From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

angi

On the one hand I expected it to be worse, on the other hand that music cut is just dreadful and the second music selection is awful and have zero connection to the first part... I hoped their lifts will improve in the offseason but they still make me nervous during lifts...
But I have no idea what are they thinking going with this as their FS for the olympic season... So many questionable decisions today...

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
TEST SKATES - DAY 2 - UPDATED

ICE DANCE

Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev Free Dance (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy)
Sofia Evdokimova / Egor Bazin Free Dance
Tiffany Zahorski /Jonathan Guerreiro Free Dance
Elena Ilinykh / Anton Shibnev Free Dance
Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd Free Dance
Annabelle Morozov / Andrei Bagin Free Dance
Betina Popova / Sergey Mozgov Free Dance (2nd Copy)
Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov Free Dance (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy)

MEN

Dmitri Aliev Free Skate (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy)
Sergei Voronov Free Skate (2nd Copy)
Mikhail Kolyada Free Skate (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy)
Andrei Lazukin Free Skate
Alexander Petrov Free Skate (2nd Copy)
Alexander Samarin Free Skate (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy)

PAIRS

Kristina Astakhova / Alexei Rogonov
Alisa Efimova / Alexander Korovin Free Skate
Natalja Zabijako / Alexander Enbert
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov Free Skate

LADIES

Alina Zagitova Free Skate (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy)
Evgenia Medvedeva Free Skate (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy)
Elena Radionova Free Skate
Maria Sotskova Free Skate (2nd Copy, 3rd Copy)
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva Free Skate (2nd Copy)

REST TO FOLLOW

S

SmallFairy

:wall:
Welcome 1994!
I refuse to über them with this.
And last year the Russian fed told them their LP had to go (and they ended up with "Music"). How can it have been any less suiting than this?
I can't take it seriously. It's so far from their style it's ridiculous. I'm embarrassed. Give me a pair of scissors to cut off that tie right now.

And I'm already tired of all the rock'n roll music that has emerged with lyrics, as it's not excacy advanced, it has few nuances, it's not sophisticated, so where do you pull out the details in the choreography from? Four minutes with shaking hips and wiggly wrists is not desired.

Bellanca

Not many skaters are ready for prime time at this stage. If the test skates were a little rough, don't sweat it, that is what test skates are for. Leave the dicey stuff there, not @ a comp.

Last edited:

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
I will update post 96 again tomorrow. Just two to go. If they turn up, its likely to be here. Please post the links if you come across them. Thanks

S

SmallFairy

Is Peter responsible for this? :kickass:

And Evgenia is so pretty, why this damn yellow dress?? :revenge:

Peter T. must have had a moment of sanity loss (or he was paid by Queen Aljona). How can such a pretty man produce this?. Evegenia looks stunning. She reminds me more of Shiskova every day. That dress:yikes: Oksana Baiul 1993...

arakwafan2006

Tarasova/morozov- Good luck to them trying to keep up with that music. While i do think it’s a valiane effort that they are making, i cannot get a read on their personalities. I don’t want to say “ like such and such” because you guys will compare the two when i just meant to set a baseline. She has to find her on ice magic immediately because it almost seems like the point of this pair is she’s great and he’s...good. I do wish they would embrace more emotional classical pieces because, nobody is really doing it these days and Evgenia when it comes to pairs skills is just beautiful. I want them to do well because they seem like nice people and they clearly work hard. There is nothing wrong with the free skate but sexy, sultry and seductive, salacious are not words i’d use to describe this pair.

Elena/Anton- love those names together for all reasons nostalgia! Anyhow, not much to say other than they look promising. It’s too soon to know if they just are two people mashed together like she and Ruslan were ( sorry if you disagree). The Elena and Nikita vibes are washed from my memory so i just eagerly watch a new pair.

Bobrova/Soloviev- Lort... While standing still, they are one of the more attractive looking people in the Ice Dance discipline. Turn the music on and she is like a ballerina linebacker . I can appreciate their skill but as a team, with their material and that crazy ass Zhulin choreo/coaching format, I’m left scratching my head after watching them. That crazy looking slide lift where she exits and frantically tries to gather speed... i just... i don’t know what to say.

Medvedeva- Olympic Champion

AquaLady

Thoughts on the FDs today...

Bobrova/Soloviev - For the first time ever, I actually agree with their music choice! Miracles do happen! Love that orchestral cover of Secrets... A really lovely piece... Having said that, the program itself is still bland. I guess that's what happens when Zhulin is your coach.

Ilinykh/Shibnev - I'm honestly a bit disappointed with this program. I know they've just teamed up but I was kinda expecting Elena to really show up... Not feeling this FD, sadly. They should have done a more character-driven program. It would have played to her strengths.

Zahorski/Guerreiro - I really love Tiffany and Jon, but come on... Another Muse Medley? :fragile: There's some lovely bits of choreography though. I thought their movement was fluid thoughtout the program. The coaching change definitely helped them.

Morozov/Bagin - I thought this team had good music choices, even in the short. Great showing for a new couple. She has it. Good quality skating from these two. They have potential.

Popova/Mozgov - Love me some attitude girl! Unexpectedly impressed with this team. Smart choice picking Carmen. Lots of power and great choreography. Good stuff.

Sinitsina/Katsalapov - No comment. I simply can't stand them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information