From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Can someone provide a link? So far I read that he doesn't have to participate the Junior World selections and gets a ticket to go there should his team choose to send him there. I haven't read anything about his going or not going to the senior worlds.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
All European medalists have been invited to talk-show on Channel 1, it’s on tv right now :)

Nothing really interesting and but it’s nice to see that all of them are getting some attention from media

Great show! The US cable version of RussiaOne had it last night. Half the fun were the audience members - a virtual “who’s who” of Russian/Soviet skating history...not just the 2020 Euro medalists. Only Eteri was missing, among top coaches.
p.s. Danielian super adorable!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Lol, the interview with all the medallists, the host is asking Stepanova about her `showing' Papadakis where to head for the medals. Apparently Papadakis started slipping and Stepanova simply tried helping her to be steady. Of course it seemed / was interpreted as something different.

I saw that -ROTFL! Leave it to Russian TV to keep replaying Papadakis trying to mount the top step of the podium in error!!! They had that clip on constant loop.

DobrinFan

Can someone provide a link? So far I read that he doesn't have to participate the Junior World selections and gets a ticket to go there should his team choose to send him there. I haven't read anything about his going or not going to the senior worlds.

Gorshkov said it, I posted the link. His coach said she would think about it because it never crossed her mind. All this was right after Euros. No one ever mention giving him a ticket to JW, it was assumed b/c Pitkeev and Samarin got to JW the same way. But Artur medaled at Euros and that complicated things.

President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKR) Alexander Gorshkov said that the issue of participation at the world championship debutant of the European Championship Artur Danielyan, who won silver of the tournament, should be decided by his coach Elena Buyanova.

The situation with the European champion Dmitry Aliyev is clear. As for Danielyan, there is still a month and a half before the World Cup, there is no need to hurry - the decision should be made by his coach.

No one knows where he is going yet, only his coach since she is the one deciding. She said next week she will have decided.

The coach of the silver medalist of the European Championship 2020 Artur Danielyan Elena Buyanova said when the question of his participation in the World Championship will be decided.

"The issue of Danielyan's participation in the World Cup will be decided next week," Buyanova said.

From CSKA website:
http://www.ltk-cska.ru/news/1878-da...-pervenstvo-rossii-po-figurnomu-kataniyu.html

In March, the Junior World Championships in Tallinn and the World Championships in Montreal will be held, and a decision on where Danielian will perform will be made at a later date.

Last edited:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Right. From the links you provided it says that
1. Danielian will not participate the Russian juniors
2. His coach gets to decide whether he goes junior worlds and/or senior worlds
That's it. Not a word about him not going to the worlds.

DobrinFan

Right. From the links you provided it says that
1. Danielian will not participate the Russian juniors
2. His coach gets to decide whether he goes junior worlds and/or senior worlds
That's it. Not a word about him not going to the worlds.

Yes. I never said anything about him not going to worlds, they just don't know which one. (and to be fair, I have a lot of ppl on my ignore list so somebody else could have said something about him not going to worlds).

DobrinFan

World team to be submitted for approval

Men
Dmitry Aliev, Artur Danielian.
Spare - Samarin Alexander, Ignatov Makar.

Women
Kostornaya Alena, Scherbakova Anna, Trusova Alexandra.
Spare - Tuktamysheva Elizabeth, Gulyakova Anastasia.

Pairs
Alexander Boykova - Dmitry Kozlovsky, Evgenia Tarasova - Vladimir Morozov, Daria Pavlyuchenko - Denis Khodykin.
Spare - Mishina Anastasia - Gallyamov Alexander, Pepelova Alina - Pleshkov Roman.

Dance
Sinitsina Victoria - Katsalapov Nikita, Stepanova Alexandra - Bukin Ivan, Zagorski Tiffany - Gureiro Jonathan.
Spare - Morozov Annabel - Bagin Andrey, Skoptsova Anastasia - Alyoshin Kirill.

Last edited:

zebraswan

So Elena got together with Polunin immediately after his extended public meltdown (wherein he put a giant Putin tattoo on his chest, among other disturbing things that were ultimately wiped off his social media by a good PR team) and now, not even a year later, they are hanging out in Miami waiting to have an American child? Does this sound like two people who make sensible decisions? Good luck I guess....

Ka3sha

That’s just rude.
It’s not her business and a very personal thing. Even through Russian figure skating world has known this for a quite some time (and even FSU), no one said it out loud. She doesn’t have any rights to announce things like these, especially since Elena and Sergei didn’t make any official comments or statements. Am pretty sure they wanted to keep this in so called secret for some time..

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
And isn’t it part of Russian culture not to announce these things, and to not even let out picture of the baby for the first year?

If someone could please clarify this, because in that context, Bestemianova just comes off as a b*tch (but hey, I guess that’s her normal.)

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Is this a way for the parents to get the U.S. citizenship easier? I don't know how the law works in the U.S.

It used to be, but with the changes to immigration law currently being litigated who knows. Plenty of parents of US-born kids are being deported if they’re undocumented. It does however give the kid a choice when she turns 18 of Russian or American citizenships.

kris2ffer

Is this a way for the parents to get the U.S. citizenship easier? I don't know how the law works in the U.S.

It is usually for the baby to obtain US citizenship. Have been done for decades. This is very much popular to asian countries. pretty much all asian celebrities do this.

As long as the parents are able to enter the US legally there is no law prohibiting them to get medical care (child birth) in the US. obviously they have to have $$ to support their stay plus medical bills. I personally know couple of chinese who have done this.

Not sure how things work for the baby when the parents come to the US illegally.

Last edited:

Ka3sha

And isn’t it part of Russian culture not to announce these things, and to not even let out picture of the baby for the first year?
No, I don’t thinking not announcing is a part of culture, just a personal choice. Polunin is quite popular in Russia, so I think they simply didn’t want to attract media’s attention.
As for showing pictures - yes, some people choose not to show baby’s face before christening (baptism).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
If someone could please clarify this, because in that context, Bestemianova just comes off as a b*tch (but hey, I guess that’s her normal.)
Apparently the link I posted is a quote of a 1.5 hours long talk show that Bestemianova was a guest in. She was asked about Ilinykh/Soloviev and said that ship had sailed with Elena expecting. It didn't come as anything rude in the speech, however, when posted as if it was the announcement she made without anything near - yeah, well... russian internet.

Bigbird

That is a private matter she had no business discussing that or mentioning that if neither Lena or Sergei has commented on the matter.

Ka3sha

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva’s video blog from Graz for Channel 1

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
@PRlady Does Russia not allow dual citizenship?
Russia allows multiple citizenships, as does the US. There are general caveats/exceptions, like diplomats' kids born in the US, maybe during active postings only, who are exempt. There's also no guarantee that any country won't change the rules and not grandfather in people with multiple citizenships, or select specific countries, like if at war, and including retroactively, where people can't hold them.

Continuing: Unless you're born to an exempt class, if you're born in the US, you get US citizenship. No choice necessary, unless, as an adult, you renounce US citizenship. That is why visibly pregnant brown, black and poor people and non-English speakers can be turned away at the border and there's incentive to deport them.

If parents enter the US legally, the child can eventually sponsor the parents for citizenship. If the parents entered illegally, they can be deported at any time, and applying for sponsorship exposes the entry. It used to be that if you entered the US legally, but overstayed your Visa, if you married a US citizen, and didn't have a criminal record, your spouse could sponsor you and your non-US-born children, like friends' spouses have, but I've been reading and hearing that this can lead to deportation under the Trump Administration. And possibly under the Obama Administration, which deported record numbers, but I don't know if this scenario was a major target.

barbarafan

It used to be, but with the changes to immigration law currently being litigated who knows. Plenty of parents of US-born kids are being deported if they’re undocumented. It does however give the kid a choice when she turns 18 of Russian or American citizenships.
It depends. I read that it is a business in Florida. This was a while ago....Like a tourist travel co....includes appartment, pre-natal, delivery, post-natal care, legal etc...It was for Russians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information