From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

happycamper2554

It depends. I read that it is a business in Florida. This was a while ago....Like a tourist travel co....includes appartment, pre-natal, delivery, post-natal care, legal etc...It was for Russians.

Is elena a citizen? I know she went to the US after her first split with nikita.

barbarafan

Wait, is Diana Davis a U.S. citizen? This might have been covered but I'm a bit slow...
Her mother was living in US when she married Diana's father who is a us citizen so she most likely is dual Russian and American. Unless Russia has some sort of rule about having to renounce other citizenships.I have no idea about that.

Dobre

Congratulations to Elena!

Seems like they might have announced pretty soon. The last media statement about when we would get an update on the possibility of a Soloviev/Ilinikh partnership wasn't far from now.

analia

Some Americans I know intentionally go to Canada to give birth so the kid can have dual citizenship. As we have seen in pairs/dance this can come in handy in the future. In any case ilinykh and polunin seem happy together. Mom

Bigbird

So Anna Frolova left Panova's group apparently (this has been posted I guess?)? I'm hoping Sinitsyna stays with Panova...
Panova's skaters tend to be so original and artsy. When Sotskova left her I almost immediately lost interest. She became generic. IMHO.

hanca

Values her privacy
Panova's skaters tend to be so original and artsy. When Sotskova left her I almost immediately lost interest. She became generic. IMHO.
Maybe so, her her skating skills improved and she stopped skating like a little girl. She finally got some power and every stroke was suddenly much bigger and more powerful.

Amy L

It used to be, but with the changes to immigration law currently being litigated who knows. Plenty of parents of US-born kids are being deported if they’re undocumented. It does however give the kid a choice when she turns 18 of Russian or American citizenships.

They don't have to choose. Daria Grinkova had pics of her holding both of her passports on instagram with the hashtag #dualcitizen and she is very much over 18 (and makes me feel ancient)

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Her mother was living in US when she married Diana's father who is a us citizen so she most likely is dual Russian and American
The only things relevant are 1. If the baby is born in the US, Puerto Rico, Guam, or USVI, regardless of her parents' citizenship(s) OR 2. The baby is born after Nov 14, 1986 abroad to at least one US parent who'd lived in the US for five years before birth and two of those five years have to be after the parent turned 14. (The latter is to keep citizenship from being passed down indefinitely through expat parents, and there are other rules depending on time periods before that)
OR 3. If the parent becomes naturalized, there can be automatic naturalization for minor non-citizens, depending on the rules at the time.

feraina

Hmm. Actually given Elena is almost due, she and Soloviev must have already known all this last summer when they talked to the media about future plans. When Elena said there are some things she has to take care of first, this must be one of them. And soloviev was very specific about exactly when they’ll make a public announcement. They must be waiting for her to give birth and then decide if she wants to skate or not.

Bigbird

Hmm. Actually given Elena is almost due, she and Soloviev must have already known all this last summer when they talked to the media about future plans. When Elena said there are some things she has to take care of first, this must be one of them. And soloviev was very specific about exactly when they’ll make a public announcement. They must be waiting for her to give birth and then decide if she wants to skate or not.
They were just trolling us. But I do hope they do a show together. I like them together, interesting pairing.

Mad for Skating

Wow, not the news I was expecting today, but I’m happy for Elena. I don’t like Polunin because of his previous problematic behavior, but for her sake, I hope this all works out. I wish her the best because she’s been one of my favorite skaters since 2014.

Ka3sha

Russian talk-show “Evening Urgant” with Aliev, Kostornaia, Boikova/Kozlovskii and Sinitsina/Kaysalapov (and llamas)

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Russian talk-show “Evening Urgant” with Aliev, Kostornaia, Boikova/Kozlovskii and Sinitsina/Kaysalapov (and llamas)
llamas :swoon:

mjb52

Could anyone sum up the highlights of the talk show? All I could get was that I think he was asking about the small size of the rink, the water situation, and that Bukin came up at some point. Two and a half years of college Russian almost two decades ago obviously didn’t get me far lolllll.

Mad for Skating

Aw this is so cute! I love watching skaters on the Evening Urgant even when I don’t know what’s being said :)

Ka3sha

Could anyone sum up the highlights of the talk show? All I could get was that I think he was asking about the small size of the rink, the water situation, and that Bukin came up at some point. Two and a half years of college Russian almost two decades ago obviously didn’t get me far lolllll.
The size of the rink was okey, the guys said that the quality of ice was excellent and it was warm enough at the rink, but apparently it was freezing cold in the dressing rooms and press center.

Also, all medalists had to waltz at some point of the banquet. So Bukin taught Kozlovskii and Aliev how to waltz right at the bus stop before the banquet.

Katesk8sgr8s

The size of the rink was okey, the guys said that the quality of ice was excellent and it was warm enough at the rink, but apparently it was freezing cold in the dressing rooms and press center.

Also, all medalists had to waltz at some point of the banquet. So Bukin taught Kozlovskii and Aliev how to waltz right at the bus stop before the banquet.
Thanks for the explanation. So cute at the bus stop!

Mad for Skating

OMG that’s adorable! Tbh I would’ve thought Kozlovskii would know how to waltz - he always seemed like he walked straight out of a Tolstoy novel! But I’m sure Bukin would make a great dance teacher :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information