Facebook Live with Kurt Browning June 20

Teenes

It was Kurt Browning's 54th birthday yesterday, and tomorrow is the first day of summer. Seems like a good time to join us for a Facebook Live Q&A with Kurt on the Kurt Browning Facebook Page on Saturday, June 20 at 2PM EDT. We'll be taking fan questions from the Facebook Live comments.

You can also submit questions in advance on this post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10163725221245483&id=217099960482

Teenes

Just in case anyone was interested in watching the 1+ hour Q&A, here it is on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC5HMJE7wRc

I've been following Kurt's career closely for decades (and have interviewed him myself several times) and I still heard stories and things I'd never heard before in yesterday's Q&A. Not to mention, he gave us a tour of his costume closet and he's kept everything!

Sonata

Thanks for the link. I didn’t expect to watch the whole thing, but I did. Surprised he thinks he could have done better spins and footwork as an amateur. The peak at his costume closet was cool. I was happy to learn that he and Elvis are close friends now.

But... 54?!? I was a bit taken aback. I take it for granted that he’ll keep performing for a long time. Would love to see his retrospective show in Victoria once it happens again.

Teenes

I'm glad you all enjoyed it! It is a bit long, but we didn't even get to a bunch of the submitted questions. The fans asked some great questions!

And yes, 54! Hard to believe...

Sylvia

TBD
@Teenes, hope you don't mind I bump up your original thread for Skate Ontario's FB Live chat with Kurt tomorrow: https://www.facebook.com/SkateOntario/posts/10157381150972121
Please join us tomorrow, Thursday, November 19 at 3:00pm ET on Facebook Live with special guest, our November Skater in Residence - Kurt Browning!
In this fun and interactive conversation, we hear from Merit Travel Manager, Sandra Weber who gives us some insight into "Travelling in the Time of C0VID-19" by discussing not only the current rules and guidelines for travel but also some of her first-hand experiences. We will hear from Kurt on his travel experiences as well!
Bring your questions and let's chat travel!
#SkateOntarioProud

Teenes

@Sylvia, I don't mind at all! Actually, while you've got this thread going...

I highly recommend checking out the blog Sylvia linked to above if you're a Kurt fan. It's humorous, thoughtful, reflective, tongue-in-cheek, and sincere, all in turns, and very much in Kurt's voice.

Also, I don't think I posted it here at the time, but Kurt and Sandra Bezic interviewed each other back in September, looking back at their 30+ years of work together, reliving memories, telling anecdotes, and occasionally surprising each other. It's over an hour long, but if you're a fan of Casablanca, Singing in the Rain, Antares, That's Entertainment, or any of the other 30+ programs they've done together, or the two TV specials (Tall in the Saddle/You Must Remember This), I think you'll enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information