Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

PDilemma

I have long lashes too. They often hit off the inside of the lens of my sunglasses.

I'm so glad I found Maybelline the Rocket mascara (waterproof) because it doesn't smudge on me at all, looks great and it is cheap.

If they ever discontinue it, I will buy a crate full. Lol!

It smudges for me.

My lashes hit lenses, too, whether I'm wearing my regular glasses, reading glasses or indoor or outdoor light protection. So annoying.

Peaches LaTour

I have long lashes, too. Black mascara can look over the top. And I have issues with it constantly smudging under my eyes. Someday, I'll find a mascara that doesn't do that. Don't suggest. I'm sure I've tried whatever you are going to suggest. I've tried a million...low end, high end, in-between. So mostly, I just don't bother.

I hear your misery. I have to be very careful not to look like Tammy Faye Baker did in her mascara heyday.

And for those of you who don't know who Tammy Faye Baker was, trust me when I say that you do not want to look like her in her mascara heyday.

Pixie lower lash brown mascara has worked ok for me for just daytime usage.

Not that I am offering any suggestions. :D

PDilemma

I hear your misery. I have to be very careful not to look like Tammy Faye Baker did in her mascara heyday.

And for those of you who don't know who Tammy Faye Baker was, trust me when I say that you do not want to look like her in her mascara heyday.

Pixie lower lash brown mascara has worked ok for me for just daytime usage.

Not that I am offering any suggestions. :D

That is actually one I have not tried in the approximately 27 years I have looked for the holy grail of mascara. :D

skategal

Bunny mama
I've heard good things about MAC extended play gigablack mascara specifically for lower lashes.

I haven't tried it. Maybe one day when I am in a spendy mood I'll splurge.

Clinique used to also have a nice mascara especially for lower lashes that they discontinued.

Peaches LaTour

That is actually one I have not tried in the approximately 27 years I have looked for the holy grail of mascara. :D

It is very, very light mascara. I use it on upper & lower lashes when I want something more than just clear mascara.

I also love the wand in this mascara which is small and easy for me to use.

And for everybody who wears mascara, please send your used, clean wands to WANDS FOR WILDLIFE. I save mine up & send them when I have 6. Check them out on the inernet.

Jenny

From the Bloc
For those concerned about smudging, it might not be the mascara that's the problem. If you have moist eyelids or under eye, or you use an eye cream or moisturizing concealer, any of the above might be the culprit. I suggest applying a light veil of fine powder before applying eye makeup, might do the trick.

Also, Sephora Rouge is currently 20% off, not sure if that means VIB bonus is on the way - I think there's usually at least one event before the holidays.

skategal

Bunny mama
Also, Sephora Rouge is currently 20% off, not sure if that means VIB bonus is on the way - I think there's usually at least one event before the holidays.

VIB is Nov 9-12 20% off with the code VIBBONUS
BI is Nov 16-19 15% off with the code BIBONUS

PDilemma

For those concerned about smudging, it might not be the mascara that's the problem. If you have moist eyelids or under eye, or you use an eye cream or moisturizing concealer, any of the above might be the culprit. I suggest applying a light veil of fine powder before applying eye makeup, might do the trick.

Been there. Heard that. Tried it. Still smudges.

skategal

Bunny mama
I know the culprit for me is my watery eyes.

I found some of the tubing mascaras I tried stayed on well but didn't give me enough volume.

Plus they were 4 times as much as the Maybelline The Rocket. Not worth it.

I will sometimes try to beat the Maybelline one and I have yet to find one that is better for my eye situation.

I have found a couple that tied but they are much more expensive, so why bother?

RockTheTassel

:rofl: at Tammy Faye Baker. I do okay with mascara, but I start to look like her if I try to add eyeliner.

Clinique used to also have a nice mascara especially for lower lashes that they discontinued.

The Clinique bottom lash mascara is back! It disappeared for a while, but I picked some up today at Sephora and see it's also available online. I'm so glad because it's the only mascara I'll use on my lower lashes.

In addition to the Clinique mascara, I also got Urban Decay all nighter setting spray, Origins charcoal honey mask, Laura Mercier creme smooth lipstick in Damask, a Laneige lip mask set, Bite Beauty agave lip mask in champagne (the BB lip masks are half price this week), and - my big splurge item - the ABH Sultry palette! :swoon: I've only done one look with Sultry so far, but I'm already in love. Definitely a major shopping spree, but I was lucky to get to go with my Rouge status friend.

I hope you all get to treat yourself during the Sephora sale. :)

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I have plenty of neutral shadows and I'm extremely sensitive to the red used in the mauve/purple/pink sets. Does anyone know if there's a decent gray/green/blue palette that's not too dark?

skategal

Bunny mama
I have plenty of neutral shadows and I'm extremely sensitive to the red used in the mauve/purple/pink sets. Does anyone know if there's a decent gray/green/blue palette that's not too dark?

I've not tried it but HUDA Beauty Precious Stones Sapphire Pallette is getting good reviews online. It's mostly blues with a couple of greens, one yellow and one grey.

ETA. The Kat Von D I Am Divine palette may work for you too. It has 2 blues, 2 greys, 1 green, 1 white, 1 cream, 1 black. It is getting good reviews and it is currently 40% off at Sephora.

Last edited:

Aceon6

I drove to Sephora today as several of the items I need were sold out online. I got the last Dior BB cream in my color, a mini Lashstash to Go, Vice creamy in Rapture (closest color to Backtalk), and, at @PRlady ’s recommendation, the YSL Touché Eclat foundation as they no longer carry Dior Star. Those, plus a bunch of little things, still set me back around $200, even with the discount. And I didn’t get any Dr Gross. Being tiffed is expensive!

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
My skin is getting better after dairy explosion. I am making peace that almond milk is what I am having in my occasional coffee/tea. I miss kefir and all sorts of yogurts.
God bless salacylic acid, vitamin C and Khiels midnight recovery oil.

My friend works for international airline is bringing me some around the world skincare and makeup. I am hoping for Japanese essences and SPF, eyeliner and something from Huda beauty. Maybe one of her mini eye shadow pallets.

skategal

Bunny mama
You have a great friend @kosjenka!

My husband has been in Asia for the past two weeks for work and someone from Korea gave him 10 sheet masks for me.

He tells me it is "oyster something" brightening masks. Should be fun. Hope i like them. :rofl:

Peaches LaTour

My skin is getting better after dairy explosion. I am making peace that almond milk is what I am having in my occasional coffee/tea. I miss kefir and all sorts of yogurts.
God bless salacylic acid, vitamin C and Khiels midnight recovery oil.

My friend works for international airline is bringing me some around the world skincare and makeup. I am hoping for Japanese essences and SPF, eyeliner and something from Huda beauty. Maybe one of her mini eye shadow pallets.

I wish your friend was my friend, too. :D:D:D:D:D

RockTheTassel

I just ordered the Sultry Pallette and a Drunk Elephant mini-kit.

Set me back $140. But I'm worth it. :lol:

I hope you love Sultry! It was the palette I took on a weekend trip recently - quickly a new favorite of mine.

Let us know how the Drunk Elephant products work for you. I got the Drunk Elephant "Littles" kit over the summer and I'm deciding whether or not to continue with the DE line. There are some holiday sets that are a great deal, so it would be a good time to replenish. And I do really like my skin after using the night serum and day serum religiously - improvements in texture and diminished acne scars. But my oh my, it's expensive. Much as I love it, I may have to search for a more affordable option.

skategal

Bunny mama
I hope you love Sultry! It was the palette I took on a weekend trip recently - quickly a new favorite of mine.

Let us know how the Drunk Elephant products work for you. I got the Drunk Elephant "Littles" kit over the summer and I'm deciding whether or not to continue with the DE line. There are some holiday sets that are a great deal, so it would be a good time to replenish. And I do really like my skin after using the night serum and day serum religiously - improvements in texture and diminished acne scars. But my oh my, it's expensive. Much as I love it, I may have to search for a more affordable option.

It arrived!

I wasn't expecting it until the 19th so wheeee!

I'm going away tomorrow for an extended long weekend and will probably take the Sultry with me. It's gorgeous.

I ordered the Drunk Elephant Rescue Party.

I was ordering quickly and wanted to make sure I got one with the Lala Whipped Retro moisturizer in it.

Lo and behold, it has a full sized in it so that is great.

I'll definitely report back on the Drunk Elephant products.

Aceon6

I can’t remember how long it’s been since we were discussing shoes, but Zappos now seems to carry both Naot and Ariat. I just got a pair of Ariat mules with an optional sling back. They’re awesome.

myhoneyhoney

I can’t remember how long it’s been since we were discussing shoes, but Zappos now seems to carry both Naot and Ariat. I just got a pair of Ariat mules with an optional sling back. They’re awesome.

I really like Naot sandals. They support my feet well. The’re my favorites to wear in summer.

Aceon6

The USPS didn’t deliver the VIB mailing in time. I let Sephora know and, voila, the 20% is valid for this weekend as well. If you missed anything, check FB or your email for the code.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Just got an email with the code ENJOY for VIB and Rouge. They might have different codes to try and track where they are coming from, but have at it :)

In addition to husband's skincare, I took the opportunity for a little pre-Christmas gift to myself and got the new Anastasia palette (the one with the bright orange that keeps calling to me) - I've only every used this brand's brushes, so curious to see how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information