Free dance music ideas for Zagorski/Guerreiro?

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
As finding music is so damned difficult :wall: it would be great and I'd really appreciate it,
if you, the fans :fan::fan21: could come up with some Free Dance ideas for me to pass onto Tiff and Jon.

They are ideally looking for something
  • Uplifting and Uptempo
  • Builds or Changes tempo, forming a coherent whole
  • With Character and Memorable
  • Crowd/Judge Pleasing
  • Gets the Audience Tapping their Feet
  • A Style or Characters that Both Tiff and Jon could Play Well
The judges/ISU have had enough of soft melodic FDs, so they have to change directions completely!
Remember also that there is a tango SD, so nothing too similar to a tango!

I thank you in advance for your suggestions :respec:

Last edited:

Anyasnake

Elastic Heart by Sia - Or actually almost any song by Sia, one of the best contemporary playlist you can get.
Maybe a music selection from Cirque du Soleil ?

Please, no POTO, Carmen, Moulin Rouge, the Greatest Showman or anything in that vein, the 2019-2020 SD is musical/Broadway anyway, so for everyone's safety, let's avoid it ! :lol:

If I have more ideas, I'll post them !

Last edited:

barbarafan

Elastic Heart by Sia - Or actually almost any song by Sia, one of the best contemporary playlist you can get.
Maybe a music selection from Cirque du Soleil ?

Please, no POTO, Carmen, Moulin Rouge, the Greatest Showman or anything in that vein, the 2019-2020 SD is musical/Broadway anyway, so for everyone's safety, let's avoid it ! :lol:

If I have more ideas, I'll post them !

here is a mix of Sia (includes Chandelier and Elastic Heart)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM&list=RDEMieiteXw81tMLBdKv8qkChg

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Bach's `Credo' mixed with Vivaldi's.
and if it's not uplifting enough take anything by Infected Mushroom and mix that...

Last edited:

meggonzo

Banned Member
I'm hoping for someone to use Requiem for a Dream again. I don't know if it fits what they are looking for since it's not really uplifting; however, I think they could pull it off.

starrynight

What about an Outlander soundtrack program or Lord of the Dance / Riverdance etc? (Might work well with Tiffany's red hair).

So have the announcements so far been interpreted as a push from the ISU and the judges to move away from the trends of the past quad?

Anyasnake

The ideas is good, but the music is made for TV and apart from a few minutes here and there, is mostly too monotonous for an FD.
Mainstream music can be great for figure skating. One nice thing to do is to go through Spotify and search into the playlists. Who knows maybe they'd like to skate to The Weeknd ? Or a Beyonce song ?
Also, look at some Dancing With the Stars performances (I'm 100% sure some choreographers got idea from there...)

(Requiem for a dream and Riverdance have been used and reused... bad idea).

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Ugh, the last time the ISU asked for this, A/P and L/A ignored the request completely and only one judge separated them for the OGM.

What is their target audience for their key competitions? There are enough relatively young judges that standard ballroom, Fred and Ginger and Chaplins, might not cut it, and, I hope, no saccharine Coppelia FD's. But swing and Rock and Roll work, with the character built into the dance.

The two programs that tick off all the boxes for me are T/D's Barnum and P/B's Le Petit Prince. I don't know if Cirque has toe-tapping music. If they want to go classical, The Bolt or Sylvia, maybe. Raymonda last act specifically might work: it's got that whole Hungarian theme and a rousing fake finale.

I haven't listened to it for a while but maybe Some Girls could be mined. Do they have bands they listened to growing up that would work?

Last edited:

Ka3sha

The first idea that came to my mind was Stravinsky's Firebird, but that's probably too obvious and not very uplifting.
Or something from Balanchine's Jewels - If I remember correctly , no one used it in figure skating before, but the music is really great :)

clairecloutier

There's a lot of great Middle Eastern music that's very rhythmic and fun to dance to. Putumayo has some good compilation CDs out of this kind of music--try listening to these two-- Arabic Groove and Cairo to Casablanca.

Also, this may sound completely odd, but I've always felt like Steely Dan's "Do It Again" might make an interesting free dance. It has a nice rhythm to it.

Or, this is out there, but what about a Motown program featuring Marvin Gaye's version of "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"? Might be a little challenging to pull off ....

Bigbird

Chicago. She would make a brilliant Roxie and he would look smashing in a suit. If G/P hadn't already done Bond that would have been great. Jonathan did a great Bond piece with Ekat. Ria. and he really liked the theme.

But do they plan to take a more elegant, mysterious approach to the Tango? It would be nice if they showed off some range and also kept it upbeat.

skategal

Bunny mama
Two suggestions:

1. The soundtrack to "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" by the acclaimed composer Dario Marianelli

A lot of it is soft in nature but there is a Scottish reel and they could close with this uplifting song by the Young Romans

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fMit-_qxAqA

2. Cyndi Lauper

A mashup of Lauper songs such as "Time after Time", "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", and "All Through the Night."

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so donā€™t you fork my peas
Chicago. She would make a brilliant Roxie and he would look smashing in a suit. If G/P hadn't already done Bond that would have been great. Jonathan did a great Bond piece with Ekat. Ria. and he really liked the theme.

The James Bond mention has me thinking they would do a good job with The Pink Panther. Although, that was already done by a Russian dance team before...

clairecloutier

I think Pink Panther is too identified with Navka/Kostomarov and Savchenko/Szolkowy.

If they wanted a fun movie soundtrack, another option could be The Mask. A lot of people have used the music, but I don't know if there's really been a definitive program to it yet? I could see Tiff/Jon really showing that music off and selling it.

I really like the Berlin Babylon suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information