Figure Skating Books You Can't Wait to Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

Once again, it's the off season. :yawn:

To fill the void, I am compiling a list of figure skating books I can't wait to read. :COP:

Here's what I have so far:

• Aging Out, by Vasilisa Davankova, with preface by Elena Ilinykh
  • Quintuple Jumps Made Easy, by Alexandra Trusova
  • Channeling Stevie Smith: Not Drowning, but Waving, by Daria Panenkova
  • Sangfroid, by Kévin Aymoz
  • Unique Music and Costume Selections, by Kévin Aymoz and Romain Ponsart
  • Success on Our Own Merits, by Annabelle Morozov and Andrei Bagin
  • After Puberty: The Best Part of a Young Lady’s Career, by Eteri Tutberidze
  • What You Can Do with Flowers, by Evgenia Medvedeva as told to Eteri Tutberidze
  • You Too Can Master Consistency, by Mikhail Kolyada, with footnotes by Maxim Kovtun and Stanislava Konstantinova
  • Your Duties as a Mandatory Reporter, by Dalilah Sappenfield
  • Always Room for More, by Marie-France Dubreuil
  • Happy Together, by Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov
  • Bunnies Not Bullies, by Mariah Bell
  • How to Get on the Right Side of the I.S.U., by Eun Soo Lim, edited by Mee Hee Park
  • Crossing the 49th Parallel: The Shocking Stories of Three Americans Who Passed for Canadian, by Piper Gilles, Kaitlyn Weaver, and Keegan Messing, edited and with a preface by Bryce Davison

I welcome your suggestions. New releases only, please. The pages are coming loose from my copy of Cutting the Umbilical Cord, by Yuna Kim. ;)

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Just ordered at Amazon

"The Male Butt: Volume 2" by Timothy LeDuc, Marco Fabbri & Foreward by Matteo Guarise

"The Intricacies Of Naming a Ladies Team" by The Russian Figure Skating Federation

"Unleashed!" by Alexandra Trusova, Rika Kihira & Alysa Liu

".01? Really?" by Larkyn Austman

Last edited:

mollymgr

Travel Tips Hubbell and Donohue
Shirts For Everyone Kévin Aymoz
The Art of Chopping Onions and Music Daniil Gleichengauz
Dang! I'm Getting Married Evan Lysacek

1001 Uses For FaceTime Nathan Chen
The Sky Is The Limit: GOE Applications International Skating Union
Basics of Building Your Brand Mitchell Johansson Method

Last edited:

Orm Irian

First Aid Tips for Slippery Situations, by Ashley Cain and Timothy LeDuc.
The Art of Picking a Good Coach (as Many Times as Necessary), by Laurine Lecavelier.
The Day it All Went Wrong, by Kailani Craine, Anita Ostlund, Alexia Paganini and Emmi Peltonen, foreword by Alexei Bychenko.
Where Did All the Pairs Go? by the ISU.

jiejie

Big Teddy Bear an autobiography by Alexei Mishin.
Career Extension Services by Hao Zhang, Deanna Stellato and Zoe Jones (foreword by Fumie Suguri).
Juniors Rule! Anthology by Ted Barton.
Video Hide-and-Seek by Worldwide Fans of Skating. (This one must be special-ordered with plain brown wrapper to avoid alerting corporate media radar).

Foolhardy Ham Lint

A Lady Never Tells Her Age, And A Gentleman Never Asks by Zoe Jones. Foreword By Alena Leonova
Bitch Stole My Look by Victoria Sinitsina and Madison Hubbell
Catch Us If You Can By Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron. Foreword by Nathan Chen
13 is the new 14 by Alyssa Liu. Foreward by Alexandra Trusova
You Say Potato. I Say Triple Axel. How I Made TSL Eat Crow By Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Baubles, Bangles, and Bedazzled By Kirstin Moore - Towers
Wife Swap! By Charlie Bilodeau
Toss Your Cares And Curls Away By Jason Brown.
Room For One More By Evgenia Medvedeva. Foreword By Jason Brown
Tis The Season By Alina Zagitova

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Come on now, surely Robin Szolkowy and Brian Johnson were also knowledgeable contributors to this tome! :D :grope:

And that's spelled 'foreword,' btw.

Tell my autocorrect that.

Frustrating..its forever changing Ting Cui, Loena, Alina and several others constantly for me.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

The Art Of Quick Change Costumes - Or Working Your Best 'Ru Veal' by Anna Shcherbakova. Foreward by Laurine Lecavelier and Anna Pogorilaya.

Step, kick, kick, leap, kick, touch...Again! - That Broadway Ice Dance Season by Anonymous.

Presenting The Artist Within - The Jennifer Thomas Greatest Hits Piano CD Starter Kit - (Black shaded dress and sequinned gloves optional)

North! by Deanna Stellato-Dudek. Foreword by Kaitlyn Weaver.

South! by Mervin Tran. Foreword by Tanith Belbin-White.

Global Warrior by Vanessa James. Foreword by Allison Reed.

Tryouts! by Evgeni Krasnopolski. Foreword by Calla Urbanski.

Last edited:

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Come on now, surely Robin Szolkowy and Brian Johnson were also knowledgeable contributors to this tome! :D :grope:

And that's spelled 'foreword,' btw.
Also everyone’s favorite Swedish male skater, Alexander Majorov!

Nothing but Gold: How to Have the Perfect Olympic Experience, by Michelle Kwan and Kurt Browning. It’s older but still brilliantly readable.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Triumph of the Spirit, by Aljona Savchenko, Foreword by Robin Szolkowy, Afterword by Bruno Massot, illustrations by Liam Cross; Thumbs-up review by Ingo Steuer

Fabulous, and I know it! by Cordero Zuckerman, with Preface by Shawn Sawyer, Afterword by Johnny Weir; Thumbs-up review by Adam Rippon

Unexpected Pairs Matches Made in Heaven, a compilation edited by Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot with testimony by Jessica Calalang & Brian Johnson; Lubov Ilyushechkina & Charlie Bilodeau; Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc; and Laura Barquero & Ton Consul; Foreword by John Nicks; Thumbs-up review by Tai Babilonia & Randy Gardner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information