From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Does anyone know anything more about these two? Alla Petrova (10) and Pavel Cherevatjuk (12) performing in Ice Age Kids.
Soooo good. Personality to burn, both of them

Tinami Amori

Does anyone know anything more about these two? Alla Petrova (10) and Pavel Cherevatjuk (12) performing in Ice Age Kids.
Soooo good. Personality to burn, both of them

This couple is pretty set, they've been together (at least as far as recorded competitions) since 2015-16.
They participated in local Russian events this Fall.
Sept 2019 - Moscow Championship Juniors.

October 2019 - MC Juniors

11.13.2019 - Local Moscow event "Championship Winter Starts" @ Megasport Rink.
no vids.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
This couple is pretty set, they've been together (at least as far as recorded competitions) since 2015-16.
They participated in local Russian events this Fall.
Sept 2019 - Moscow Championship Juniors.

October 2019 - MC Juniors

11.13.2019 - Local Moscow event "Championship Winter Starts" @ Megasport Rink.
no vids.
Thanks @Tinami Amori. I knew you'd come through. They're quite amazing.

Japanfan

Well, I am not sure why but I thought Tatiana Volosozhar was married to Stanislav Morozov and I thought how awkward it must be for him to be an assistant coach when she partnered with Maxim Trankov and the chemistry between them was evident.

I thought the same.

I thought Volosozhar and Stas Morozov were an item for a long time? I recalled they were still together when he decided to retire, and Max had a long-term girlfriend when V/T began. They had some pretty immediate chemistry and their other relationships ended fairly quickly after.

So were they not married or in a long-term relationship, then?

Amy L

So were they not married or in a long-term relationship, then?

Not legally married, but pretty much common-law. Back when she switched to Russia, people were assuming that she'd get Russian citizenship quickly because she was married to a Russian (Stas was born in Ekaterinburg), but she clarified that they were not married. Both of her parents were born in the Russian SFSR so it would have been easy for her to get Russian citizenship even if she wasn't an elite athlete.

Tinami Amori

Liza Tuktamysheva is going to Euros as a part of Channel 1 crew
Later Liza posted a clarification of her functions.

She will be working on internet content; will later explain what it is that she'll be posting and working on.
She said "to let you know in advance, it will not include Ladies Event, for obvious reasons. PS. I will be commenting on Men's event".

soogar

Liza Tuktamysheva is going to Euros as a part of Channel 1 crew

I like how Liza stays in the game and keeps herself relevant no matter what the result. This is a really healthy mindset. Hope she has a blast at Euros.

Tinami Amori

Alina Zagitova is back to practices. 2 vids in one clip (2nd one is 3Lz3L)
with coaches... :lol:

Yulia Lipnitskaya will be hosting a master-class in Tokyo on Feb. 6th. anyone can sign up.

Tinami Amori

Alexei Mishin - Philip Hersh exchange (friendly.. :D )

Philip Hersh posts:
With the abysmal level of women’s skating at the Canadian Championships, a lot of Russian women figure skaters should start searching family history to see if they have any Canadian ancestors. Lizette Tuktsmyshevois? Eh?

Alexei Mishin posts:
"Regarding change of citizenship, i'll let Liza reply. Overall, i would say that we, as polite people, would thank the Canadians for the offer, but as a true patriot of Russia, Liza would decline the offer".

«Что касается гражданства, то на этот вопрос, наверное, лучше ответить самой Лизе. Я думаю, что как вежливые люди приглашение канадцев мы примем, но как истинная россиянка от предложения принять гражданство она откажется», –

Tinami Amori

Mark Lukin (Sambo-70) wins/1st @ Cup of Moscow nv. 2020.
4T-2T

Vsevolod Knyazev (Sambo-70) wins 2nd/Silver (nv.)

Podium for nv. boys

Sofia Akatieva (Sambo-70) wins the Cup of Moscow jr. 2020.
4T-2T
Adelia Petrosyan (Sambo-70) earns 2nd/Silver

Girls - podium

George Kunitza (Sabmo-70) wins/1st place - Cup of Moscow jr. 2020.

Last edited:

starrynight

Alexei Mishin - Philip Hersh exchange (friendly.. :D )

Philip Hersh posts:

Alexei Mishin posts:
"Regarding change of citizenship, i'll let Liza reply. Overall, i would say that we, as polite people, would thank the Canadians for the offer, but as a true patriot of Russia, Liza would decline the offer".

«Что касается гражданства, то на этот вопрос, наверное, лучше ответить самой Лизе. Я думаю, что как вежливые люди приглашение канадцев мы примем, но как истинная россиянка от предложения принять гражданство она откажется», –

Mishin is probably taking Hersh a bit literally - obviously Tuktamysheva will never compete for another country. I think it’s more about the tragedy of there being so many excellent Russian women and so few spots for them - particularly when a major skating nation like Canada is struggling in ladies and a skater with a 3A in combination, at 4T landed in warm up and a developing 4S won’t be competing.

Tinami Amori

Mishin is probably taking Hersh a bit literally - obviously Tuktamysheva will never compete for another country. I think it’s more about the tragedy of there being so many excellent Russian women and so few spots for them - particularly when a major skating nation like Canada is struggling in ladies and a skater with a 3A in combination, at 4T landed in warm up and a developing 4S won’t be competing.
ISU can solve this problem by expanding number of skaters from each country to participate in major competitions. Or, by establishing "tennis like" method of "ranking" or "points"..

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Alright, so now Eteri has a 12-year-old boy who has a quad.
I am willing to bet that in 5 years the entire Russian Men's team will be Eteri's and they will be winning all the gold medals.

Mark my words!

Tinami Amori

Alright, so now Eteri has a 12-year-old boy who has a quad.
I am willing to bet that in 5 years the entire Russian Men's team will be Eteri's and they will be winning all the gold medals.
I am kind of hopping that Artur Daniielian does well and medals... i like his skating very much.. And Petr Gumennik's too...:shuffle: Gumennik has feisty personality..... he is fun to watch.. :D

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Danielian and Gumennik are fun to watch and very talented, I agree.
But Eteri's school is going to sweep all the podiums in the years to come.

Tinami Amori

Danielian and Gumennik are fun to watch and very talented, I agree.
But Eteri's school is going to sweep all the podiums in the years to come.
lets not get ahead of time... i have no doubt in Eteri's productivity... but realistically, her prospectively top 5 boys are one in Jr. (Samsonov) and 4 in novice (Lukin, Knyazev, Fedotov, Kolesnikov) and the last 4 have a long way to go and to try the international competitions.

the rest are......
Jr. turn Sr. Erohov (20) is a question mark, he is leaning now towards coaching rather than competing and is a helper to Dudakov with younger groups.

Erohov is a question mark... he was never high up in ranks.
Kuniza - 50/50... he wins a lot of local competitions, but is not known for international success (yet?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information