAlisa

I am having bronzer woes and hope this one works well for me.

It should be here today. :cheer2:
Check out NARS Laguna (I think?) liquid bronzer. I just add a little to BB/CC/ZZ cream when I want to go a little darker. You can totally control the amount

skategal

Bunny mama
Check out NARS Laguna (I think?) liquid bronzer. I just add a little to BB/CC/ZZ cream when I want to go a little darker. You can totally control the amount

How does it last on your face? And does it dry down nicely?

Most of my woes are related to the product disappearing once I apply it.

Blush and highlighter are fine but bronzer doesn't last at all. It's so weird.

I've tried applying different bronzers over different foundations with different brushes and then setting spray on top.

Not much is working. :confused:

Or if it does work, it is a color of bronzer that I don't prefer. :(

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I exercised control this time. :rofl:

I only got the Dr. Dennis Gross pads and a travel sized Hourglass bronzer in the shade Diffused Bronze Light.

I am having bronzer woes and hope this one works well for me.

It should be here today. :cheer2:

I was good too. :saint: Also the Dr. Dennis Gross pads, an amazing product that really does defrizz my hair (Living Proof) and a reasonably priced teal eyeliner (Natasha Denoma) and a really nice pink lipstick that DIDN'T cost $38 (I'm talking to you, Bobbi Brown.) It's Bare Minerals Love if anyone is looking for a good mid-pink with lots of moisturizer in it.

IceAlisa

How does it last on your face? And does it dry down nicely?
Because you add a few drops to your foundation or tinted moisturizer, the lasting effect depends on what you use. It's liquid so you add as much as you want to your every day color, mix and apply as you normally would apply your foundation.

skategal

Bunny mama
Because you add a few drops to your foundation or tinted moisturizer, the lasting effect depends on what you use. It's liquid so you add as much as you want to your every day color, mix and apply as you normally would apply your foundation.

Thanks! I'll have to look into it next time I'm at sephora.

I've used and liked Laguna bronzer in the powder format but feel it is a tad dark for my non-tanned skin so the liquid may be perfect.

IceAlisa

Thanks! I'll have to look into it next time I'm at sephora.

I've used and liked Laguna bronzer in the powder format but feel it is a tad dark for my non-tanned skin so the liquid may be perfect.
Yes! You get to have real control here, which is why I love it.

fan

I was good too. :saint: Also the Dr. Dennis Gross pads, an amazing product that really does defrizz my hair (Living Proof) and a reasonably priced teal eyeliner (Natasha Denoma) and a really nice pink lipstick that DIDN'T cost $38 (I'm talking to you, Bobbi Brown.) It's Bare Minerals Love if anyone is looking for a good mid-pink with lots of moisturizer in it.
What’s the living proof product?

oleada

It’s a spray defrizzer in a grey can. The fact that anything works in the tropical humidity we’ve been having amazes me.
The curly girl game is a struggle. My sad looking hair is begging for a break in this heat. Stepping into a subway station is like getting into a sauna.

quartz

scratching at the light
The curly girl game is a struggle. My sad looking hair is begging for a break in this heat. Stepping into a subway station is like getting into a sauna.
My hair has been up for the last 2 months straight - I don’t even know what state it’s really even in, I just want it off my neck. :shuffle:

Jenny

From the Bloc
I had a sample of Living Proof's shampoo and conditioner for frizzy hair, and it actually made it more frizzy than usual. I've liked some of their other products though, the repair line is quite good. Plus, you know, Jennifer Aniston :glamor:

I'm not big on leave-in hair product but two I find do the trick are Bumble + Bumble's anti-frizz gel when blow drying, and their Don't Blow It when air drying.

I spent my 20% mostly on stocking up on shampoo and conditioner :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information