From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

Sylvia

TBD
Time for a new thread!

Video interviews of winners and prize-winners of the Moscow stage of the Grand Prix of the Rostelecom Cup:

The fifth and final Russian Cup (stage 5) takes place this week, November 20-24, 2019, in Moscow. Last chance to qualify for Nationals! (December 25-29, 2019 in Krasnoyarsk).

ETA:

According to @Jeschke in the Kiss & Cry section, the current top 3 in the RC standings of each discipline are:

MEN (8 spots available)
30 Murashov
28 Zuber
26 Yablokov

LADIES (6 spots available)
36 Tsibinova
32 Nugumanova
32 Gubanova

PAIRS (0 spots available)
34 Balabanova/Sviatchenko
30 Kostiukovich/Ialin
28 Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov

ICE DANCE (8 spots available)
36 Morozov/Bagin
32 Konkina/Drozd
32 Tultseva/Belovodchenko

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I've come in here to wave a little sage around and also ask what's up with Fedichkina. Is she in Mishin's group as per her wiki? Will we see her again?
She left Rukavicin because as he said "she was done in by the world of fun." And, no, I don't think we will. She's not even doing the internal comps which means no nationals.

Bigbird

She left Rukavicin because as he said "she was done in by the world of fun." And, no, I don't think we will. She's not even doing the internal comps which means no nationals.

Well, let's give the girl her due there's much more to life than being borderline anorexic or otherwise in search of that elusive plastic medal while prancing around half naked in an over-sized ice box. Go girl!!!

Marco

Russia has so much talent in the ladies that I wish they could be even stricter about their selection at or near the top. They definitely can afford to be ultra-strict on edge and rotation calls and even PCS at Nationals and still produce a team that can sweep the Euros or even the Worlds podium.

Case in point, ladies like Fedichkina and Sakhanovich need to be very heavily dinged on their axel technique. Most Eteri girls and Medvedeva need to be very heavily dinged on their lutz edge. Tuktamysheva needs to be very heavily dinged on TR. Many of them need fair reflection on SS for their lack of speed and ice coverage.

The recent RUS Fed's cry of unfairness of calls is not really helping the cause. These skaters need to be motivated to work on their weaknesses, instead of being told that the calls made against them were unfair and that they were perfect the way they were.

lily

Russia has so much talent in the ladies that I wish they could be even stricter about their selection at or near the top. They definitely can afford to be ultra-strict on edge and rotation calls and even PCS at Nationals and still produce a team that can sweep the Euros or even the Worlds podium.

Case in point, ladies like Fedichkina and Sakhanovich need to be very heavily dinged on their axel technique. Most Eteri girls and Medvedeva need to be very heavily dinged on their lutz edge. Tuktamysheva needs to be very heavily dinged on TR. Many of them need fair reflection on SS for their lack of speed and ice coverage.

The recent RUS Fed's cry of unfairness of calls is not really helping the cause. These skaters need to be motivated to work on their weaknesses, instead of being told that the calls made against them were unfair and that they were perfect the way they were.
How should their strict choice look like?

Ka3sha

Well, I should have probably posted this pic in some other thread in TC, but couldn’t figure out where exactly, so here it is:

Evgenia Medvedeva with little Aleksandr Deputat (Ekaterina Bobrova and Andrei Deputat’s son) :)

Ka3sha

Also, two new interviews:

With Dmitri Aliev

And with Makar Ignatov

Tinami Amori

Russian Channel #1 produced a new TV show about figure skating.
- It is called "ФК", short for FK - Figure Skating. Hosted by Alexandre Sokolovsky.
The first episode will feature Anna Shcherbakova: Skaters and their secrets.

Puma+Balmain
- live from Los Angeles, broadcasting live runway show, introducing their new collection and "Alina Zagitova dress". (broadcast time is on the video. now in 33 hours).

Short clip of Kamila Valieva and Anna Shcherbakova at the GP-Rostelecom in the audience.

Elena Ilinykh - still in love.. :D
... but was not in the cast of "Rasputin" at the Zurich show.
... the "INGLOT" commercial they did together is still running.

Lisa Nugumanova in a modeling foto-session (scroll vertically)

Sylvia

TBD
Alina Zagitova interview uploaded by Russian Channel 1 before the start of NHK Trophy (Nov. 21, 2019):

Translated (partially?) here: https://fs-gossips.com/alina-zagito...r-eyes-are-closed-you-are-going-to-your-goal/

Last edited:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Oh she’s going to be unbeatable then! She won’t have to play catch up after the SP with the axel.

hanca

Values her privacy
I knew that the fact she got the poodle very likely meant she had already landed it! Why would her parents buy it to her when they promised they would buy it when she gets 3A?

I wonder what Scherbakova is doing. She wouldn’t want to be left behind.

sequin

I knew that the fact she got the poodle very likely meant she had already landed it! Why would her parents buy it to her when they promised they would buy it when she gets 3A?

I wonder what Scherbakova is doing. She wouldn’t want to be left behind.
In one of the pieces released about her earlier there were clips of a 3A and 4T on harness so now that Sasha has a 3A I would expect a video of one of them sometime this season...

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I can't find such a twitter acc. Yags has an official one, but it's not under this address and he hasn't tweeted anything since 2017 on that one...strange story.

Ka3sha

mjb52

I am really disappointed in Yags. He has what appears to be a great life and it is weird that he has developed such a sour side to his personality. Or perhaps it was always there and we didn’t see it because there wasn’t the same kind of coverage and exposure of skaters there is now. (Or I guess you could argue that it was there in the whole rivalry with plushchenko all along).

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
RECENT INTERVIEWS

Alina Zagitova

Alena Kostornaia

Anna Shcherbakova

Sinitsina / Katsalapov

The 3A’s (Older Interview Following Last Years Nationals)

AND FINALLY

Sasha Trusova shows a member of the paparazzi who’s in charge

Last edited:

zebraswan

I am really disappointed in Yags. He has what appears to be a great life and it is weird that he has developed such a sour side to his personality. Or perhaps it was always there and we didn’t see it because there wasn’t the same kind of coverage and exposure of skaters there is now. (Or I guess you could argue that it was there in the whole rivalry with plushchenko all along).

Both Yags and Plushy turned out to be terrible people, albeit in different ways.

Why did he have to invoke Sergei's name at all? Sergei is respectful of everyone. would never, ever talk about another competitor that way. I hope he could replace Yags eventually as a commentator...

Mad for Skating

What's Yagudin's problem with Jason Brown?

If this is true, yikes. :scream:

Here’s the link https://www.instagram.com/p/B5NgLJrIMzi/

I just don’t get this guy. He’s an accomplished skater in his own right. Jason isn’t a threat to Yagudin’s legacy as an athlete, so there’s no reason he should have a problem with him. Even if he doesn’t like his skating, there are dozens of ways you can say it without being so rude. I used to love Yagudin as a skater, but he’s hit an all-time low today.

Also, it’s really not fair to drag Voronov into the middle of this. Sergei has always been a respectful competitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information