From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebraswan

Plushenko also has a baby at home. So does Elena. Why is Julia expected to stay holed up at home and not anyone else? Life has been going on and will continue to go on. If they would have just followed the basic protocols from the beginning, that would have prevented a lot of problems. Apparently Plushenko just recently discovered how masks work, so hopefully there won't be more cases at his school.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
You named Lipnitskaya as a reason for your concern. But you don’t seem to be able to provide any solution. All you keep repeating is that there are always choices and solutions. But you haven’t provided any. All you provided is an example how some other Russian coaches are behaving irresponsibly. So what do you suggest Lipnitskaya and the millions of women with young children all over the world do? Start printing the money? Start stealing? Have just air for their dinner? Go grazing? The winter is coming, so there won’t be much grass around... Be specific, I want to hear your solution for all those women who (despite taking all the precautions) are risking up to certain level.
I think you did not the...read the last part of my post. Think about how many people would pay to have. Zoom conversation with Lipnitskaya for a zoom lesson once a week. I would and I don't even skate.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Yep. Equally concerned. And there is always a solution.
That’s where Grandma-Babushka can play a big role! 👵 Most of my colleagues with kids who have to work outside the house (greater Washington, DC) are leaving the kids with Grandparents...long-term temporary solution. (For ex, my next-door neighbors in Arlington, VA, sent their children to grandparents in WVa until the YKW is over.) Creating a safety pod within an extended family can be done.

I know of same thing in the Russian side of my family - the kids of the physician (my sis-in-law) are living with one of the Babushkas many km away. Sacrifices for safety. The YKW isn’t going to last forever...and Babushka is soooo happy. Imagine.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Plushenko also has a baby at home. So does Elena. Why is Julia expected to stay holed up at home and not anyone else? Life has been going on and will continue to go on. If they would have just followed the basic protocols from the beginning, that would have prevented a lot of problems. Apparently Plushenko just recently discovered how masks work, so hopefully there won't be more cases at his school.
The Plushenko part has me in stitches. LOL.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Let’s get back to our Russian ladies instead of focusing on moronic posts from certain posters

Tinami Amori

Some news...

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva says she is now healthy again (got over XYZ and penumonia), got her sense of smell back, ready to enjoy sushi.

Elizaveta Tursynbaeva was asked by a fan why she looks taller, and she replied "I grew 7 cm (~3") during this year".

Ekaterina Ryabova left Angels of Pluschenko/Volkov's group, per her own comments "no conflict, just not satisfied with the training conditions".

Evgenia Medvedeva got a 2nd dog, same breed as the first one, called her Tofu-chan.

Last edited:

Scott512

The way their master class is conducted is shown in few short videos (i'll post below). It's a group of 20-30 youngsters, Julia/Elena/and the guy (forgot his name) demonstrate some basic elements, then have kids do it, and then occasionally correct "legs, arms, back". The class is about 1 hr. 30 min. and that's it for that group. It's fun for the kids, interesting to skate with Stars of figure skating, but it is not "day to day training of an athlete".

Lipnitskaya did enroll into Sports College "educational/training department" but for off campus studies/attendance some years back. No info if she graduated or not. In any case she has no experience training a skater on consistent basis with a goal in mind. Giving 1.5 hrs. master classes is her only experience.

Pluschenko's Academy has many recreational skating classes for children of Russian celebrities, pop-stars, wealthy businessmen and even a few oligarchs (that's where Pluschenko makes the most of his Academy's money). It flatters their egos that their kids are trained by Olympic medalists. Pluschenko himself does not hide this fact, and plays up to it. Lipnitskaya will certainly add to the "star image", but she has a long way to go to be an effective coach of skaters to plan to be in "big sport".
thank you for that informative post. I will check out the videos.

Yes plushenko has another star to come to work at his Academy and I guess that's the big news.
I hope yuliya does well there and develops into a good coach.

But does she want to put in the work to become a great coach when she has an infant daughter and will be planning a marriage in the next year or two? Yulia was such a shooting star for a short time. people still remember her fondly and they should. I don't like something's going on at plushenko Academy like Sasha can't skate on the same ice as aliona after they did that for three or four years at TT. young Sergei does not work with Sasha at all. That's ridiculous. If Evgeni recruit another big female star you may see Sasha bolt and take her personal coach Volkov with her.

Alilou

Ubercavorter

Yes plushenko has another star to come to work at his Academy and I guess that's the big news.

But does she want to put in the work to become a great coach when she has an infant daughter and will be planning a marriage in the next year or two? Yulia was such a shooting star for a short time. people still remember her fondly and they should. I don't like something's going on at plushenko Academy like Sasha can't skate on the same ice as aliona after they did that for three or four years at TT. young Sergei does not work with Sasha at all. That's ridiculous. If Evgeni recruit another big female star you may see Sasha bolt and take her personal coach Volkov with her.
Seriously? Women have careers and children all the time all over the world. Gosh who would have thought?! A mother going to work. Fancy that! Plus a wedding is planned, happens, and then it's done. It's not like that's going to fill up the rest of her life either. :rolleyes:

Tinami Amori

I don't think a new baby is a stopper for Lipnitskaya to work as a coach. She has a mother who probably will help her. Also, coaching does not have to be a full time job. If Pluchenko assigns a group of skaters to her, or a few groups of skaters, Lipnitskaya will only have to come during those time frames and days. If he assigns her to work with an individual skater, she too will only come during skater's training time. It is not a 9 to 5 occupation.

Volkov is not the coach who works with Trusova (you mentioned above he is her personal coach, maybe it is a typo..). As of recently, Pluschenko split his school between two rinks. He, Pluschenko and his team, took his groups to a new rink, far in the suburbs of Moscow, to Gorki-10 village in the district of Odintzovo. At the same time, Volkov, his team and groups/skaters, remains at the rink where the original Angels Academy is.

Young Sergei yes, is not training Sasha, but the "talk of the rink" that he is no longer training Veronika Zhilian and her sister, he first unsubscribed from Veronika's social media account, and a day later from her sister's and mother's. Couple of parents whose kids train at the rink say that they have not seen Zhilina and Sergei work together lately. It maybe all circumstantial, but it is what it is.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
FSU Russian Scandals of 2020:

Engaged Mother Maintains Career
Coach Makes Petty Comment on Instagram
Woman Shows Ankle to Chimney-Sweep Shock
Elena Ilinykh Incapable of Teaching Quads to Nine-Year-Olds

Coming soon:
Woman Too Young for ISU Seniors Wins Russian Nationals
Men's Event Turns Out Disappointing and Unpredictable
Skater Recovers from Pneumonia and Immediately Begins Training

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
You are kidding....righ? Equal
Application whether listed or not.
Another example? Dr. Birx mentioned months ago. That she has not been able to see her grandchild yet months.

People have to work and parents must ensure their children's safety. My daughter and her husband both have to work. They had to adjust spending... scheduled activities, gifts. And all things optional. They and 4 families created a quaranTEAM. This group stays safe. This group pools resources,. Follow guidelines. Provide child care for one another. Drive by holidays. Grocery shopping.

This group has found some dang creative ways of dealing with the shutdown.

Ka3sha

Channel 1 short interview with Evgenia Medvedeva in today's morning news:

She is back on the ice and focuses on getting her muscles and strength back, she will perform in gala at Nationals and hopes to get at least one jump back as her legs are still weak. She also added that she will take part in New year's shows as she needs motivation and impetus to get back in shape.
I am one of those people who crawl until the strength runs out. I will gnaw to the end, I will crawl until I literally fall. I am still crawling, no, not even crawling, I am still walking. I feel that I have the strength and I will get back on my feet.

starrynight

She is back on the ice and focuses on getting her muscles and strength back, she will perform in gala at Nationals and hopes to get at least one jump back as her legs are still weak. She also added that she will take part in New year's shows as she needs motivation and impetus to get back in shape.

Heck sounds like she's had a rough time.

Lis

Anastasia Gubanova
She did not get sick, but people she had contact with tested positive and therefore she spent weeks off the ice in quarantine and as a result had no chance to compete in the Russian Cup series. She told me this yesterday at the St. Petersburg Championships.
Thank you for the information, I wondered where she has been now I know. Sad she can't skate at RN :(

Sylvia

TBD
Anastasia Gubanova
She did not get sick, but people she had contact with tested positive and therefore she spent weeks off the ice in quarantine and as a result had no chance to compete in the Russian Cup series. She told me this yesterday at the St. Petersburg Championships.
Anastasiia Gubanova interview in Russian: http://www.figureskating-online.com/a-gubanova-dez-20.html
In English (it's after the Russian; scroll down): https://www.instagram.com/p/CItljP-JrLH/
Scroll down for the English caption (little interview with Sofia Samodurova) by @Eislauffan: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIvDldUJMMS/
Full interview in Russian: http://www.figureskating-online.com/s-samodurova-dez-20.html

Thanks for these interviews, @Eislauffan!
Evgeni Semenenko: "The first time I tried the loop and three quads and they worked out"
Evgeni Semenenko is showing good skating and good results this season. The student of Tatiana and Alexei Mishin and Tatiana Prokofieva performed well at various senior-level events, won the Russian Cup in Kazan, had a respectable debut at the Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix and now has landed three different quads - loop, toe loop and Salchow at the St. Petersburg Championship.
Scroll down past the Russian version for an interview excerpt in English: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIxZ7yVpgOV/
Full interview in Russian: http://www.figureskating-online.com/e-semenenko-20.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information