From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

Bigbird

Honest quick question here, is Plushy having a midlife crisis or is this just the norm? Is Trankov also having a midlife crisis or what? Wow....how low can they go!! Rant over. Thanks.

Ka3sha

J

Jeschke

Zabiyako/Enbert retired, today will be their last performance as professional athletes (at Mozer-Tutberidze show in Moscow)
Oh my, you are really only bringing bad news lately :(
Such a shame. They had such a classic look.
I loved them from the start. I am happy they went out on a high note at least.
And I will always have/cherish this moment :love:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigbird

Oh my, you are really only bringing bad news lately :(
Such a shame. They had such a classic look.
I loved them from the start. I am happy they went out on a high note at least.
And I will always have/cherish this moment :love:
I found them to be just another robotic Mozer team but it is always a bit sad to see a team leave the sport due to injury. Best wishes.

Maximillian

RIP TA

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I've loved her since she skated for Estonia, and I'm really glad Mozer championed her and found her a strong partner in Russia who suited her. I wish each of them health, happiness, and success in whatever they do next.

cs.berlin

Betina Popova spoke out in favor of raising the age limit for female skaters.

Figure skater Betina Popova, who recently announced the end of her career, spoke in a television interview about the situation of female skating. The question was asked what she thinks about the raising of the age limit in women's competitions and whether this is necessary; before Popova went into it, she said: "I'm going to answer now, and I'll be shot for it. No matter what I say, any answer will be totally displeasing to someone."

Popova: "I think that's really it, yes. Invariably 15-year-old girls cannot possibly compete with 20-year-old women. This is absolutely not normal anymore!"

In this context, the article of sport.rambler.ru points out that only the pupils of Eteri Tutberidze, Alena Kostornaia, Anna Shcherbakova and Alexandra Trusova have the elements of "ultra-size" when they switch to the senior level at the age of 15. This means that the competition for entry into the national team and in the international competitions actually exists only between them. This would be widely condemned by some fans and experts.
[...]

Last edited:

Amy L

J

Jeschke

Z/E farewell performance, plus speeches at the end
I like that they get some kind of proper farewell.

I got some flashbacks of the Mukhortova/Trankov farewell performance. Someone rememebrs that? Where she teared up so badly in the end? :drama:

Tinami Amori

Tuktamysheva - she and Lazukin are no longer a couple - 'My heart is free".

aemeraldrainc

Tuktamysheva - she and Lazukin are no longer a couple - 'My heart is free".
The full quote in English (machine translation)

About parting with Lazukin

"It's true. We are not together now, and my heart is free. The reason is not a quarrel or misunderstanding when the “black cat ran through”. So the circumstances were. ”

What does “black cat ran through” mean exactly? Like the circumstances were unlucky?

Tinami Amori

Trusova "rebellion" - from now on choosing music that she feels and understands - starting with the show number.
Russian Ice Show 02.28.2020 - "The Road to Victory".

Kostornaya - show number - tango.

Shcherbakova - old pieces made into show number.

Full show (top Sr. Jr. and few novice medalists. Zagitova is in Europe at an Art on Ice show).

DobrinFan

Samsonov is out for JW and Yablokov is in.
I am happy for Ilya but what happened to #slayerofbears? :(

Injury.

Two-time champion of Russia among juniors in figure skating Daniil Samsonov withdrew from the junior world championship due to problems with joints caused by growing up, said Philipp Shvetsky, doctor of the group Eteri Tutberidze, in which the athlete trains.

On Friday, Samsonov withdrew from the Junior World Cup, which will be held March 4-7 in Tallinn.

"Daniil is 14 years old, he is growing up. Given the growth of the body amid intense stress, the athlete had problems with the joints. These difficulties are temporary and are associated with the normal physiological development of the teenager. If you overload him now, then problems can arise that will threaten his health and will call into question his sports career, so a decision was made in favor of the future and the health of Daniel, which is certainly more important, "Shvetsky said over the phone.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200228/1565328263.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information