From Russia With Love (#36) Spring into Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

Alexei Gorshkov’s rink in Odintsovo (Moscow region) is opening

He coaches Ushakova/Nekrasov and Khavronina/Chirizano

Rina RUS

Yana gave an intervew to a radio. And the sport.ru wrote about it. Why?

This is not an interview - as far as I can see.

I noticed they also had a new article about Sochi 2014.
In both cases they have short texts saying they took this info from the "Rudkovskaya. The Confessions." documentary.
(or maybe it should be translated as "Rudkovskaya. The Sincere Talk")

Well, I didn't try to watch that documentary, but Evgeni was telling Yana had decided to make it because of the recent case with their son (because of that article saying Sasha was unhealthy).

So it seems nobody asked Rudkovskaya to tell all these stories, but she thinks the time is now!
You can hope her "Sincere Talk" is not series... 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

lala

This is not an interview - as far as I can see.

I noticed they also had a new article about Sochi 2014.
In both cases they have short texts saying they took this info from the "Rudkovskaya. The Confessions." documentary.
(or maybe it should be translated as "Rudkovskaya. The Sincere Talk")

Well, I didn't try to watch that documentary, but Evgeni was telling Yana had decided to make it because of the recent case with their son (because of that article saying Sasha was unhealthy).

So it seems nobody asked Rudkovskaya to tell all these stories, but she thinks the time is now!
You can hope her "Sincere Talk" is not series... 🤷‍♀️

I don't care about her talk...She talks too much..

Mad for Skating

Not to cause drama, but isn’t Kadyrov the Chechen leader who’s responsible for the labor camps full of gay men? I’m not a fan.
Isn’t

Ka3sha

Natalia Bestimianova and Igor Bobrin choreographed programs for Boikova/Kozlovskii (I assume they worked on the LP since the guys worked on their SP with Zhulin in February) and Mishina/Gallyamov.

Here’s a big interview with Igor Bobrin about Moskvina, Boikova/Kozlovskii, Medvedeva, their ice theater and his view on modern figure skating

Last edited:

NAOTMAA

I really hope Bestimianova/Bobrin are doing the FS for B/K. They did the SP for them the past three seasons and they were all fantastic. They really seem to get B/K and what makes them shine. Their "My Way" SP this season was glorious. If a FS is anything like that :love::love::love:

I assume the SP by Zhulin (thank god they started that before this whole mess started!) will be to classical music, which fits them beautifully, although I think they would easily hit a home run with a Singin' in the Rain type program like S/K had for their RD.

Tinami Amori

Not to cause drama, but isn’t Kadyrov the Chechen leader who’s responsible for the labor camps full of gay men? I’m not a fan. Isn’t...
The above written is not "drama" but inclines me to quote the simplest of sources, Wikipedia (which i don't often use.. :D)...it's accurate enough... There are long and detailed sections on women's right restrictions and clearly violent and horrific treatment of gay people.

The scoop with Plush/Rud and Kadyrov is like this. "The gay issues" were not publicly known until less than 2 years ago. Plush and Rudkovskaya befriended Kadyrov prior to that. They all participated in several skating events. Kadyrov organized his own skating show for the Chechen region, several Russian and foreign skaters attended. All of them have fotos "hugning Kadyrov".

When the issue of severe gay persecution came up in Chechnya, Plush and Rudkovskaya were questioned by media about their friendship, joint fotos, visiting each other, etc. but were able to brush it off.

Now that the issue of Kadyrov is in the news because of his health affected by xxxxxx . Plush and Rudkovskaya somehow are "involved"... either commented something about him, or visited him in the hospital (I missed to read what is the "cause of this conversation"). Now the media is questioning Plush/Rud's friendship with Kadyrov again, AFTER many fact of his politics and violent acts against gays are known to public.

Yana chose to defend Kadyrov... (in the link above posted 2 days ago).
imo: now that the country knows of Kadyrov's violations of Human Rights and actually Russian laws, Yana's defnse is taken differently... :D

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Maxim Trankov's interview to 59.ru online news paper. Not just about skating (childhood fotos, love of horses, family pets, other fun details, etc.)

Last edited:

starrynight

When the issue of severe gay persecution came up in Chechnya, Plush and Rudkovskaya were questioned by media about their friendship, joint fotos, visiting each other, etc. but were able to brush it off.

Now that the issue of Kadyrov is in the news because of his health affected by xxxxxx . Plush and Rudkovskaya somehow are "involved"... either commented something about him, or visited him in the hospital (I missed to read what is the "cause of this conversation"). Now the media is questioning Plush/Rud's friendship with Kadyrov again, AFTER many fact of his politics and violent acts against gays are known to public.

Yana chose to defend Kadyrov... (in the link above posted 2 days ago).
imo: now that the country knows of Kadyrov's violations of Human Rights and actually Russian laws, Yana's defnse is taken differently... :D

I suppose they are friends with Kadyrov to leverage money and status? From what I've read, Rudkovskaya seems to be pretty ruthless in her pursuit of status and money.

Tinami Amori

I suppose they are friends with Kadyrov to leverage money and status? From what I've read, Rudkovskaya seems to be pretty ruthless in her pursuit of status and money.
Lets go not with what it looks like to us, readers, but by facts/Yana's and Plushy's comments and actions.
  • Yana clearly said she and Plush are aiming to be the "Russian Kardashians".
  • Yana created a TV reality show about their family, which is an exact copy of Kardashians (at least in Yana's mind it is like theirs).
  • Yana posted/commented/said publicly "that her money and wealth are honestly earned and she is proud to display it".
  • Yana was invited by Ksenya Sobchak (another celebrity dingbat) to a TV talk show. Sobchak accused Yana of "flaunting riches in people's faces while majority of population in Russia are below poverty level and worries about food for kids". After the show..... Yana replied with more clips of their luxury life....

On the other hand... Many people in Russia and all over the world want "status and money", not all reach their goals so we don't know what they would be like if they did; those who do obtain "status and money" don't always flaunt it so the public does not get to comment on their lives like they do with Yana.

Nothing is wrong with going after "status and money", the key is "how you do it, why and how you handle it". It is dumb to advertise it when country's economy is not doing well.... :D

Also... Yana is Jewish, her mother is, so that makes her jewish.....
Jew, status and money = https://i.imgur.com/jksTs8o.jpg

hanca

Values her privacy
Russian junior pair skater Labazina with T.J. Nyman. I wonder for which country they will compete. It would make sense competing for the USA, because there is less competition. We may see her at 4CC and worlds within a few years!

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Russian junior pair skater Labazina with T.J. Nyman. I wonder for which country they will compete. It would make sense competing for the USA, because there is less competition. We may see her at 4CC and worlds within a few years!

Hmm, interesting! I liked her with her previous partner, but I’m very curious to see how this will work. I hope they do choose the US tho - Russian pairs is a battlefield.

Mad for Skating

Fedorova and Stolbova are doing an Instagram live on Sunday at 19:00 Moscow time. I’d really appreciate if someone could provide a translation when it happens. Thank you!

starrynight

On the other hand... Many people in Russia and all over the world want "status and money", not all reach their goals so we don't know what they would be like if they did; those who do obtain "status and money" don't always flaunt it so the public does not get to comment on their lives like they do with Yana.

Nothing is wrong with going after "status and money", the key is "how you do it, why and how you handle it". It is dumb to advertise it when country's economy is not doing well.... :D

It's very footballer wives 'new money'. You know, a lot of designer clothes covered in logos, 'rich' looking things.

It's not a unique expression of money.

hanca

Values her privacy
It's very footballer wives 'new money'. You know, a lot of designer clothes covered in logos, 'rich' looking things.

It's not a unique expression of money.
I guess ‘new money’ is better than no money. Not everyone can be born into ‘old money’, and if you are not, then you probably wouldn’t be complaining about having ‘new money’.

starrynight

I guess ‘new money’ is better than no money. Not everyone can be born into ‘old money’, and if you are not, then you probably wouldn’t be complaining about having ‘new money’.

lol I basically have no money so I have no opinion on the value of 'new versus old' money.

It's just that there are stereotypical ways that 'new money' is spent.

Kind of like the stage where every footballer's wife had to have a huge collection of those Loubotins that cost $1,500 and made your feet look like hooves.

Tinami Amori

In the meantime, some drips of info from Novogorsk training camp.
Kamila Valieva

From various recordings on social media by skaters in Novogorsk.
  • they came to the facility, immediately were tested.
  • then asked to stay in their single-occupancy rooms, not leave.
  • the food was delivered to their rooms. that lasted about a day and half.
  • then next day they were advised they tested negative and can leave their rooms (with conditions).
  • allowed to walk the grounds of the territory but keeping distance from others.
  • allowed to go to the food-hall, but had to sit one person at each table.
  • the past afternoon there was some ice time, but not yet any solid reports.

lala

Lets go not with what it looks like to us, readers, but by facts/Yana's and Plushy's comments and actions.
  • Yana created a TV reality show about their family, which is an exact copy of Kardashians (at least in Yana's mind it is like theirs).
  • Yana posted/commented/said publicly "that her money and wealth are honestly earned and she is proud to display it".
  • Yana was invited by Ksenya Sobchak (another celebrity dingbat) to a TV talk show. Sobchak accused Yana of "flaunting riches in people's faces while majority of population in Russia are below poverty level and worries about food for kids". After the show..... Yana replied with more clips of their luxury life....

I want to clear I hate their friendship with Kadyrov.

Tinami, you manipulated their story a little bit again.

-Yana became Kadyrov's friends when he wasn' so famous, infamous and important person.

-Kadyrov is very popuar in Russia, but only they are enough famous to be his friends. He likes the famous persons. So if he would invite any other Russian skaters they would go Chechnya. Sure.

The firendships is very shame because they are not homophobic. They signed a peticion against the Russian anti gay law with other famous persons and sent to Putin. In 2014 Plush openly defended the gays in his CNN interview. He received mockery, criticism for it in Russia. You can't mention other Russian skater who did it. They have many Russian and foreign gay people. So I really don't understand.

-Yana likes to show their luxury life, they enjoy that they are really wealthy, I mentioned already Plush earned cca $ 26-30 millions( I don't know the income in last year, but he had similar year with shows as the previous when he earned $5 millions) since 2006, plus Yana's income, but they are the ambassadors of one of the biggest charity foundations for children. https://www.instagram.com/nakedheartfoundation/ Natalia Vodyanova ex super modell has the main role in it

-Like the other rich people in the whole world they participated in many actions when they collected money for the poor men and for sick children.

In Plushenko's official site if you would write this key word "charity" you would receive 45 pages with examples.
On his academy there is a group for children with developmental disorders. So they are not such rich persons who don't have hearts at all.

And you don't suggest Plush wants to be the part of Russian Kardashian family. He hates the spotlight if that is not on the ice most of the time. He doesn't go with Yana in the celebritiy parties, the balls, concerts, etc. . He wants more children, a baby girl the most! He adores the children, likes the animals the cats, the dogs. I believe he lives with a woman who is his love and wants to be in peace with her, he just doesn't want to fight all the time. According to Sasha Plushenko's first interview( 5.y.o. ) his father is the boss in the family in important things ( the journalist asked about it immediately, of course :D ) Yana is his beautiful shining elegant mother.

And I also ask you, cut out the Jewish stereotyping......

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Apparently, Plushenko and his students are going Kislovodsk on a R.V to avoid airports and contacts with people.
He and Dmitri Mikhalov (second coach) are driving and preparing some food for the youngest kids (Sofia Titova, Kirill Sarnovsky).

He says other skaters from his group are also using R.Vs to get to Kislovodsk and follow them on the road

lala

Apparently, Plushenko and his students are going Kislovodsk on a R.V to avoid airports and contacts with people.
He and Dmitri Mikhalov (second coach) are driving and preparing some food for the youngest kids (Sofia Titova, Kirill Sarnovsky).

He says other skaters from his group are also using R.Vs to get to Kislovodsk and follow them on the road

cute Ig story https://www.instagram.com/stories/plushenkoofficial/2321091934703091080/

hanca

Values her privacy
Would it be possible to create a new thread for Pluschenko-his wife, with whom they are friends, how much old versus new money they have and how they decided to spend it and other topics of their lifestyle, and leave this thread just for Russian skating? Pluschenko with his skaters is fine, but I am getting a bit fed up about all the issues with his wife, and various opinions about what they are doing right, what they are doing wrong etc.

Last edited:

Rina RUS

I think someone has hacked and deleted Adeline Sotnikova's instagram account. :(
They are probably doing that thing where they are asking for money to re-instate it.

?? I see Sotnikova's instagram. 🙂 The blue mark near her name means this account is confirmed as belonging to her.
Maybe you mean her old account?..

Last edited:

AYS

🌻
?? I see Sotnikova's instagram. 🙂 The blue mark near her name means this account is confirmed as belonging to her.
Maybe you mean her old account?..
It looks fixed now. There was some crap on there over the past day.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Turned on just now on Fedorova / Stolbova:
Fedorova: the programme you had with black/white costume
Stolbova: right, la strada , we were skating in Kazan. I met your partner and it was nice
Fedorova: we skated badly. We came with Zhovnirski, we really screwed up there. We were close to last. And Zhovnirskii said :that's it, go sit in the audience and see how skating is actually done. So we were sitting there so upset and you skated so well and Zhovnirksii said `so, here, see how it's done!'
Stolbova: well, yes, I think we won there.
Fedorova: April 2013 you move to Moscow, decide to switch to Mozer. Why and who initiated the move?
Stolbova: I think it's a story I don't really remember already. First we were not supposed to move to Mozer, but to a different coach. No point naming him now. In St. Petersburg. So it happened that in one day... well not even in one day in 10 minutes we changed it all. I came to Fedor and said `dont' say a word, just trust me and I'll do it all'. It happens that yuo decide and then the intuition hits and you know it's a wrong move, we should not go there. I knew we needed to change drastically the things and I said I'll change things and you relax. So in one hour we changed our minds and moved to Mozer. Why? We were skating with Velikovs since 2006 that they were done, but the pupils were done. We were so drained we needed to move on. There were no conflicts or global problems, I think it was just the time that came.
Fedorova: Did Fedor also think so?
Stolbova: I think I, as always, initiated it. But I think it was almost an ultimatum: either we do or don't. I realized we just have one season till the Olympics, we had to do things now if we wanted to be there
---------

Fedorova: How did you get used to the new group? At first, I think, Fedor even shared the flat with TRankov, but how was it for you?
Stolbova: very comfortable. Once things were settled with Mozer all was taken care of - the medical part, the flat. There was no discomfort. As for getting user - you were the one the hardest to get used to!
Fedorova: well, it took me a while to get used to you as well!
Stolbova: you were lookign at me with `oh , great, another one..' . If you recall at the same time Bazarova/Larionov joined the group.
Fedorova: I didn't rememebr it
Stolbova: Perhaps the info about Ver and Yurii came first but really we switched at the same time.
Fedorova: No way! No way I did that1
Stolbova: Well, it was comfrotable - you and TarMor were there for quiet a lonf time there, Tanya and Maks helped us a lot, the first training camp in the USA - we were spending time together and it was great.

Fedorova: I just recalled a story related to you: I dont' remember how old I was when we went to the USA and there was that going somewhere for shopping and I was showing the stuff that I bought and you dismissed all that stuff and then I took something out and you liked it
Stolbova: well, I don't remember that....
StolbovA: there are photos
Fedorova: yes, I have photos as well
------------------------

Fedorova: lets' talk about Sochi. Tell what was your mood going there, did you expect to medal, what did you expect and what were your feelings after the LP?
Stolbova: The mood... first of all we wanted just to make there. It was the OLYMPICS. The emotions. I can't really tell because it's undescridable. It's still inside but I can't explain it. Of the happiness, the unforgettable feelings, meetups and emotions. As for the plans and medals -as any athlete we wanted to skate well. We were not an exception, we just wanted to skate well and do well. It's what the athlete dreams about. Going for the medal - well no, I can't tell we were going for the medal. Being 3rd after the SP I couldn't fall asleep till 5pm. Imagine the feelings - the Olympics, we skated the SP so well, we are 3rd, and of course there are so many emotions! What now? Should I sleep or not? SHould I eat or not? Stupid thoughts. I remember the day before the LP. I recall it almost by minutes
I liked the schedule when around 10-12 we skated and I went to get some food , got some sleep, then a walk, then food... for some reason I was eating quite well then and then the time comes I can't... I can't describe the emotions.

Fedorova: did it happen you had to walk to the partner or you'd rather be alone?
Stolbova: it's rather individual. I preferred to be alone, see a movie, listen to the music. THough later I could take a walk with someone but with Fedor... I don't recall going somewhere with him.

Fedorova: I just recall that our coach, perhaps it was not true for the adult skaters, but he always made us.. it's stupid - I wanted to be alone, regroup, if I wanted to take a walk I'd take walk, if not - I'll stay in the room. He kept nagging you have to go out and take a walk.
StolbovA: No, it didn't happen to us. I think it's what you are used to. There are methods
Fedorova and the emotions?
Stolbova: I was in shocked. I was happy skating clean, well and then shock. When you are on the ice and feel that that ice is shaking. There was so much noise! Sometimes I recall the before the skate - the warm up was over and we were skating first and I recall skating and the people were shouting so loud.. and I was like `ok ,I have to turn my mind off'. I do recall these moments. But then the shock of 10 years or however long you got ready for that competiton and then `that's it?!'

Fedorova: we were in the audience and indeed the athmosphere in Iceberg was electrifying. We were all watching
Stolbova: It was so positive, so supportive, I never felt it again.
Fedorova: it was amazing, watching your skate, and after the skate - we couldn't breath and then exhaled after. WE were so worried.
Stolbova: my mom came ot the Olympics. Why did she - the opening ceremony was Feb 7th, my birthday. I said to her I will go to the Olympics as whatever, it's a home Olympics, the opening ceremony - I want to be there. And it's the 22nd Olympics, and I was 22! There were so many things that came together. I wanted my mom to be there as well. She always walked out when we skated - either she would just leave the rink. She told me later she left the rink, there were too many things going on in the corridor, so she went to the ladies room, she covered her ears and still! she could hear and feel all, she was shaking and hearing it all!
-------------
Fedorova: let's talk about the 2nd not so nice Olympics. The Olympic season, silver, and then you don't get an invite. can you comment and what were you thinking? How did you take it?
Stolbova: You mean when I learned it or after?
Fedorova: Both.
Stolbova: Think it was a couple of days after the Euros and just a day before that we received the uniform. I also kind had an intuition - we came to the first practice before leaving to Japan. And I went out there, everyone were so tired, so within themselves - all these worries - do we go? do we stay? I looked at Fedor and at Vlad Zhovnirksii an thought well, perhaps they are tired or something, but something felt wrong. In the break between the practices I came home and the phone explodes - people who Iknow and don't were calling and messaging. And the journalist I know called. I decided to talk to her because I trust her - I know nothing bad will happen if I do, she will not treat me bad. I answer and hear.. you know how little kids sometimes cry for no end and I can't understand what happens - she cries so badly! I was shaken. She says `you don't know?' `no'. `you were not invited'. I was... I said I'll call back. And for 10 minutes I was just sitting there and was imotionless as if someone hit me in my head. I first called my mom. The emotions overtook me.
the next call was to Mozer, we cried together, she said she knew from the evening but they didn't know how to tell me. That explained Fedor's and Vlad's mood. And then.. well... for about 2 hours I was processing and was trying to do something , learn something, but... deep inside I knew that no. We would not be able to overstep it we didn't believe it would work out.
Fedorova: Were you really ready, or things did not really go well?
Stolbova: I can only speak for myself, but all these things from December 2017 - will we be allowed or not - it's not something you can escape. The season itself was a rollercoaster. The mood we had the previous season or in Sochi - no we did not have that.
-------------
Fedorova: a lot of time had passed and it's great you and Fedor were at the right place at the right time.
Stolbova: Right
Fedorova: You break up with Fedor and pair up with Novoselov. How did you make the decision and why your pairing stopped so fast?
Stolbova: How it happened? You know it's again, a long story. I did not plan continuing skating after stopping skating with Fedor. I first planned to recover from the injuries - we didn't go to the Worlds in Milano because of my injury. It took 3-4 months, it was complicated and till today I have reminders. How did it happen.. I think other people had something to do with it. A lot of people said you don't have a right to retire - people like Tarasova, Rodnina, Candelloro, Probeurt, Amodio, my friends and the Russian skaters - they all said I don't have a right to retire! How did I end up in France? I was allowed to go back on the ice adn Tarasova said try to go with Nikolai Morozov, go back to skating again, just work on the ice and go back. It just happened I was with my friends and they said you know , rumours are Andrey Novoselov''s partnership ends. Savchenko's 2nd coach - Balester, also said I can't retire and told me to call him. There is no point looking for a Russian guy, no point breaking a pair, you know Novoselov for a while, try, what do you have to lose!
Fedorova: I recall Novoselov skating on our rink, then he was skating with Lola, I met him when I first started ksating pairs.
-------------
Fedorova: What does Stolbova do after retiring?
Stolbova: Studying. I retired in February, and then either we go to work or studies. I finally started.
Fedorova: it's the coaching diploma you are working towards. What is next? There were so many questions what do you plan doing after retiring?
Stolbova: The education - I will not part ways with the ice, I have nice offers that I will not be able to decline - the shows. I tried skating in the show in January - in Pluschenko's Swan Lake. It was a public thing in MOscow and I participated. I enjoyed it so much.
Fedorova: I spoke to some skaters who said they can't evn look at the ice ,they were so sick of it. They also claim the show and the competition are completely different.
Stolbova: for me it's the opposite. I was so sick of the practicing. In shows, on the other hand, I enjoyed it so mcuh - the new atmosphere, I was skating alone. It was so great.
------------
Fedorova: What was the best advice you received and from whom?
Stolbova: I was probably 6-7 y.o. our school principle, may she rest in peace. We had a very spiritual relationship. There was some kind of a competition for the kids.
Fedorova: The most important competitions of life!
Stolbova: Yeah. I was walking around and getting myself worked up and she came and said `Ksenia, just don't piss on yourself!' and I was like `erm... ok'. though my career I thought about these words and worked!
---------------------
Fedorova: the most wrong decision in your career that you regret?
Stolbova: well... I guess I sometimes think about the Worlds and missing it.
Fedorova: Why did you miss it?
Stolbova: I don't remember. Tactics, perhaps injury. I don't remember why

Fedorova: How much influence your mom has on you?
Stolbova: She has a huge role in my life, she influenced on me a lot. But I think it was by the age of 13-14. I recall the actual moment when `I'm the adult, I know better, I will decide'. I came to my mom and said `mom, am switching to the pairs'. She knew it was useless doing something and guess from that moment she trusted me completely, supported, sometimes disagreed, but trusted.

Fedorova: Was it hard for you to decide to retire.
Stolbova: No.
Fedorova: Not at all, no regrets?
Stolbova: Not at all, it was the right decision.

Fedorova: I recalled another story that I'd like to share: those who went to the training camp in Italy - for us it was always horrible. I mean for me and Miroshkin. Are you trying to guess what is the story?
Stolbova: No. We went there several times
Fedorova: Right. Now thinking about it I understand that Iwas such a little girl and how adult I felt
Stolbova: hell, yes, you were a piece of work. The moment I met you I knew you were a trouble
Fedorova: Don't ruin my story! I was about 15, I fell from the throw and the back troubles began. I went from the ice, the pain was so bad, no one understood me and demanded I get back on the ice, suck it in and skate more. I didn't know what to do. I went out from the back exit and I saw you leaving the rink.
Stolbova: I remember. I know what you are talking about. You were crying on my shoulder.
Fedorova: Exactly! I was so hurt, Ksenia came out and said `Lina, why are you bowling?' I was out of it and Ksenia was the only person who approached me and asked what is going on. We got the hotel, and I meant to go to the room. There was kind of a bar at the entrance. You offered to take a coffee and Ksenia started telling me I don't remember everything, but there were things that calmed down, made me regroup. It was so hard, I thought the whole world was against me, everyone were mad at me and Ksenia was the only person who understood me and said `Lina, either you are taking them down or they are taking you down'.
Stolbova: I don't remember it all, but I remember how hard yuo were crying and how I was trying to get you to normal
Fedorova: I want to thank you so much. Those are the moments you remember - for me it was so important.
Stolbova: I remember it as well, it's a nice memory
Fedorova: so thank you for the interview, am so glad to see you , hear you

then some goodbyes, compliments etc.

I missed the first 15 minutes, will listen to it later
The first 15 mins:
Fedorova: How are you?
Stolbova: am ok now. I am after all the stages of the despair of the quarantine, am in the USA, am near the ocean, see the sun and the ocean. So things are good now
Feodorva: Are you kidding? It's raining in Moscow?!
Stolbova: well, the weather here is nice. Am taking walks and enjoying the weather
Fedorova: good for you! What about the mass riots in the USA? where are you and does anything happen here?
Stolbova: for two months I was in New Jersey, now am in NY. but am on Long Island. It's quite calm here. A typical American rural area, like in the desperate housewifes. All is very calm and nice.
Fedorova: Am glad you are not in that.
Stolbova: you can't avoid it here, it's everywhere, on the TV and in t he internet.
Fedorova: Ok, we'll talk about something else. Figure skating that is. Your career in pairs skating - as far as I know in 2006 you switched to pairs with Arthur Minchuk who we know as a coach of Boikova/Kozlovskii. Do yuo plan following his steps and coach?
Stolbova: First of all am thrilled for Arthur and his success. As for us - Arthur retired, I think, in 2010, so there was quite a while till he became successful in coaching. SOme want to coach immediately and go there, some have shows to participate. Me? Am not sure, I never wanted it. I love figure skating and I loved skating but am nto sure about coaching. Also you need the education, whcih I was supposed to be doing now.Like all the skaters do, so I didn't really have a choice and I aimed for the sports education which was easier to obtain.
Fedorova: What do you think about people who coach without the formal education? Take the responsibility without the background. Is it a right thing to do or wrong?
StolbovA: If they do well and the pupils like them - why not? You can always obtain the education when needed. If they are talented and really want it - am all for it.

Fedorova: you can not imagine how many people wrote me, how many people announced about that live.
StolbovA: it's so nice, I got so many messages that finally, finally an interview.

Fedorova: Let's talk about your pair wiht Klimov. Can you tell how did you pair up? I think you were skatingo n the same ice before? Were you in touch before?
Stolbova: we skated together for almost 10 years we knew each other before - in St. Petersburg there used to be just one rink for all - the singles, dance and pairs. So we knew each other from the very young age. I remember the date and how we paired up. It's a picture in my head for the rest of my life.
Fedorova: You are the first skater who replied that they remember - usually its' `it was so long ago!'.
Stolbova: I remember it fine. It was Feb 4, I was sitting off ice daydreaming, walks in Nikolai Velikov who tells me `get up'. So I did. Fedor was standing there and he was t old `do a lift'. So I look at Fedor and he says `well, here I am, so come'. And that's how it started. We started skating together so easily and so fast that 1.5 months alter we went to the Russian cup and became 3rd. We didn't have to get used to each other - we knew each other before. Of course we had to learn skating together, but there were no global problems.
Fedorova: I was reading about your pair and it seems you developed really fast - just a couple of season alter you were medalling at the junior level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information