Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

skategal

Bunny mama
I had to break out the cream bronzer, blusher and highlighter because my skin is so dry and irritated in the cold weather that my powder products make my face feel like it will crack and fall off. :mad:

The cream products don't look as nice as the powder ones do when my skin cooperates but we soldier on. :drama:

#ihopethiscoldsnapbreakssoon

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
So when Ulta had the 20% off coupon, I got a set of the magnetic lashes. They aren't really easier to put on than normal false lashes, but you also aren't getting glue all over the place and ruining your eyeshadow. However, I got the super dramatic pair, and they look a bit over the top. But, PL, you say, you are always over the top. Yes. Which should tell you how over the top these things are. :lol:

I will have to go get a more "normal" set for every day use.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
So when Ulta had the 20% off coupon, I got a set of the magnetic lashes. They aren't really easier to put on than normal false lashes, but you also aren't getting glue all over the place and ruining your eyeshadow. However, I got the super dramatic pair, and they look a bit over the top. But, PL, you say, you are always over the top. Yes. Which should tell you how over the top these things are. :lol:

I will have to go get a more "normal" set for every day use.

which brand?? and they actually work??

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I also blend 3 different products into my "foundation" including a CC cream that's much lighter than my skin tone, liquid bronzer, amount depending on how tanned I am and Becca liquid highlighter in Champagne. But I do not use my fingers to apply eye shadow. It looks very good on Maia though.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
@PrincessLeppard, thanks for the press-on nail recommendations. I just ordered a pair to see if I like them. I usually do my own nails, but got a gel manicure a few weeks ago, loved it, but cannot afford that on a regular basis. So I'll try these.

Meanwhile, makeup-wise, I'm concentrating on cruelty-free products. I'm so glad that Walgreens sells a few lines, so I'm trying out some No. 7 and some Sleek (which is in some but not all Walgreens). I got Sleek's shimmering highlight set which I am using as my eyeshadow and it looks really nice.

skategal

Bunny mama
So on the weekend I tried to use a sample of Hourglass Mattifying Foundation in the shade Nude.

I don't know what happened but when I put it on my face it oxidized so badly that I looked day glo orange! Like a Cheeto. :yikes:

I've never seen anything like that before in my whole life! :eek:

Thankfully, it happened immediately and I could wipe it off and start over. Sheesh...

Add that to me dropping my mascara in the toilet yesterday and having none to wear to work today :wuzrobbed (I felt naked!) and it's been a hard week on makeup around here. :wall: :slinkaway

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
my eye infection is creeping up on me ao no eye makeup or contacts for 10 days. will have to compensate with amazing brows and daring lipolour. Am going with Heroine by MAC today.

skategal

Bunny mama
my eye infection is creeping up on me ao no eye makeup or contacts for 10 days. will have to compensate with amazing brows and daring lipolour. Am going with Heroine by MAC today.

Have you watched this video from pixiwoo? :40beers:

She uses MAC Heroine lipliner in one of the looks and tries 3 very bold lips with light eyes.

I own UD Blackmail that she tries in the video. I must remember to pull it out to use this week. :respec:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIRAP1D0q10

IceAlisa

Oh that sucks, skategal!

Has anyone tried the tarte shape tape foundation?
Yes! I am a proud owner of the Hydrating one. Love it. I refuse to wear anything matte at my age because to me matte=dry=old.
I don’t use Dr. Gross peels to look dry. I want GLOW!

Beware,the foundation does not have SPF, important for everyone but especially for us Dr. Gross aficionados

oleada

Yes! I am a proud owner of the Hydrating one. Love it. I refuse to wear anything matte at my age because to me matte=dry=old.
I don’t use Dr. Gross peels to look dry. I want GLOW!

Beware,the foundation does not have SPF, important for everyone but especially for us Dr. Gross aficionados

I have oily skin so for me the glow, as you call it, is a bit worrisome since that usually means oil. I use Estée Lauder which is more matte, and use the Becca highlighter to create more glow. But I love the Shape Tape so much that I might try the foundation anyway. I have a Japanese sunblock that has 50SPF every day.

Snark: I got tan on vacation and now my foundation is way too light...

IceAlisa

I have oily skin so for me the glow, as you call it, is a bit worrisome since that usually means oil. I use Estée Lauder which is more matte, and use the Becca highlighter to create more glow. But I love the Shape Tape so much that I might try the foundation anyway. I have a Japanese sunblock that has 50SPF every day.

Snark: I got tan on vacation and now my foundation is way too light...
I still say give it a try. Oily skin needs hydration too. Hang on to your receipt in case it doesn't work out.

oleada

I still say give it a try. Oily skin needs hydration too. Hang on to your receipt in case it doesn't work out.

Absolutely! I use moisturizer morning and night.

I will give it a try for sure. I’ll try to stop by Ulta tomorrow or Friday.

Hindernisse

Recently discovered Kiko Milano make-up. Spent around 25 EUR and got myself a lipstick, a blush in a stick (my skin is dehydrated after winter, so hate the feeling of compact ones lately), an eye pencil & a brow brush. The lipstick is amazing, not drying and it lasts!!! The packaging is quite fancy for the budget. Valentina Marchei uses their products apparently as well. So would recommend checking it out (especially to those who go to Milan next week). ;)

clairecloutier

I recently discovered this product, which is supposed to help with redness/ruddy skin: Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Correcting Cream. This cream gets rave reviews on the Sephora web site. After using it for a week, I pretty much agree, I think it's the best thing I've found yet to cope with redness/mild rosacea. Before this, I was using a combination of concealer and sheer foundation. But this cream on its own gives better redness coverage than those 2 products combined. I'd recommend it.

I've been continuing to experiment with Deciem products. After trying both their Hylamide Sub-Q Anti-Age and The Ordinary Buffet serums, I feel like my skin does look a bit better with the more expensive Hylamide. I do see a bit of a difference. They also have a new & improved Vitamin C cream out that I've been using. Their first Vitamin C cream was annoyingly gritty and grainy, but this one goes on smoothly.

I finally decided to buy a box of Dr. Gross daily peel treatment after hearing so many raves about it! I haven't started using it yet; I figured I'd use up my current exfoliator first. I am a little worried whether the Dr. Gross peels will cause more redness; I bought the extra-gentle version to be on the safer side.

oleada

So, I’ve been using Tarte Shape Tape Foundation for about a week now. It’s the hydrating one, but it definitely doesn’t make me feel oily or shiny (though who knows in the summer). I still prefer Estée Lauder Double Wear which has become my holy grail foundation. It just provides better coverage. So I may return it and repurchase the Double wear, if I can find my receipt :shuffle: still love the Shape Tape as concealer, though.

skategal

Bunny mama
I'm definitely going to have to try that Bye Bye Redness Cream. Thanks for the recommendation @clairecloutier.

I'm not quite sure how this happened but when Shoppers Drugmart merged their rewards card with the PC Optimum card, somehow (maybe Shoppers was offered 2 for 1?) I ended up with $150 of credit at either Shoppers Drugmart or Loblaws/Superstore. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am trying to decide what cosmetics/skin care to get from my $150. :40beers:

Like was there ever a chance I would use my credit for groceries?!?!? :saint: :rofl:

IceAlisa

Ladies and gents, try to make your skin as good as possible so you only need a little coverage, not a lot. Especially in the summer, nude skin! (or nude-looking, anyway) and don't forget your SPF. Shape Tape foundation doesn't have any.

Dr. Dennis Gross is your ticket to flawless skin. But again, since it's a chemical peel, mind your SPF.

PDilemma

I'm actually in the mood to quit Sephora. For the third time, I made a special trip there to buy foundation and they had every shade but mine (in fact, the drawer under the display had at least five extra of every other shade--if it sells out that quickly, stock more in that color!). So I ordered it online. For reasons they will not explain, it took five days to ship. So I ran out and ended up using tinted moisturizer every day and looking like crap.

I also added a 100 point Beauty Insider gift to my order. It was not in the box. I ordered three samples. Not in the box. I sent an email to customer service requesting that the 100 points be credited back to my account and noting that I got no samples. I got an automated reply back explaining to me that not all samples are in stock, too bad. Whatever. I don't care that much. I want my points back. Sent a second email not mentioning the samples and asking for my points back. I got the same automated email about samples not always being in stock. I suspect I'm never getting my points back.

My last online order, they sent the wrong color lipstick. I didn't hate it so I kept it. Also no samples in that one either as it was free shipping until I added them and once I added them popped up as the 2 day expensive shipping no matter how many times I tried to change it. So I took them off the order.

If I can find a better place to purchase the stuff I use, I probably will. Enough's enough.

skategal

Bunny mama
I sent an email to customer service requesting that the 100 points be credited back to my account and noting that I got no samples. I got an automated reply back explaining to me that not all samples are in stock, too bad. Whatever. I don't care that much. I want my points back. Sent a second email not mentioning the samples and asking for my points back. I got the same automated email about samples not always being in stock. I suspect I'm never getting my points back.

That sucks about your points and the crappy customer service.

Try calling them on the phone. I've found them to be much better on the phone.

I've gotten replacement packages sent to me and refunds for lost items no questions asked if I call them.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I watched a beauty video on YouTube and was inspired to try the Huda Faux Filter foundation. It's full coverage (I love full coverage...) and lasts and lasts and lasts. HOWEVER it oxides fast. Order a full shade lighter than you would usually wear. Thankfully, I had the IT CC cream foundation that was too light, so I mix them together. (The IT CC cream was supposed to be full coverage, but I found it to be medium at best. And I'm blotchy; I need that crap covered.)

I think it's only available at Sephora online, so if you have issues with ordering from them (I never have), it may not be for you.

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I have cut and pasted some of your recommendations for upcoming trip. :). Thanks, ladies.

I also have an appointment for Restylane in NY. It’s been three years but I’m meeting my new colleagues in person in DC and am admittedly desperate not to look my age. I’m only going for lip line filler because the rest of me is ok except for sun damage which can’t be helped.

I really don’t care as much as I used to about aging, a happy marriage will do that, but appearances must be preserved. :drama:

PDilemma

I think it's only available at Sephora online, so if you have issues with ordering from them (I never have), it may not be for you.

I never had until my last two orders. I'm also fed up that they won't adequately stock my foundation color in the store. It's Nebraska, FFS, there's plenty of shoppers with light skin and apparently they are all buying it up as fast as it gets in. Stock your store accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information