From Russia with love [#27]: Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobrinFan

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Anna won't take part in the open part of the test skates as she is still recovering from the old injury :(
https://mrsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20170909/1125452233.html
UPD. But she was at the training session in the morning today (according to Mikhail Sharov)

This is getting confusing!

ETA: Oh, I see, she is there but she's not actually going to do the test skate. "'Pogorilaya has not yet recovered completely after the trauma, she is in Sochi at the camp, but she will not ride at the box office,' Kogan said by telephone." (Don't ever change, Google Translate. :D )

J

Jeschke

Now Sotskovas SP came as a little surprise to me; liked her way more in this program than in any of her 2 programs of the last season;
not sure about the tutberidze-jump-layout though. Is this new for her? I can't recall.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

DobrinFan

Now Sotskovas SP came as a little surprise to me; liked her way more in this program than in any of her 2 programs of the last season;
not sure about the tutberidze-jump-layout though. Is this new for her? I can't recall.

Yeah new layout except for the last 2 spins. Tanos too :slinkaway She apparently changed the layout of her LP. I'm guessing a 1/6 layout at least.

J

Jeschke

Hm. Not sure what to think of Radionova.
I did not like that SP last season, so I am no fan this season.

I missed the fire, all seemed pretty cautious, Hm. Is this the new costume? I did not like that too.
And she seems to have grown even more.

Kick ass lil'Rose!

DobrinFan

I missed the fire, all seemed pretty cautious, Hm. Is this the new costume? I did not like that too.

I didn't either and i'm still not a fan. Prefer this dress though and I can see some improvements already in posture and arm movements but yeah she lacked fire.

Zagitova SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPVxzBbozTk

patinart

While I appreciate Zagitova's technical abilites, the rest of her skating is just so... meh to me. There's no fire, no spark, just a well mastered sequence of elements. My dream Russian ladies team for the Olys. would be Medvedeva, Pogorilaya and Radionova, but I feel like not only is Zagitova being set up for a spot on the team, but as well for a medal in Korea.

Give credit where credit is due. Her technical score should be very high... but the PCS she has been getting since last year are way too high in my IMO. She should be no where near the 3 ladies I mentionned above in PCS and should also be receiving lower PCS that Sotskova.

Wyliefan

Kick ass lil'Rose!

I liked it, and I still like it, but I agree she needs to pep it up. And I miss the black gloves. They made her look like an Edward Gorey character when she did some of those funky arm positions.

Wyliefan

So not getting the Zagitova hype. She's good technically, but her arms are terrible, and she's not holding/finishing off her moves well. (Sorry for double-posting.) I did like her ballet FS last year, though, so maybe she just needs some time to settle into this program?

J

Jeschke

If I watch the level of skating of Morozova/Bagin, I would be really pissed if I'd be in Dimitriev jr. or Shulepovs shoes, that they were allowed to skate.
But we all know the game...
Not that I miss junior though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information