From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

hanca

Values her privacy
the ones who chose to train are not following the restrictions, but not breaking the laws. Nowhere does it say that a coach and 2-3 of his/her students can't meet (if they trust each other) to work on future programmes. Nobody would consider it "breaking the restrictions" if they met in an apartment...... So, instead of "apartment" they are meeting at an EMPTY rink ( oh, and in Aleona's comments - such rinks have a nurse measuring temp. and vital elements before anyone goes inside)
I am curious, what trusting to each other has to do with catching or not catching the vi**s? We are talking about Co**na vi**s, not about sexually transmitted disease, aren’t we? I would understand trusting to each other important when you are deciding whether to have sex with someone, but how trusting to someone help you not to catch Co**na?

Tinami Amori

:D:biggrinbo:D
From Ilya Averbuch:
Авербух о коронавирусе: «Ограничил общение, но на карантине не сижу. Гречку закупают не от большого ума»
Averbuch about Beer Burden situation "I limited communications, but I'm not in quarantine (don't follow quarantine rules). I don't stack up on serial either... those who do (hoard and stack up) are not doing it out of high intelligence".

Tinami Amori

:D:biggrinbo:biggrinbo
From Tucktamysheva, from the dance studio, from yesterday "something new from me... few seconds of the new programme i am working on".

I see no harm to anyone in her using a dance practice facility by herself with one a choreographer preseng.

Ka3sha

Epidemiological situations are completely different in Moscow and St Petersburg right now.
There are more than 260 cases in Moscow and only 21 in St Petersburg. All international flights had been cancelled in St Petersburg for more than a week now, same for land borders with Estonia and Finland.

Moscow closed all sports facilities , including skating rinks, starting from March, 23.
Yesterday the St Petersburg’s Governor decree was published - all public sports facilities will closed from 26th of March, but exceptions are made for members of the National teams (all sports, not just figure skating) , so they can officially continue their training.
For now things are like this, will see what happens next.

starrynight

Everywhere in the world is putting in place measures at different rates depending on the timeline of the spread and the urgency of the situation. The trajectory of the infections is of course different in every country and region.

But for the sake of everyone's health, I hope measured decisions are made. The Olympics are postponed and there are no sporting events to prepare for the foreseeable future. If the authorities deem it safe for activities to continue in different regions, that's fine, but I don't really see anything admirable in sneaking kids into a skating rink right now if it's against advice - there's nothing to prepare for. Full off ice home and outdoor training regimes can be developed to keep good physical condition for when there is a new season to prepare for.

And in a lot of countries (and such rules are quickly developing), elective non-urgent surgery is completely off, so if an athlete injures themselves at training, surgery is not possible. And those restrictions have moved quite quickly. So there is that risk that an injury correctable by prompt surgery could be career ending in the current climate. That's the main reason why high risk training has stopped in a lot of places. The risk of an inoperable shoulder, knee, ankle injury are more of a risk to an athlete than losing certain kinds of training time.

Last edited:

Ka3sha

On a completely different and way more happy note, Maria Artemieva (also known as TM1) got married to Roman Usatov. They are both coaching in Rukavitsin’s team in St Peterburg

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Epidemiological situations are completely different in Moscow and St Petersburg right now.
There are more than 260 cases in Moscow and only 21 in St Petersburg.
St. Pete population 5 mils
Moscow population 13 mils (and that's only official, not counting those без прописки unregistered).

all public sports facilities will closed from 26th of March, but exceptions are made for members of the National teams (all sports, not just figure skating) , so they can officially continue their training.
.... and that is what i've been saying from the start....... :)

Tinami Amori

In St Peterburg, not in Moscow.
And that’s what @taz'smum has been saying.
taz'smum can't speak for the whole Moscow, and i can't speak about my contacts. coming to an empty rink in groups of 2-3 people is NOT illegal, i don't understand why taz'smum is so worried... it won't spoil skaters' reputation. As you posted - all public sports facilities will closed from 26th of March, but exceptions are made for members of the National teams (all sports, not just figure skating) , so they can officially continue their training.

Tinami Amori

A big sports publication "Sports Express" provided the vote results for "Ice Oskars"...:drama:

The most treasured/valued skater
Alina Zagitova - 54%
Zhenya Medvedeva - 25%
Yuzuru Hanyu - 11%

Best coach
Eteri Tutberidze - 63%
Brian Orser - 20%
Tamara Moskvina - 10%

Best choreographer
Daniil Gleikhenghauz - 60%
SLB - 31%
Lori Nicol - 3%

Best newcomer (into seniors)
Trusova - 35%
Kostornaya - 26%
Shcherbakova - 25%

Best Costume
Zagitova - 50%
Medvedeva - 29%
Shcherbakova - 17%

there are few more lists, but i don't have them...

Bigbird

Look if these apparently marginally intelligent though very ambitious athletes and such and such want to put the lives of others at stake and their own, let them!! They'll get their just desserts. Life is so much more than ill gotten medals.

Tinami Amori

Look if these apparently marginally intelligent though very ambitious athletes and such and such want to put the lives of others at stake and their own, let them!! They'll get their just desserts. Life is so much more than ill gotten medals.
ill gotten???!!! there is nothing wrong with an athlete and the coach getting together to train (in a space empty from others.) They all have been tested very extensively, not just be nurses and only temperature. If several people who are found to be not infected get together - it is no harm!

If Tukhtamysheva medals in GP series - her medal is not ill gotten. she is in a dance studio alone with her choreographer... and none of them have "it".

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Esquire Magazine (russian edition) - names Alexandra Trusova - one of the "12 apostoles of our Times 2020" sports category.

Bigbird

ill gotten???!!! there is nothing wrong with an athlete and the coach getting together to train (in a space empty from others.) They all have been tested very extensively, not just be nurses and only temperature. If several people who are found not infected get together - it is no harm!

If Tukhtamysheva medals in GP series - her medal is not ill gotten. she is in a dance studio alone with her choreographer... and none of them have "it".

No. Respectfully I don't agree. Poor sportsmanship, in my book. Best to just agree to disagree.

greenapple

Wow. Shocked that all the winners are Russian - though of course in reality that would not be so.

Sports Express is a website that steals stories, photos and material from websites worldwide and posts them as their own. Hardly qualifies as a reputable site.

Rina RUS

If he thinks limiting communication is more effective than following quarantine rules, he's got no standing to talk about intelligence.

Do you really think you may judge?

In Russian language now "quarantine rules" are for those who know they are infected or for those who came from other countries not long ago. In the posted article Averbukh says he wasn't in other countries recently. (yet as far as I see... it isn't clear what can be a punishment for one who came from another country, but doesn't follow quarantine rules)

As for other people in Russia, they may choose "self-isolation", if they'd like to (and if it is possible for them). In the posted article Averbukh says about people in his company: 80 per cent work on-line now (so they can stay at home) (I think it depends on the work they are supposed to do - on their profession)

According to Putin's decision, Russians don't work from March,30th to April,3rd, but get money for these days (doctors keep working, food shops keep working, pharmacies, service technicians, banks, all the transport too...).

Russian media and doctors openly say, that this virus isn't dangerous for most of the people: according to statistics, most of the virus-infected people don't die. Yet it is dangerous for those who are older than 65 years, for asthma patients (or having some other listed diseases). So an infected person can be dangerous for other people.

As for "panic shopping", Averbukh is not the only one who dislikes it.

Many people are even tired of "this is the way we wash our hands" videos. This song is a joke: "Oh, don't leave your room, don't make such a mistake... go only to the toilet - and be back without delay..."

Last edited:

starrynight

The way countries view the v*rus changes really quickly. I’ve seen that in my own country. It’s been quite something how quickly it’s gone from people thinking it’s just hype to everyone realising it’s very serious. I would expect that’s a journey that every country goes through.

Anyway it wouldnt be wise for a skater to risk things like ankle injuries right now because in a week or two weeks time surgery and medical assistance might not be available for non urgent conditions.

zebraswan

ChiquitaBanana

Do you really think you may judge?

In Russian language now "quarantine rules" are for those who know they are infected or for those who came from other countries not long ago. In the posted article Averbukh says he wasn't in other countries recently. (yet as far as I see... it isn't clear what can be a punishment for one who came from another country, but doesn't follow quarantine rules)

As for other people in Russia, they may choose "self-isolation", if they'd like to (and if it is possible for them). In the posted article Averbukh says about people in his company: 80 per cent work on-line now (so they can stay at home) (I think it depends on the work they are supposed to do - on their profession)

According to Putin's decision, Russians don't work from March,30th to April,3rd, but get money for these days (doctors keep working, food shops keep working, pharmacies, service technicians, banks, all the transport too...).

Russian media and doctors openly say, that this virus isn't dangerous for most of the people: according to statistics, most of the virus-infected people don't die. Yet it is dangerous for those who are older than 65 years, for asthma patients (or having some other listed diseases). So an infected person can be dangerous for other people.

As for "panic shopping", Averbukh is not the only one who dislikes it.

Many people are even tired of "this is the way we wash our hands" videos. This song is a joke: "Oh, don't leave your room, don't make such a mistake... go only to the toilet - and be back without delay..."

Give you just one more week to see 30 yo without any medical condition getting into ICU, not dying from coronavirus but having lung fibrosis for the rest of their life. Give you time and your opinion will change. I don’t blame you neither. We had the same discourse one week ago...

Tinami Amori

No. Respectfully I don't agree. Poor sportsmanship, in my book. Best to just agree to disagree.
Poor sportsmanship????!!!!!! you're nuts (and that's being polite....)! There is NO Poor sportsmanship from any russian skaters.......

Tinami Amori

"Nike" (russian division) is soon to be launching a program with training routines (for indoor) from "Shcherbakova", Smolov, Cheryshev and other top Russian athletes (who are on contract with Nike).
It can soon be seen on NikeMoscow.com in the section/programme "IG live"/"IG TV".

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none

Russian media and doctors are WRONG then. This virus IS dangerous to all people. Many younger people are contracting it and it is causing either permanent respiratory damage, or death. Sorry, but just as our media is sometimes full of sh*t, sometimes so is yours.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Russian media and doctors are WRONG then. This virus IS dangerous to all people. Many younger people are contracting it and it is causing either permanent respiratory damage, or death. Sorry, but just as our media is sometimes full of sh*t, sometimes so is yours.

I personally know three young men in NYC who have it, a young woman who is a close friend of my daughter’s BFF, and a 35-year old former co-worker. All are young, healthy and under 40.

Two are seriously ill. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information