German Skating News 2017/2018

Quadjump

Hocke/Blommaert´s skates did not arrive on time after the flight to minsk. They could not practice today. I hope everything is fine now and it will not affect their performance tomorrow.

J

Jeschke

Update on Weinzierl
https://www.facebeok.com/Nathalie-Weinzierl-265438720291136/

She had to withdraw from Minsk due to injury.
She mentioned further, that she has only the CS in Tallinn and nationals left counting towards the #olympicrace.

So no exception for her :shuffle: Don't know what to think about Bock getting 3 challengers after having pulled out of Nebelhorn and Weinzierl remaining with 2 only. Is there no chance to get her on the Warsaw roster? :huh:

sandra_persch

Update on Weinzierl
https://www.facebeok.com/Nathalie-Weinzierl-265438720291136/

She had to withdraw from Minsk due to injury.
She mentioned further, that she has only the CS in Tallinn and nationals left counting towards the #olympicrace.

So no exception for her :shuffle: Don't know what to think about Bock getting 3 challengers after having pulled out of Nebelhorn and Weinzierl remaining with 2 only. Is there no chance to get her on the Warsaw roster? :huh:

My only guess would be that Bock never agreed to do Nebelhorn in the first place but the Fed entered her anyways.
My money is still on Nici to get the Olympic ticket :D

J

Jeschke

My only guess would be that Bock never agreed to do Nebelhorn in the first place but the Fed entered her anyways.
Yeah, my assumption too.

My money is still on Nici to get the Olympic ticket :D
My hopes too, of course :drama:
I just hope it is a fair process and leaves no bitter taste behind in the end. The best thing to do so is if Schott just skates lights out today in Minsk and at nationals :D

J

Jeschke

Minsk updates:
Schott sits in 4th (57,70pts), Bock in 14th (46,37pts) after the SP.
No videos, no protocols for now.

Hocke/Blommaert stabilizing their status as GER#2 placing 2nd with 59,58pts.
Hase/Seegert keeping their chances in the #olympicrace somehow alive with a good score of 55,38pts (3rd) .

Gurdzhi sits in 5th (52,27pts) in the junior men.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabine-Yuna

Minsk updates:
Schott sits in 4th (57,70pts), Bock in 14th (46,37pts) after the SP.
No videos, no protocols for now.

Gurdzhi sits in 5th (52,27pts) in the junior men.
Protocols of Minsk are in. Schott obviously struggled with the loop again, but at least she did a 3Lo, but got -3 and -2. Some problems with the axel too it seems.

sanni

Ice Dance results from Minsk:

Katharina MULLER / Tim DIECK 55.62
Jennifer URBAN / Benjamin STEFFAN 52.71
Shari KOCH / Christian NUCHTERN 51.68

I’m looking forward to the skate from Kavita and Joti in Regina, even if it is not comparable.

Last edited:

sanni

Olympic race in ice dance:

Skate Canada:
Lorenz/Polizoakis: 146,08

Minsk
Müller/Dieck: 138,96
Koch/Nüchtern: 135,52
Urban/Steffan: 128,43

For now only L/P and M/D have got the quota from the DEU.

J

Jeschke

Olympic race in ice dance:
The dilemma is seen if we just look at the national inner rankings for Minsk:

M/D: SD 1. / FD 2.
K/N: SD 3./FD 1.
U/S: SD 2./FD 3.

Even if L/P did not develop the way I would have liked them to (for now), the other 3 just seem not to be solid enough on a high note.

But in this intense situation, I would like to share this great post of Shari before the FD, where the pressure was really on for them:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bayou9QFCyr/?hl=de&taken-by=shari_ko
Loved that :swoon:
#together

J

Jeschke

I will update the #olympicrace and the #juniorsrace after Minsk is finished tomorrow :respec:

figureskatingforlife

It’s quite shocking to see that K/N have not managed for the second time in the row to get the Olympic standard points. That’s something I would not expect them to have a struggle with and 137 p... is now really not to much to get.
Lucky M/D but I believe they’d like also to see a higher score. Their score in Nice and Minsk were very similar and it’s not a very high score.
L/P’s Free Dance is a beautiful program and they skated it beautifully in Skate Canada. On the opposite, i didn’t like the SD there. They seemed completely off... especially him - maybe nervosity. At the end they’re still for me the team who are the most consistent and actually showing some higher scores. 146 is not their highest score but again you can’t compare a Grand Prix to a Challenger.
If they keep doing what they do, I think they are on a safe way to the Olympics.

Nicole is set in my opinion. There’s no different girl even close to her. Done deal!

In the men’s race I have to say I secretly hope Paul to get it. His jumps are beautiful and he shows some consistency. I like his skating a lot better than Peter’s.

text_skate

After watching all German teams in Regina on youtube, I think the results aren't bad: None of the teams were last, L/P also garnered WS points and S/M hold on to 2nd.

L/P had great twizzles, but lost points on other elements because of low levels. Here's some work to do.
Paul was almost clean, less nervous than I expected, but towards the end of his routine (FS) he's almost out of stamina.
As for S/M, I was glad, they played it save ATh-wise. They lost about 10 points with their (Bruno's) jumps. With the jumps and all level 4 they are competitive, even without that 3ATh. Their lifts are so amazing. This time I liked the FS more than at Nebelhorn. The routine is so demanding, that they are still quite finished at the end of it. At SCI I had the impression, they had more stamina (as the season progresses). At Nebelhorn I feared, Bruno will collapse at the end of the routine (which he clearly didn't).
I'm looking forward what they will work on with Christopher Dean.

Accoring to this article https://www.handelsblatt.com/eiskun...-massot-zweite-bei-skate-canada/20517612.html Aliona heavily fell on the 3ATh last week.

J

Jeschke

Side note: I liked Fentz in Canada, of course his stamina was as bad as always;
I am curious for Peter this afternoon; I would dislike seeing him scoring higher (PCS) because it's a challenger;
I hate to see Paul had to chose between GP and potential big scores at challengers. I think he should get another challenger. Just wanted to say!

J

Jeschke

#olympicrace update:

Men:
413,76 Paul Fentz (CS FIN 212,16; GP CAN 201,60)
404,48 Peter Liebers (CS CAN 207,89; CS BLR 196,59)*

Ladies:
330,34 Nicole Schott (GP RUS 168,72; CS BLR 161,62)
155,85 Nathalie Weinzierl (CS GER 155,85)
150,38 Lea Johanna Dastich (CS ITA 150,38)
135,88 Lutricia Bock (CS BLR 135,88)*

Pairs:
2nd place GP CAN Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot

353,01 Annika Hocke / Ruben Blommaert (CS GER 180,37; CS BLR 172,64)
288,54 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (CS BLR 153,16; CS FIN 135,38)*

Ice Dance:
298,58 Kavita Lorenz / Joti Polizoakis (CS GER 152,50; GP CAN 146,08)
272,50 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (CS SVK 136,98; CS BLR 135,52)*
257,02 Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan (CS FIN 128,59; CS BLR 128,43)*
138,96 Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck (CS BLR 138,96)
---
* not met olympic standards
bold - spot ensured

I somehow hoped the race would be a bit more dramatic; it seems pretty obvious in ladies, pairs and dance. Just the men bring a bit of suspense. A bit.

---

#juniorrace update:

Men:
166,63 Dennis Gurdzhi (Ice Star Minsk)
166,55 Jonathan Hess (JGP AUT)
160,01 Isaak Droysen (JGP LAT)
118,73 Kai Jagoda (JGP ITA)

Ladies:
146,55 Lea Johanna Dastich (JGP CRO)
128,02 Ann-Christin Marold (JGP POL)
120,88 Lutricia Bock (Cup of Nice)
102,12 Franziska Kettl (Cup of Nice)
88,24 Kristina Isaev (JGP LAT)

Pairs:
138,64 Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel (JGP POL)

Ice Dance
110,60 Sabrina Bittner / Andrej Lebed (International Halloween Cup)
109,50 Ria Schwendinger / Valentin Wunderlich (JGP CRO)*
102,88 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (Ice Star Minsk)*
102,28 Charise Matthaei / Maximilian Pfisterer (JGP LAT)*

J

Jeschke

According to herself on instagram Nicole gets a spot at the Trophee de France in three weeks. I believe France is not useing its third spot.

This is good news! I think the Olympic women's race has come to a close. Who the hell would ditch an athlete who competed twice at GP?
You beat me on that :D

It was Gold's spot, not a host spot, but either way, great for Schott! I hope she can build momentum and gain lots of confidence out of this!

J

Jeschke

A shame the German fed didnt enter Weinzierl as sub for Warsaw. Its not right to punish skaters for illness or injury if they could do an alternate CHS
I agree!
Either way the original scheduled plan is totally strict for everybody or kinda 'loose' for everybody.
Right now it seems kinda, ehm, strange.

sanni

Really sad for K/N that they still not reached 137 points. That’ll make it more and more difficult for them to have a chance to get the olympic spot. But you are right, it really looks like that Lorenz/Polizoakis get the spot

Does anybody know if the dance team that gets the olympic spot will also get the place at worlds? I’m not sure if I will go there and the ice dance pair will make the choice for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information