German Skating News 2017/2018

J

Jeschke

How is it possible to post as fast as you?
:cat:

The Olympic race seems to be totally open again?!? I have never expected that.
The only race that seems to be totally open is the race of Bruno for his passport (and this should be no encouragement to start the discussion all over again :drama:) :EVILLE:

To be fair, this is H/S only chance and I guess one they would not really like to take.
Their best points counting are lower than the the best and 2nd best result of H/B, so in theory it's all open, in reality, the spot seems 97% gone.

Update of #olympicrace after Fentz skated.

Sabine-Yuna

Olympic
Hase/Seegert (167.72) won against Hocke/Blommaert (161,95) today. The Olympic race seems to be totally open again?!? I have never expected that.

Both pairs had a main error at the SBS jumps. Hocke looked very disappointed in the Kiss and Cry. Their PCS were definitly low.

Hase/Seegert performed a really stong 3T+3T+Seq but he fell on the 3S. Their weak lifts at the end are something to talk about. His physical skills are too weak! Please, send Nolan to a hill in Berlin and let him run up 1000 times!
Olympic race open???? No way that HS could overrun HB. Look at the points!

S

SmallFairy

I like both pairs, but I have a soft spot for Hase/Seegert. Great to see they met the criteria and got a medal! :cheer2:

And give Fentz that Olympic spot alright! :mitchell: He earned it for Germany at worlds last year. No one (few...) believed he could but he proved them wrong, and he's skating good enough now. Liebers hasn't been doing useful stuff for how long? Streubel retired. What is the German fed waiting for? Lime Tree Man coming out of retirement?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Ouch, rough outing by Fentz in Warsaw.
Hard falls on the quad and triple axel. Additional pops and last 90sec totally outta breath :(
180,84pts , 7th place, won't help him towards the #olympicrace and will be for sure a delete result.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Update on #olympicrace

Men:
594,60 Paul Fentz (CS FIN 212,16; GP CAN 201,60; CS POL 180,84)
404,48 Peter Liebers (CS CAN 207,89; CS BLR 196,59)*

Ladies:
502,73 Nicole Schott (GP FRA 172,39; GP RUS 168,72; CS BLR 161,62)
155,85 Nathalie Weinzierl (CS GER 155,85)
150,38 Lea Johanna Dastich (CS ITA 150,38)
135,88 Lutricia Bock (CS BLR 135,88)*

Pairs:
2nd place GP CAN Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot
514,96 Annika Hocke / Ruben Blommaert (CS GER 180,37; CS BLR 172,64; CS POL 161,95)
456,26 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (CS POL 167,72; CS BLR 153,16; CS FIN 135,38)

Ice Dance:
298,58 Kavita Lorenz / Joti Polizoakis (CS GER 152,50; GP CAN 146,08)
289,10 Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck (CS POL 150,14; CS BLR 138,96)
272,50 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (CS SVK 136,98; CS BLR 135,52)*
257,02 Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan (CS FIN 128,59; CS BLR 128,43)*

---

Next weekend we have showdowns at CS EST:
- Schott vs. Weinzierl vs. Dastich (bad result for Weinzierl and she is out)
- Fentz vs. Liebers
- last chance for U/S to meet the criteria

sandra_persch

[QUOTE="SmallFairy, post: 5189641, member: What is the German fed waiting for?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully just for de DOSB to approve the nomination. - remember ist not the german fed whio nominates the team.

J

Jeschke

Streubel is still entered for Golden spin; his subs are Liebers, Fentz and Dimitrescu.
As both Liebers and Fentz have 3 challengers until then, will we see Dimitrescu?

And what happens in the (unlikely) event he delivers big time, with big score and can repeat that at nationals? He only has 2 events counting...but it's all theory, let's wait and see if and if, how, he skates there.

Dobre

Lorenz & Polizoakis, Muller & Dieck, and Koch & Nuchtern are all scheduled to go head-to-head at Golden Spin.

Catherine M

Lorenz & Polizoakis, Muller & Dieck, and Koch & Nuchtern are all scheduled to go head-to-head at Golden Spin.

Hopefully the camera equipment isn't broken again so that annoying notice about panning too fast doesn't keep popping up during the big dance battle with the German and Spanish teams.

J

Jeschke

Fentz is off the roster at Tallinn. :huh:
In an #olympicrace that close I would have guessed he would skate any chance possible, if he is not sick.
Any news why he withdrew?

S

SmallFairy

Fentz is off the roster at Tallinn. :huh:
In an #olympicrace that close I would have guessed he would skate any chance possible, if he is not sick.
Any news why he withdrew?
Nooooo!! Hope it's nothing serious!
#fentzforkorea

J

Jeschke

Ah, Lorenz/Polizoakis feel the pressure of #olympicrace.
56,04pts in the SD. Skotnicky immediately mentioned some mistake as they came of the ice (which was not obvious for my ice-dance-no-teknik-eye :D); he showed them his clock to hinting on time violation, and they got a deduction later. These are points they should not lose right now.
They seemed more on fire in everything, but the patterns looked very tentative and focused.

J

Jeschke

55,84pts for Urban/Steffan in Tallinn :respec::encore:
Very close to L/P but seemed fine for me today, as they were on fire and presented the SD in a great way.
I hope they can, for once, skate 2 clean programs in a row and get the criteria at least. Good job!

J

Jeschke

'Big' score of 74,14pts for Peter in Tallinn.
Kinda overscored in the PCS (almost 36pts) imho.

(((Fentz)))

#olympicrace :watch:

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I knew I opened a bottle of wine for a reason :cheer2: Now they've released all that stress, they can hopefully kick some butts.

rfisher

Let the skating begin

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information