German Skating News 2017/2018

J

Jeschke

Does anybody know if the dance team that gets the olympic spot will also get the place at worlds? I’m not sure if I will go there and the ice dance pair will make the choice for me
When the team making it to euros (=olympics) will finish Top12, they get the world spot;
otherwise there will be a special meeting to decide about the worlds entry.

I don't expect L/P finish Top12, but imho they have to fail big time at euros and olympics, while m/d are shining late in the season, for some reconsidering.

sandra_persch

Really sad for K/N that they still not reached 137 points. That’ll make it more and more difficult for them to have a chance to get the olympic spot. But you are right, it really looks like that Lorenz/Polizoakis get the spot

Does anybody know if the dance team that gets the olympic spot will also get the place at worlds? I’m not sure if I will go there and the ice dance pair will make the choice for me

The criteria say something about Top 12 at Euros.

figureskatingforlife

When the team making it to euros (=olympics) will finish Top12, they get the world spot;
otherwise there will be a special meeting to decide about the worlds entry.

I don't expect L/P finish Top12, but imho they have to fail big time at euros and olympics, while m/d are shining late in the season, for some reconsidering.

Shining late in the season? Definetly not at nationals and at the Universiade last season lol. They were falling and falling.

Bodyguard is growing on me but the difference in speed between them and L/P is huge. That serpentine went on and on forever... and in general the first 3 mins of their program there’s no speed or action. Not even really in the fast part they pick up the speed. Is there a video of K/N. Much more interested in them :p

Also I think TOP 12 is possible this year for L/P. Usually in the Olympic season some of the tops are not doing Europeans because it’s so close to the Olympics and they just beat 2 teams who were ahead of them last season.

And the fact that Diva Schott got a second GP gives me life!

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Looks like Katharina Gierok is still skating. She is listed for Westfalen Cup this weekend
Gierok scored 96,28pts in total :shuffle:

On a positive note; she had a better score than the current pewter medal finisher of nationals at her jgp this season.

J

Jeschke

Now it's getting dubious :shuffle:
Schott can't skate Warsaw (due to GP FRA) and is now entered for CS in Tallinn.
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108247.htm
Tallinn was not on her CS schedule.
Will she get 2 GP + 3 CS + nationals while Weinzierl gets 2 CS + nationals? :huh:
Or will she be removed from Zagreb, so Weinzierl will get 3 CS?

J

Jeschke

Even more strange, as Tallinn seems to be the same date as Shanghai Trophy :huh:

Sabine-Yuna

Will she get 2 GP + 3 CS + nationals while Weinzierl gets 2 CS + nationals? :huh:
This would imply that every skater who gets a GP on their scheduled CS event will get one more CS to have 3 as everyone. This seems to be fair and so Fentz would also get one more CS event because he couldn't go to Minsk. The rules for not going to your scheduled CS event due to sickness or injury might be different.

J

Jeschke

This would imply that every skater who gets a GP on their scheduled CS event will get one more CS to have 3 as everyone. This seems to be fair and so Fentz would also get one more CS event because he couldn't go to Minsk. The rules for not going to your scheduled CS event due to sickness or injury might be different.
We might see that, when Fentz appears on the Zagreb roster (or Schott not) :watch:

sandra_persch

At least this time around they named substitutes.

J

Jeschke

Do we know which skaters will do Leo Scheu Memorial and Ice Challenge next week.
So the entries, even in the juniors are not very exciting.
None of the german top junior chicks. When does Bocks #missionjrworlds start? :D

But happy to see Daniel Shapiro in junior men :encore:

sandra_persch

So the entries, even in the juniors are not very exciting.
None of the german top junior chicks. When does Bocks #missionjrworlds start? :D

After she has given up on Euros and the olympics? But with CHS POL the week after I didnt expect to ser her entered here. But where is Marold competing next?

J

Jeschke

I am kinda confused, as skaters like Helleken (Prague) and Gurdzhi (Riga) are skating this weekend somehwere else than at IceChallenge in Graz.
Both events are not listed on the DEU-Beschickungsliste and therefore should not count towards the #raceforjuniorworlds.
:huh:

J

Jeschke

I can't find any dates for NRW-Trophy. Neither for dance nor singles & pairs. Only for SYS.
Is there no 'classic' NRW Trophy anymore? :eek::huh:

sanni

This year there will be no trophy for dance and single & pair. Maybe next year, but that’s not sure.
I’m also not sure where I have read it but I think it was an article in the “Pirouette”.

J

Jeschke

Jonathan Hess with great SP at LeoScheuMemorial.
67,87pts.
Brings him back in the #juniorsrace
Great triple axel :respec:

I still want the jeans and the simple black shirt back. The new all black, sparkle thing does neither fit him nor the music!
:mitchell:

lizafan

The olympic dreams of a whole nation rest on a few sheets of paper. Tomorrow Bruno is taking his language test.
Let's collectively keep our fingers crossed and wish him for tomorrow a good sense for accusative, conditional and passive clauses.

(And no, dear fans of Fabienne and Nolan, don't even think of that.)

S

SmallFairy

Go Bruno!!!!!! You can do it!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

(Did soneone write earlier that this is his last try, as he has failed two times?:eek: Don't take my word for it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information