German Skating News 2017/2018

J

Jeschke

The updates includes a "GP" mark for Liebers and none for Fentz?
Seems like a mistake, should be the way around.

According to the wording in the news section of DEU it was an additional competition for Nicole, so not one of the qualifiers each athlete had to sign up for in August.
Sorry german fed, this really sucks. Not in Nicoles actual case, as I can't see Dastich surpassing her at Zagreb and nationals. And if so, I would be so :soapbox:
But Fentz is a great example: you get a late-entry-GP as reward of your good last season and then have to chose if you are going for that reward (not knowing how the pcs will play out for you on the big stage) or at maybe some overscored challenger (because of the race).

J

Jeschke

Kreitmeier/Kempf (alongside Streubel, Gierok and Peterka) have been removed from the entry list of nationals.
After their last really bad competiton in Graz I fear the worst.
Do we have updates, info on that?

J

Jeschke

So, after the season is already going on for 2 months, german fed published the criteria for olympics:
https://eislauf-union.de/files/user...INAL(3)-24.08.2017.pdf?jsn_mobilize_preview=1

No news here; skaters had to decide (and sign that on paper :p ) until August 31th, which competitions they skate; so I guess Tallinn wasn't on the list back then for Schott and therefore does not count.

In the unlikely event, that some skaters have excatly the same points of the 3 best competitions, the 4th competition will be added. If one of those skaters had no 4th competition, they compare the results of the last 2 skated events by each skater. (In theory, there could still be a tie, but they don't go any further :p)

And as usual, but this time in bold: 'German fed can make exceptional calls.' :shuffle:

J

Jeschke

Bock has been crossed out of Zagreb. Is she injured again/still?
(Weinzierl did not get her spot)

So, she is officially outta the euros and olympic race.
Hope she 1) heals completely 2) and if so, bounces back for the #juniorsrace

clairecloutier

Cross-posting from the Pairs Discussion Thread:

Savchenko/Massot announced that they'll return to last year's "That Man" SP for the Grand Prix Final. They will then decide later which short program to use for the Olympics.

http://www.sportschau.de/winterspor...-prix-finale-nagoya-savchenko-massot-100.html

The decision was made because Bruno is more comfortable with last year's short program. In their Europe on Ice interview last week, they said that it was Aliona who suggested this year's flamenco music, and that Bruno was initially skeptical, but agreed to try it. So I guess this decision doesn't come out of nowhere.

Quadjump

I agree. I think there has always been the plan B to go to back to Caro Emerald.

After the PCS were not that high at GP Aljona gave in.

Hope they will stay with their decision and do not create a new SP. They need to be clean in the SP and this is not very likely with so many program changes!

There is a bit of issue about the pair spin. It does not really fit to the fast music structure at the end. We will see.

Dobre

I think it's not a bad idea.

I loved the That Man SP with John Kerr's choreography for Savchenko & Massot. The flamenco, though, always makes me miss Sui & Han's Spanish SP from 2015-16 and wish that S&M could execute their footwork more precisely on the music. But repeats often grow tired so testing the waters would be fine.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I think it's an excellent idea. He just doesn't have the finesse to skate to the Flamenco. As he's the weakest link, they need to play to his strengths. She can skate to anything. They can't lose points in the SP and have to make them up in the FS. They need to be able to maximize all points possible in order to win against the Chinese. This weekend will be a good test.

Quadjump

Same procedure as every Olympic season;)

Nevertheless it is a pity that the flamenco is gone, because it is such a brilliant piece of skating. But it did not excuse any mistakes.

Caro Emerald is such a fun program. It should give them high PCS anyway and it seperates itself out in contrast to Sui/Han's halleluja.

J

Jeschke

Same procedure as every Olympic season;)
I cannot recall music switches 2002 nor 2006 for Aliona :COP::D

While I was very :drama::wall::yikes: about ditching 'You'll never walk alone' 2009/10 and 'When Winter comes' 2013/14, I would be happy if they would switch now and remain with 'That man'. For me personally, the flamenco does not work for both of them, not for Bruno, not for Aliona.

sanni

Does anyone of you have a link to the results from the Golden Spin in Zagreb?
I can’t find it :confused:

J

Jeschke

Empress leading :glamor::respec:

Time to cross fingers now for K/N to meet the criteria in Zagreb.
I am ready for the dance battle!
:watch:

J

Jeschke

Zagreb #olympicrace updates :watch:

Mueller/Dieck 61,84pts (7th)
Lorenz/Polizoakis 60,02pts (10th)
Koch/Nuechtern 56,72pts (12th)

This will get intense. Can't wait. :watch:
I am fine with the result. M/D looked way more secure/sharpe in the patterns.
You saw the pressure on Kavita's face in knc. Oh boy. Nationals will be all :drama:

So we have 4 good dance couples. We seriously do need 2 spots at euros, though I have no idea how we should get them :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

More Zagreb news: Schott sits in 5th (55,91pts), Dastich with 51,77pts (maybe in 6th? lost track).

Schott looked very slow and tired. Fall on the loop. I guess she had too many competitions the last few weeks. I hope she can somehow make it through the free and be ready for her national title next week. she deserves that this season.

Dastich with 3f3t, 3lo, 2a, I guess we get the usual edge call and the pcs cannot have been that high. Still, she is pretty solid this season and deserves that 2nd euros spot. German Fed you better do not mess up and rely on exceptional rules here.

J

Jeschke

I guess I just don't get ice dance anymore. To me L&P are so superior to M&D that it's not even close, but the judging/results say otherwise. I was mystified by how low their PCS at Skate Canada were compared to other teams.
Hm, I think L/P are unfortunately looking really cautious and laboured the last 3 competitions. As a dance team, they look better to my eye, but for me, you can't deny, M/D worked their asses off and are getting the reward for it now.

I can't wait for nationals; I did not think it would get that close in dance and men.

J

Jeschke

Golden Spin updates :
Schott came in 4th with 167,36pts, Dastich 7th with 157,44pts.

Both have a really great and solid season and deserve their spot at euros and olympics (schott).
Nici with a start of 155pts in Nice, followed by 5 competitions 160+; what an improvement to last season :respec:
Dastich needs to work on PCS, but she is really solid this season. Good job girl!

Special thanks once more @Braulio for uploading the videos of the german girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information